Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bayfox

Remember When?

I was there that night, and for probably 90/95% of away games that year and the majority of away games since around 2002, but wouldn't necessarily begrudge anyone a ticket just because they weren't freezing their tits off at Bolton away with me in the Carling Cup in 2005.

Yes it's annoying that 'glory fans' jump on board our success, but it happens at every single club and always will. Are you telling me the 80,000 Watford and Palace fans going to the FA Cup semi final have been to most games this season, or watched their team regularly when they were rotting in the lowers leagues? Were the sell out attendees of the final league 1 game of the season v Scunthorpe there when we played Cheltenham, Stockport, Carlisle etc?

If we do go on to win the whole thing (I still can't bring myself to imagine it happening) then there are going to be 'fans' from all over clawing at our success wherever they can, I've already seen mates of mine who I know full well have supported West Ham, United etc suddenly change their tune but heyho. I won't be sat at Stanford Bridge begrudging those who didn't watch the s**t that the rest of us did. I'll just be so thankful that I did put up with losing to Luton, Plymouth and Tranmere and watching Stephen Hughes, Alan Maybury and Rab Douglas because nobody can hijack the true feeling that us 'real fans' will endure climbing the entire spectrum of emotion.

All this talk of away points. Priority. Begging for refs didn't exist.

When we had the chance to seal the title at Bolton on a Tuesday night an we couldn't even sell out.

No need for high horses.

We took plenty to Bolton on a Tuesday night with work in the morning, it was a quality away end.

I personally don't have a season ticket because the job I had required me to work Saturdays, in that time I missed our Promotion season and two Premier League seasons.

I don't have that job any more, having moved on to Mon-Fri and would like to be a part of the club's success.

I apologise because that obviously makes me less of a supporter than you.

Some people have priorities that might not necessarily always revolve around attending a football match. Try suggesting to my face that having a sense of balance about this makes me less of a fan than you, and then we can perhaps have a conversation.

Remember when Charles Aranguiz joined Leverkusen for Champions League football... Or when Jordan Veretout chose the massive Aston Villa over us.

I wonder if Aranguiz knows who we are now?  :)

I also wonder if he ever thinks what might have been if he came here? Perhaps he wouldn't have got a season long injury and be on the cusp of picking up a winners medal?

No need for high horses.

We took plenty to Bolton on a Tuesday night with work in the morning, it was a quality away end.

Not high horses mate. I am just wondering why so many people are now get so narky about a system that rewards loyalty over a period of time.

All I am reading on twitter etc is that it's faces that have never been seen before at games. And that our away ends are now crap.

Well I see the same faces at away games that have been going for a decade or more.

Maybe they are getting a bit older and are not able to be as vocal or have mellowed with age.

But I really would love someone to suggest a system that is fairer. Or pleases everyone. It just isn't going to happen.

If people think there is a problem with the away system I can't wait to see what the response to the club's solution to the family stand will be when all the young families that are currently there. When the kids they take are no longer eligible.

Choas will reign.

Some people have priorities that might not necessarily always revolve around attending a football match. Try suggesting to my face that having a sense of balance about this makes me less of a fan than you, and then we can perhaps have a conversation.

At what point did I make any mention of that?

And maybe some on here have never made any complaint about the away system.

I just wonder how many of those complaining about missing out on old Trafford or the Emirates alike actually had priorities over football that day that they could make exceptions for?

Not high horses mate. I am just wondering why so many people are now get so narky about a system that rewards loyalty over a period of time.

All I am reading on twitter etc is that it's faces that have never been seen before at games. And that our away ends are now crap.

Well I see the same faces at away games that have been going for a decade or more.

Maybe they are getting a bit older and are not able to be as vocal or have mellowed with age.

But I really would love someone to suggest a system that is fairer. Or pleases everyone. It just isn't going to happen.

If people think there is a problem with the away system I can't wait to see what the response to the club's solution to the family stand will be when all the young families that are currently there. When the kids they take are no longer eligible.

Choas will reign.

Nobody is getting narky over it. Everyone is fully aware that it is the most fair system, but it doesn't mean that people who don't quite have enough points or have had to give up their tickets should just accept that they'll never get a ticket again.

Nobody is getting narky over it. Everyone is fully aware that it is the most fair system, but it doesn't mean that people who don't quite have enough points or have had to give up their tickets should just accept that they'll never get a ticket again.

Let's count how many threads get high jacked by begging for tickets. The system is wrong. People are selling tickets and refs that's not fair.

I was just being a little facetious I guess.

At what point did I make any mention of that?

And maybe some on here have never made any complaint about the away system.

I just wonder how many of those complaining about missing out on old Trafford or the Emirates alike actually had priorities over football that day that they could make exceptions for?

Fair enough - this all now reads quite differently. I think people will always complain about something, otherwise their lives get empty.

Let's count how many threads get high jacked by begging for tickets. The system is wrong. People are selling tickets and refs that's not fair.

How can that not be fair?

People who have a spare reference are selling the tickets to fellow Leicester fans.

You're not being facetious, you're being elitist. People like you will always moan about the bloke next to you because he wasn't at the JPT game against Hartlepool or something like that.

The sooner you accept that there are plenty of people wanting to support Leicester, the better the atmosphere will be.

I bet you sing that ****ing ridiculous "If you're watching on the tele you're a cvnt" song an all.

Just a random point about that Bolton game - I really wasn't arsed about making the effort to get there midweek when we were already promoted. Being champions of that league didn't really matter to myslef that much so it just felt like a friendly to me.

I agree about the selling of references, makes a mockery of the whole priority points for  away games when you can doubly maintain your points status by not going and selling your refs, which causes the joint effect of stopping other people getting priority points.

I would like to see a system like this, you maintain your away priority scheme and priority points, but you also allocate priority passes. You can't get a sniff of a ticket now without being at least a member, so with every membership tier you get x amount of 1 use priority codes.

Every season ticket holder and gold member  gets 3, family & silver 2, city 1 (or something like that it may be too high)

This one use code will mean everyone will have an opportunity of going to an away game, but priority is awarded on loyalty, but not exclusively to those that have the most points.

So when tickets go on sale the away tickets scheme members get their tickets first. Then the first batch of tickets go on sale to those with the most priority points  at this stage anyone with an active priority code can also buy a ticket. There are obviously  flaws in this system and it is open to abuse as much as the current system, but it would be a fairer way of distributing tickets and stop people begging for tickets. If they are desperate to go to a particular away they get that opportunity. It would also allow fans to build up priority points.

I would also set it so that members get priority points for home games too. A member that goes to every game should have the same amount of priority points as a season ticket holder (If not more as they will have spent twice as much).

I agree about the selling of references, makes a mockery of the whole priority points for away games when you can doubly maintain your points status by not going and selling your refs, which causes the joint effect of stopping other people getting priority points.

I would like to see a system like this, you maintain your away priority scheme and priority points, but you also allocate priority passes. You can't get a sniff of a ticket now without being at least a member, so with every membership tier you get x amount of 1 use priority codes.

Every season ticket holder and gold member gets 3, family & silver 2, city 1 (or something like that it may be too high)

This one use code will mean everyone will have an opportunity of going to an away game, but priority is awarded on loyalty, but not exclusively to those that have the most points.

So when tickets go on sale the away tickets scheme members get their tickets first. Then the first batch of tickets go on sale to those with the most priority points at this stage anyone with an active priority code can also buy a ticket. There are obviously flaws in this system and it is open to abuse as much as the current system, but it would be a fairer way of distributing tickets and stop people begging for tickets. If they are desperate to go to a particular away they get that opportunity. It would also allow fans to build up priority points.

I would also set it so that members get priority points for home games too. A member that goes to every game should have the same amount of priority points as a season ticket holder (If not more as they will have spent twice as much).

I don't like things about the current away system, but there is no way on earth anybody should get priority over the people that have been to the most away games. Read back what you've written you're basically saying you want a system where people can jump the queue on people with points by buying a membership, you can just imagine the ticket office "yeah sorry mate you can't go to Chelsea away, we've had 3000 people buy into our away membership scheme, I know they've only been to two games a season for the last ten years and you've only missed two but that's how the system works now"

People who have a spare reference are selling the tickets to fellow Leicester fans.

You're not being facetious, you're being elitist. People like you will always moan about the bloke next to you because he wasn't at the JPT game against Hartlepool or something like that.

The sooner you accept that there are plenty of people wanting to support Leicester, the better the atmosphere will be.

I bet you sing that ****ing ridiculous "If you're watching on the tele you're a cvnt" song an all.

In my defence I didn't go to Hartlepool.

I don't like things about the current away system, but there is no way on earth anybody should get priority over the people that have been to the most away games. Read back what you've written you're basically saying you want a system where people can jump the queue on people with points by buying a membership, you can just imagine the ticket office "yeah sorry mate you can't go to Chelsea away, we've had 3000 people buy into our away membership scheme, I know they've only been to two games a season for the last ten years and you've only missed two but that's how the system works now"

Read it back again and you will see I state the away members scheme get their tickets first, then when it goes to priority points it should be more open.

Why should I not be able to go to a single away game? I have been going to 2 or 3 away games a season for the last couple of decades, but now because of the priority points I have only been able to go to 1 premier league away game (West Ham and that was only because it was £45 and nobody could have predicted this season at  that early stage), and that 1 point coupled with my Silver membership will mean I don't get a chance of a ticket because I am behind season ticket holders who have never been to an away game. Even if I had been to all the away games I would still not have as many points as a season ticket holder who goes to none.

Because people then sell/give away their reference that means I either have to resort to begging for a reference on here, which just perpetuates the problem, or sit in the home end, which isn't always a good idea, or not go to an away game.

I get that it would be unfair for someone who has gone to a lot of away games to miss out because some fans have queue jumper passes, but why should away games be the sole right of the elite few, or those who want to by-pass the system and beg for references on here?

Read it back again and you will see I state the away members scheme get their tickets first, then when it goes to priority points it should be more open.

Why should I not be able to go to a single away game? I have been going to 2 or 3 away games a season for the last couple of decades, but now because of the priority points I have only been able to go to 1 premier league away game (West Ham and that was only because it was £45 and nobody could have predicted this season at that early stage), and that 1 point coupled with my Silver membership will mean I don't get a chance of a ticket because I am behind season ticket holders who have never been to an away game. Even if I had been to all the away games I would still not have as many points as a season ticket holder who goes to none.

Because people then sell/give away their reference that means I either have to resort to begging for a reference on here, which just perpetuates the problem, or sit in the home end, which isn't always a good idea, or not go to an away game.

I get that it would be unfair for someone who has gone to a lot of away games to miss out because some fans have queue jumper passes, but why should away games be the sole right of the elite few, or those who want to by-pass the system and beg for references on here?

Because they are severely limited in numbers and there has to be a system and the current way although it is flawed it's probably the fairest way. Putting £35 in other clubs coffers 2 or 3 times a season shouldn't get you priority over someone who pays £400 plus upfront every season.

And it's not an elite few it's people that commit massive amounts of time and money to the cause, whether it's Rotherham or Manchester United. There were a few games earlier in the season that made it to members weren't there, I didn't see the masses proclaiming how great that was, but all of a sudden the system is unfair because we look like we might win the league and everyone wants a piece of it.

Sorry but the away ticket threads are chaos. People who know they aren't going to the game just buy a ticket to sell it on... that way their priority remains high without even attending the game... and it's the same old users on here doing it.

Thankfully I'm P1 but if another P1 buys a ticket with the only intention to sell on, how is that fair? There's probably a P2 that actually wants to go and will now miss out.

I think bayfox has been harshly criticised in this thread. I know exactly what he means. The people commenting in this thread like "I haven't been to an away game since or because" should go look at some of the away game threads because it's the same users buying and then quickly selling... I wouldn't push in front of someone in Tesco only to not actually buy anything when I get to the checkout.

Because they are severely limited in numbers and there has to be a system and the current way although it is flawed it's probably the fairest way. Putting £35 in other clubs coffers 2 or 3 times a season shouldn't get you priority over someone who pays £400 plus upfront every season.

And it's not an elite few it's people that commit massive amounts of time and money to the cause, whether it's Rotherham or Manchester United. There were a few games earlier in the season that made it to members weren't there, I didn't see the masses proclaiming how great that was, but all of a sudden the system is unfair because we look like we might win the league and everyone wants a piece of it.

Not denying that season ticket holders, and people who go to a lot of away games put in time and money, and they should have a priority but not in a way that denies all non season ticket holders. The only reason that others don't commit that time and money is because they are prevented from doing so by the priority scheme.

I've bought a membership and been to 10 home games this season, (around £400 the same as a ST), but I knew I wouldn't be able to go to every game so I didn't buy a season ticket last season, it probably would have been cheaper to buy a season ticket and not turn up to the games I couldn't go to, I could even have made  money by flogging the tickets, but that didn't seem right to me.

Either members need to be able to earn loyalty points for home games, the club needs to stop people using their references for other people (impossible to police) or there needs to be an alternative. I'm not talking about being able to go to the Chelsea game or Man United, but when I have been regularly going to London based games for years and I can't go to Selhurst park for the umpteenth time, it is frustrating. You could even categorise the games, so that these codes don't work for Category A games, just the normal away days which have been put out of my and many others reach by the priority points scheme.

Having a one off  priority code is a reward for buying a membership and gives you the chance to see your club on the road, something fewer and fewer people are able to do.

Archived