Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think they'll drop but only slightly, like 3-5%.

I'm in a bit of a weird situation though really, I live at home rent free and every 4 weeks I save another 1% LTV, so unless prices start going up by 10% a year, I'll always be gaining on the market.

5% is a still a fair wedge though mate.

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

5% is a still a fair wedge though mate.

Oh yeah definitely, just don't think it'll be the 20% that some are expecting.

One I went to look at yesterday was up at the end of May for 164,950, was relisted two days ago at offers over 170k. Everyone's just bumping the prices up, it's mad at the minute.

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Oh yeah definitely, just don't think it'll be the 20% that some are expecting.

One I went to look at yesterday was up at the end of May for 164,950, was relisted two days ago at offers over 170k. Everyone's just bumping the prices up, it's mad at the minute.

That is pretty ridiculous.

1 hour ago, newfox1 said:

What estate agents have done though is added any stamp duty savings onto the house prices hence the recent increases. 

None of the houses we have saved in our favourites list have increased in price since the stamp duty reduction. We've seen a few reductions being alerted to us for our criteria with the portals though.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Mortgage advisors, which lender typically lets you overpay more each year and how much?

Fixed rates tend to be 10% per year. We're a Discounted Base Rate Tracker and it's unlimited overpayments. With your favourite lender :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

None of the houses we have saved in our favourites list have increased in price since the stamp duty reduction. We've seen a few reductions being alerted to us for our criteria with the portals though.

The homes I've put in offers for over the last few weeks have sold within a week max. All at or above asking price. 

7 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think it's actually the estate agents greed, I'm not even sure he/she told the sellers

Honestly, the second you understand that estate agents are the biggest, slimiest, smelliest leaches in the entire world the easier time you'll have. It seems like you're well on your way.

When I put a offer in for mine, they pretty much instantly replied "we've had a higher offer", I asked well how much and they said we can't tell you, blind offers only, final offers by friday. So I got my sister-in-law to pop over (she lives close) and get the owner's number. I rang him up and said I want that house, how much to shake hands, explained what the estate agent was doing, he told me he had no idea they were doing that as he wasn't on any deadline so no need to put a final offer date in. In the end he told me he'd be happy to sell at 5k below asking, visited him later the same day for a final look around and shook his hand. 

Moral of the story is it never hurts to go straight to the owner, worst thing they could say would be sod off. I'd harbour most of the time these estate agents are just warbling their own song. **** em.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, newfox1 said:

The homes I've put in offers for over the last few weeks have sold within a week max. All at or above asking price. 

We've one's saved that have been up for months. A few recently added have sold within a few months. Perhaps we're just looking in unpopular areas. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

Honestly, the second you understand that estate agents are the biggest, slimiest, smelliest leaches in the entire world the easier time you'll have. It seems like you're well on your way.

When I put a offer in for mine, they pretty much instantly replied "we've had a higher offer", I asked well how much and they said we can't tell you, blind offers only, final offers by friday. So I got my sister-in-law to pop over (she lives close) and get the owner's number. I rang him up and said I want that house, how much to shake hands, explained what the estate agent was doing, he told me he had no idea they were doing that as he wasn't on any deadline so no need to put a final offer date in. In the end he told me he'd be happy to sell at 5k below asking, visited him later the same day for a final look around and shook his hand. 

Moral of the story is it never hurts to go straight to the owner, worst thing they could say would be sod off. I'd harbour most of the time these estate agents are just warbling their own song. **** em.

That's exactly what one EA did the other day! That's very bold of you to do that and go directly to the seller. But I think you got lucky. Many owners only want to deal through EAs understandably.  How can I go in blind not knowing what the others have put in? EAs should be regulated like other professions. That's just so wrong on many fronts.

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Yeah tbh I doubt he/she even told the owners about what's happened, I reckon they've just said I've pulled out. They all seem to be corrupt bastards, I've dealt with 2 or 3 now and it seems to be dodgy games and deals.

What's Purplebricks like? Seems like the way forward with the couple of viewings I've done, offers go straight to the owner too don't they?

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah tbh I doubt he/she even told the owners about what's happened, I reckon they've just said I've pulled out. They all seem to be corrupt bastards, I've dealt with 2 or 3 now and it seems to be dodgy games and deals.

What's Purplebricks like? Seems like the way forward with the couple of viewings I've done, offers go straight to the owner too don't they?

My agent has restored my faith a little bit, but yes most of them are bastards. You have to be content with being a bit of a lying **** to make it anywhere in that industry.

Check out Yopa, one of the houses we viewed was using that and it seemed very good. It was nice to be shown around by the owner. 

Edited by z-layrex
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, z-layrex said:

My agent has restored my faith a little bit, but yes most of them are bastards. You have to be content with being a bit of a lying **** to make it anywhere in that industry.

Check out Yopa, one of the houses we viewed was using that and it seemed very good. It was nice to be shown around by the owner. 

Our agents are frustrating me after a week. They listed before we'd approved the particulars, so things were wrong. I asked for the kitchen / dining area to be one measurement, it is but they added it up incorrectly so it's wrong. I keep emailing about it and feel I'm being petty for one measurement but the kitchen is usually a fundamental part of your house. Is that overly petty? And we've had no feedback from last weeks viewings.

Interesting you liked being shown around by the owner, when I've viewed in the past I prefer it not to be the owner. I find myself being overly polite about things then giving the agent a totally different review.

12 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Our agents are frustrating me after a week. They listed before we'd approved the particulars, so things were wrong. I asked for the kitchen / dining area to be one measurement, it is but they added it up incorrectly so it's wrong. I keep emailing about it and feel I'm being petty for one measurement but the kitchen is usually a fundamental part of your house. Is that overly petty? And we've had no feedback from last weeks viewings.

Interesting you liked being shown around by the owner, when I've viewed in the past I prefer it not to be the owner. I find myself being overly polite about things then giving the agent a totally different review.

That's definitely not petty! You pay a lot of money for their services, and them providing an accurate listing is a fundamental part of that. 

• Like 1

Thank you. The floor plan is correct but not everyone will notice. The kitchen is listed as 13' wide insead of 16'10, so it's a reasonable difference.

Probably acentuated that we looked at a potential house yesterday and the same has happened, we think. Listing says the kitchen is 14' x 7', which we'd dismiss the house for. However, it's certainly 14' deep but the conservatory accross the back of the kitchen is shown as 12' and only covers half the width of the kitchen.

Edited by FoyleFox

45 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

Thank you. The floor plan is correct but not everyone will notice. The kitchen is listed as 13' wide insead of 16'10, so it's a reasonable difference.

Probably acentuated that we looked at a potential house yesterday and the same has happened, we think. Listing says the kitchen is 14' x 7', which we'd dismiss the house for. However, it's certainly 14' deep but the conservatory accross the back of the kitchen is shown as 12' and only covers half the width of the kitchen.

Yeah that's a really big difference. Get them on it! If it makes you feel any better though whenever I have looked at houses I have primarily focused on the pictures and the floor plan.

We've a 360o tour which is probably the most effective method for people to appreciate the space along with the floor plan.

I wish more English agents did them, it really helps you appreciate the layout and determine suitability of property.

11 hours ago, z-layrex said:

As a seller, I wouldn't ever recommend Yopa after my recent experience. You pay up front your fee so they have no motivation to sell your house. The agent we had wasn't great and was impossible to get hold of. In the end we took the hit and instructed a local estate agent whose service has been so much better and actually sold the house within a week. While Yopa claim to be local they are not, some agents cover around a 50mile radius. 

1 minute ago, jammo_lcfc said:

As a seller, I wouldn't ever recommend Yopa after my recent experience. You pay up front your fee so they have no motivation to sell your house. The agent we had wasn't great and was impossible to get hold of. In the end we took the hit and instructed a local estate agent whose service has been so much better and actually sold the house within a week. While Yopa claim to be local they are not, some agents cover around a 50mile radius. 

Ah ok, I literally just viewed a house and found the website quite good for communicating with the vendor. Avoid then!