Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bluefoxtim

Houses

I did too, got 24 days annual leave to uselol Luckily I'm a keyworker so can carry them over to 2021 and 2022. The way it's going I'll be having about 6 holidays next year with all the spare AL.

I think the house has been the main thing to focus on for me, that's getting me through the days and weeks, rather than having a holiday to look forward to, I've got that.

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes 😊 

Ah…. Rumbled

I worked for them for a bit too….  Went to the Stockport office a few times…. I was mainly based down in Staines although I did work in various Leicester offices…

Came out of the hotel you generally got put up in when visiting Stockport (Bredbury Hall) only too see the AC Milan team walk out the day after winning the European cup!

Nice place and nice people…

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I need something in the horizon or I just lose all get up and go, I’ve not struggled recently because lockdown focussed my head but I’m beginning to feel a drop in motivation now.

You have to come back though…. To 18 degree rainy Leicester 😞 

I feel exactly the same as you…. Holidays are sooooo important 

just had a lovely trip to France back to the UK with a bang last night…. Turns out of I’ve got yet another new boss!

This was my pad with my family and my cousins and their kids…. Was a slice of heaven literally backing onto sand dunes…. I feel utterly depressed now!

F9BA6072-1291-48F5-9998-8DD2FA0E9407.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

You have to come back though…. To 18 degree rainy Leicester 😞 

I feel exactly the same as you…. Holidays are sooooo important 

just had a lovely trip to France back to the UK with a bang last night…. Turns out of I’ve got yet another new boss!

This was my pad with my family and my cousins and their kids…. Was a slice of heaven literally backing onto sand dunes…. I feel utterly depressed now!

F9BA6072-1291-48F5-9998-8DD2FA0E9407.jpeg

😍

37 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

All over mate. I got massively obsessed with the program Race Across The World so something like that would be the dream. First series they had to travel, without flying, from London to Singapore and the second series they had to do one end of South America to the other. Both would be incredible. You?

Love that show! I am worried about how I would come across if I was on it though :giggle:

Edited by rachhere

4 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Oh people would hate me 100% but at least I wouldn’t be Jen.

Haha see though this is who I am worried I might come across like! 

when you have a husband who does stuff like leave his suitcase on the train on the way to holiday, and leave his passport on a bench in the airport, it’s hard not to get snappy at times..!

Edited by rachhere
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Strokes said:

Canada is the end game for me. I’ve got kids so travelling is off the table at the moment but I’ve always been obsessed with Canada.

I just like the idea of very few people for as far as you can think and me and a dog on an exploration. I’d probably have to break up with the wife to do it, as she is a miserable fukker when she is cold.

Have you been before?

My sister lived in Vancouver for a couple of years and when I went over I loved it - fantastic city. I haven't exactly done loads of travelling but spent a few days In and around Banff in the rockies and that was phenomenal - I can pretty much pin point the most beautiful view on the planet I have ever had!

We went to Nova Scotia last October, very beautiful and very welcoming. Certainly a lot of remote areas which you'd love then Strokes and it wasn't that cold. Although we were the last tours as they were closing for the winter, literally everything was due to close after we left! 

5 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Have you been before?

My sister lived in Vancouver for a couple of years and when I went over I loved it - fantastic city. I haven't exactly done loads of travelling but spent a few days In and around Banff in the rockies and that was phenomenal - I can pretty much pin point the most beautiful view on the planet I have ever had!

Also a bit obsessed with the idea of moving to BC. Went Skiing in Whistler and loved the place.

3 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

We went to Nova Scotia last October, very beautiful and very welcoming. Certainly a lot of remote areas which you'd love then Strokes and it wasn't that cold. Although we were the last tours as they were closing for the winter, literally everything was due to close after we left! 

Maritime winters are not fun over here. Snow as high as your roof sometimes lol

As for cold we get from +35 or so in the summers (like today, and what seems like the last month) to -20 or so on the winter. At least here in the greater toronto region.  Its too effing hot and too bloody cold.

Beautiful country though and happy to call it home. It's safer (or seems so thanks to our canadian hospitality. Sorry eh!) And not full of arrogant/annoying brit or yank types lol

From west to east theres something for everyone. 

4 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

As for cold we get from +35 or so in the summers (like today, and what seems like the last month) to -20 or so on the winter. At least here in the greater toronto region.  Its too effing hot and too bloody cold.

Beautiful country though and happy to call it home. It's safer (or seems so thanks to our canadian hospitality. Sorry eh!) And not full of arrogant/annoying brit or yank types lol

Sounds the dream to be fair mate. Would love to go skiing at the weekends in the winter and beach in the summer (if living by the coast) rather than the wet blandness all year.

So I've just started a podcast, I'm trying to encourage all 20-30 year olds to discuss things they struggle to talk about etc. I am interviewing a guy who started his own estate agents tonight, and wondered when you were younger/ thinking of buying. What did you struggle with?

Or what would you like to know? 

Thanks

12 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Have you been before?

It is beautiful in BC and surrounds.  I did it on my own and it was great, but would be nice to take the family. 

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I have an uncle in, Newfoundland, cousins in Calgary, Edmonton and White Rock.  The first being rather a different world to the others!  My best mate's sister is married to a Canadian from near Ottowa so on road trip we also got to enjoy the joy of spending a few days at their cottage on Dickey lake.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I bottled it and offered the full asking price, as long as the vendor leaves the white goods in there, offer was accepted this morning, I'm so excited and nervous at the same time:sweating:

"Leicester_Loyal" couldn't be more appropriate of a name right now for bottling it lol.

Do what works for you and be happy! Congrats!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Sounds the dream to be fair mate. Would love to go skiing at the weekends in the winter and beach in the summer (if living by the coast) rather than the wet blandness all year.

Has its perks no doubt but the winters have gotten to me, wish they were shorter.

36 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Has its perks no doubt but the winters have gotten to me, wish they were shorter.

-20 is a bit much to be fair, I’ve been in about -30 in Swedish Lapland and you really can’t do much in that weather.

I just love the of living over in BC, I’ve worked out roughly where I would live (Squamish, half way between Vancouver and Whistler) and could get in on their immigration scheme but in order for it to be realistic at the minute we would have to take a huge pay cut which I wouldn’t do.

7 hours ago, Ollie93 said:

So I've just started a podcast, I'm trying to encourage all 20-30 year olds to discuss things they struggle to talk about etc. I am interviewing a guy who started his own estate agents tonight, and wondered when you were younger/ thinking of buying. What did you struggle with?

Or what would you like to know? 

Thanks

That'll be quite a while ago for some of these old buggers ;)