Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

TWENTY YEARS AGO TODAY

I'd have been 12 and this was my 3rd time at Wembley,,,,my lasting memory other than claridge's shinner was the party atmosphere stuck in traffic on the motorway,,seen people surfing on top of their cars,,passing cans between each other,,,great times,,,, can't wait to take my son to the new Wembley come August

I watch the goal again now and it wasn't like that. The ball travelled at walking pace through the air, hit the net then stayed therefor 2 seconds in silence then dropped slowly to ground and everything caught up in treble time and went mental.

It was the day that time stopped.

I watch the goal again now and it wasn't like that. The ball travelled at walking pace through the air, hit the net then stayed therefor 2 seconds in silence then dropped slowly to ground and everything caught up in treble time and went mental.

It was the day that time stopped.

^^ hes right.

Wow... I thought this would be my greatest ever memory as a city fan... Little did I know :-)

Made it down there in a bent up VW camper van (blue and white naturally)

I ended up three rows back hugging some woman in a bright yellow coat when the Claridge goal went in...

Peroxide hair (not me), fox leisure, no names on the back of the shirt... Doesn't get any better?!!!

Didn't have another "super Steve" left in me on the open top bus parade...

Great post and thanks for rekindling such magic memories :-

Mad the front cover of definitely maybe too... Anyone remeber that???

Archived