Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcking

Congratulations Ashley Chambers No.34

Well done Chambers!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a shame de Vries had that other goal disallowed and we hadn't put a couple more away as Levein has said he planned to give Chambers a decent run-out.

I cannot believe he's only 15, from what i've seen of him in the reserves he looks so composed and I suppose you've got to be if you get first team recognition at 15!!!!!

Hat's off to Levein aswell for giving the lad the chance, just being on the bench would have been a great experience and proud moment for the lad. It's a breath of fresh air to see Levein rewarding the youngsters at this club, could you imagine Adams giving these lads a chance? I bet even Stearman wouldn't of made an appearance for Leicester yet under bum chin.

Let's hope Chambers keeps knuckling down and keeps scoring for the reserves and I think we'll see more of him in the first team. The only problem is that we can't tie him down to a professional contract until he's 17 and if he continues to demolish anything put infront of him then I think the big guns will come and snatch him off us for peanuts.

Good for chambo. Got a slice of the action didn't he? Good luck to him in the future. What did everyone think to him, first impressions like?

People often get optimistic about emerging new talent - and there's been a few names who've come through Leicester's ranks recently who haven't really scaled any heights once they've moved on.

But there's a few saplings turning into footballing oaks right now unless I've got an invisble pair of Lush's big, biased blue and white glasses on. :):):)

Stearman seems well on his way, Sheehan, to me, looks a better prospect still and Chambers could eclipse the pair of em cos he really does have something of the arch-predator about him.

Nor is the mention of Lineker ridiculous by way of comparison.

There really are similarities. Smallish, not aerial players at all, fairly quiet in the neutral areas of the pitch but fleet of foot, fast of mind and ruthlessly accurate near goal. Both seem good instinctive players to - picking the right decisions from a situation but Chambers has tricks I've never seen.

He really can be so clever and deceptive as to find a yard or two of space where none seems to exist at all. His goal for the Reserves against Watford so reminded me of one scored by Jimmy Greaves against Leicester at filbert Street.

There really looked nothing on. He had a big, strong. lightning quick coloured lad blocking his way with attitude, two or three other defenders closing in to offer support and yet he managed to jink his way into just enough space to curl a shot into the right hand corner.

He didn't get a lot of touches in the game but he made one suberb run towards the right corner post and in two touches, gathered the ball, looked up, saw Levi Porter, rolled a pinpoint pass instantly into position and Porter finished with a cracking match-winning curler into the left corner.

Two half chances, two goals as a result. That's Chambers effect. Things happen when he's around. There's always a little bit of buzz when he gets the ball.

How many players have that effect nowadays?

People often get optimistic about emerging new talent - and there's been a few names who've come through Leicester's ranks recently who haven't really scaled any heights once they've moved on.

But there's a few saplings turning into footballing oaks right now unless I've got an invisble pair of Lush's big, biased blue and white glasses on. :):):)

Stearman seems well on his way, Sheehan, to me, looks a better prospect still and Chambers could eclipse the pair of em cos he really does have something of the arch-predator about him.

Nor is the mention of Lineker ridiculous by way of comparison.

There really are similarities. Smallish, not aerial players at all, fairly quiet in the neutral areas of the pitch but fleet of foot, fast of mind and ruthlessly accurate near goal. Both seem good instinctive players to - picking the right decisions from a situation but Chambers has tricks I've never seen.

He really can be so clever and deceptive as to find a yard or two of space where none seems to exist at all. His goal for the Reserves against Watford so reminded me of one scored by Jimmy Greaves against Leicester at filbert Street.

There really looked nothing on. He had a big, strong. lightning quick coloured lad blocking his way with attitude, two or three other defenders closing in to offer support and yet he managed to jink his way into just enough space to curl a shot into the right hand corner.

He didn't get a lot of touches in the game but he made one suberb run towards the right corner post and in two touches, gathered the ball, looked up, saw Levi Porter, rolled a pinpoint pass instantly into position and Porter finished with a cracking match-winning curler into the left corner.

Two half chances, two goals as a result. That's Chambers effect. Things happen when he's around. There's always a little bit of buzz when he gets the ball.

How many players have that effect nowadays?

Twenty four?

I know everyone has their own opinions but Richard Stearman is head and shoulders above Alan Sheehan in my opinion. Sheehan looks a prospect but his talent is very raw at the minute and I think in a year or so he'll be a class player. Stearman though is already a quality player and his potential scares me, he could almost play anywhere across the park and he'd have an impact on the game. His skill for a defender is phenomenal and he rarely makes a mistake.

Wesolowski is another player will immense potential, I personally think he has the talent to be more influential than any youngster at our club. Chambers might be able to but at 15 you can't be putting too much pressure on his shoulders. He definately looks older than his age suggests and that will aid him in his progression, the fact he can score with ease and has pace to burn just adds to the probability that he's going to be a very good footballer.

The future is looking good.

Congratulations, Chambo. :D

You really deserved your chance at first team football. It must be fantastic to be part of the best collection of young talent at this club for many, many years.

The foundation of the team for years to come. It's going to be great to see what they can achieve together.

A mate of mine said that there was a scout from a Prem club at the game last night who went to look at Chambo. No offence to Ashley, I doubt there was but if he keeps on improving then who knows.

Stearman imo is a better prospect than Sheehan (Rich is younger than Alan I think?) and as RF said, these players would've been nowhere near the first team under Adams. I've heard it from numerous people and some academy players family members and they all say that MA didn't seem interested in the academy lads whereas Levein has done.

I know everyone has their own opinions but Richard Stearman is head and shoulders above Alan Sheehan in my opinion. Sheehan looks a prospect but his talent is very raw at the minute and I think in a year or so he'll be a class player. Stearman though is already a quality player and his potential scares me, he could almost play anywhere across the park and he'd have an impact on the game. His skill for a defender is phenomenal and he rarely makes a mistake.

Wesolowski is another player will immense potential, I personally think he has the talent to be more influential than any youngster at our club. Chambers might be able to but at 15 you can't be putting too much pressure on his shoulders. He definately looks older than his age suggests and that will aid him in his progression, the fact he can score with ease and has pace to burn just adds to the probability that he's going to be a very good footballer.

The future is looking good.

It may be true that Sheehan is still rough around the edges (or elsewhere). Still, I really like how calm and collected* he is on the pitch and around the ball. I don't feel that having him in the team is a risk or anything like that, for instance. I am looking forward to him improving further in the future.

*= sorry for "nicking these terms" someone used previously to refer to him

Yesterday was actually the first time I saw Stearman play a full match. I was very impressed. At times, I thought he was just going to try and stop an attacker coming forward/the ball from going out (as most players would), but no, he had his aim set on controlling the ball to then make a great pass forward (usually to Sylla), thus immediately transforming what was nearly a chance for Blackpool into a decent chance for us... almost magically :thumbup:

Also, like you, I have trouble remembering any mistakes by him.

As to Chambers, I must say that he didn't look intimidated at all yesterday and he was really going for it :D

It may be true that Sheehan is still rough around the edges (or elsewhere). Still, I really like how calm and collected* he is on the pitch and around the ball. I don't feel that having him in the team is a risk or anything like that, for instance. I am looking forward to him improving further in the future.

*= sorry for "nicking these terms" someone used previously to refer to him

Yesterday was actually the first time I saw Stearman play a full match. I was very impressed. At times, I thought he was just going to try and stop an attacker coming forward/the ball from going out (as most players would), but no, he had his aim set on controlling the ball to then make a great pass forward (usually to Sylla), thus immediately transforming what was nearly a chance for Blackpool into a decent chance for us... almost magically :thumbup:

Also, like you, I have trouble remembering any mistakes by him.

As to Chambers, I must say that he didn't look intimidated at all yesterday and he was really going for it :D

I suppose if you watch all the youngsters play different matches you form slightly different impressions but whatever, the consensus seems to be united - that we have the best group of young prospects that we have had for years and a manager who seems to value them.

Oh yes and to hell with the sight of Premiership bosses watching Chambers. He can make his classmates really proud by helping his own club into the top echelon.

Looking forward to it and to each and every one of the youngsters we've mentioned achieving all they ever want in football. They're doing us proud and, like Levein, I've every faith in em.

Not only is it good for themselves and the club, it is the ideal incentive for all our other young players,

I suppose if you watch all the youngsters play different matches you form slightly different impressions but whatever, the consensus seems to be united - that we have the best group of young prospects that we have had for years and a manager who seems to value them.

Yes. When I've seen Stearman play with the other academy lads in friendlies and he's been captain he stands out even more. Maybe he enjoys the responsibility and it improves his game? Moving off topic a bit, I was surprised when I saw MDV lead the team out yesterday because he doesn't stand out as a leader but then again none of the others did either. Kisnorbo could lead by example with his effort and tackling but maybe Levein felt he wasn't experienced enough. Anyway, Levein doesn't see the role of captain as being very important. He prefers to have a team full of natural leaders.

Chambo deserved his chance last night, just a shame it wasn't for longer. I was hoping for Extra time actually, so Chambo and Jase could get more minutes. ;)

So was i, but only for the progress of Chambo, Jase is past it and is a has been :P

I think Chambo should speak for himself. :o:P

i have a soccer radio show and tryed to get an interview with james wesolowski, but lcfc has a policy that it dosnt allow young players to have interviews etc, so maybe thats why chambers has not been on here.

i have a soccer radio show and tryed to get an interview with james wesolowski, but lcfc has a policy that it dosnt allow young players to have interviews etc, so maybe thats why chambers has not been on here.

But if you bump into a Leicester City player in the street the club can't stop them talking to a supporter. They don't walk around with body guards preventing them from leaking any private information. I think, if this is the case, it's very sad that a 15 year old would be prevented from using an internet messageboard. Surely the club's officials heard the response from the supporters when Chambo was brought on and part of that was due to people on here knowing a bit about him already imo. For the first time in ages I felt like I had some sort of connection with a Leicester City player. I felt proud for him.

Archived