Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bluefox_69

1970s - Enderby Town vs LCFC Help

Hi ... I'm the grandson of Horace Jacques, who built the club up from 'park' football to being the best non-league football team & ground in Leicestershire. I'm now considering writing a book on the history of the club, right up until its demise in 1996 (as Leicester United). But I need you help...do you have any old programmes/pictures/memorabilia of ETFC? Or do you know any ex-players who would be prepared to share their memories with me?

If so PLEASE get in touch !!

Many thanks. 

img041.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 16/08/2016 at 14:18, bluefox_69 said:

Does anyone on here have details of a match between Enderby Town and lcfc at George st in the early 70s.

I've got a feeling it was a Graeme Cross testimonial game.

This is the only ground I've seen city play on and don't  have a record of.

Many thanks 

I'm researching the History of Enderby Town, in the hope of writing a book...(my grandad was Horace Jacques aka Mr Enderby Town)...and I now have details of this match in which Graham Cross Played. 

12 minutes ago, stevejpos said:

I'm researching the History of Enderby Town, in the hope of writing a book...(my grandad was Horace Jacques aka Mr Enderby Town)...and I now have details of this match in which Graham Cross Played. 

Before my time, but I'm sure you'd like to cover that Keith Weller played for 3 or 4 games in the early 80s. Can't add much, other than I have a distant childhood memory that he destroyed Cambridge City (a well repsected southern league big boy) on his own. Something like a 7-0 away win. He was keeping fit out of season for a US major league contract.

To put into context, that'd be like Riyad Mahrez in around 3 seasons time turning out for Nuneaton whilst waiting to play for LA Galaxy

On 10/01/2019 at 21:46, Paninistickers said:

Before my time, but I'm sure you'd like to cover that Keith Weller played for 3 or 4 games in the early 80s. Can't add much, other than I have a distant childhood memory that he destroyed Cambridge City (a well repsected southern league big boy) on his own. Something like a 7-0 away win. He was keeping fit out of season for a US major league contract.

To put into context, that'd be like Riyad Mahrez in around 3 seasons time turning out for Nuneaton whilst waiting to play for LA Galaxy

Yes I have details of Keith's playing days...he played 10 games, 9 competitive, and 1 friendly against Leicester City, in the 1979-80 season. He scored three goals...2 were in that 7-0 away win at Cambridge (I have the programme!). He was over in the UK to nurse his poorly son, who died sadly. Keith then returned back to the US.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Great  thread guys,I was a Braunstone lad ;and played senior league Enderby town was the target for us a a few mates went there.Names I can remember are Rob Hemmings (right wing) and Brian Richmond(midfield).Pretty sure Martin and Graham Capewell were there as well .

I think the decline was due partly to the value of the land for building as at Blaby and Wigston Fields amongst others..Happy days

On 09/09/2018 at 22:04, Paninistickers said:

Oh yes, forgot about him. Mark Hallam it was. He went in to be a very decent conference striker for Tamworth. After him.was Keith Scott...who moved on to Stoke at league 1 then championship with them.

It was helluva conveyor belt of local football talent for the decade or so before they folded.

Scotty had a very succesful career at Wycombe Wanderers under Martin O'Neil and then Swindon in the Premier League. 

I believe he was one of the first players to have achieved the accolade of appearing in all 4 divisions of the football league. I worked with him for a couple of years back in the last decade. Decent chap.

• 1 month later...
On 30/05/2019 at 14:27, Glenn McNulty said:

Ian Marsden was the 1st team goalie when I joined the club as Coach. He then became my Assistant when I was given the Managers position by then owner John Potter. We had 3 seasons there before moving on to Corby Town. Sad end. Glenn McNulty.

Glenn.... would you be happy to meet up to discuss your time at Leicester United? I am writing a book on the full history of the club.  Thanks