Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Costock_Fox

Bike Park At The KP

14 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

There's one at the Town Hall, but would be quite a walk.

Train station normally has some spaces as well.

Also noticed some on Wellington Street, by Adult Learning Centre.

Yeah I can't be arsed walking from town or the station to be fair. So was hoping for something close to the ground so I can get on the canal pretty sharpish.

16 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

So, I'm sick of sitting in traffic for an hour when I could be at home in the same time on my push bike.

Does anyone know of a bike park near the stadium? Surely the club/council would want to reduce traffic.

There's a cycle park at the ground (East), mate has used it several times although not his best idea after the Everton game riding home along the canal

1 minute ago, TheReaper87 said:

There's a cycle park at the ground (East), mate has used it several times although not his best idea after the Everton game riding home along the canal

lol did he fall in?

Cheers for that, thought their must be one at the ground.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

lol did he fall in?

Cheers for that, thought their must be one at the ground.

Haha, never fell in but fell off twice and arrived back in Thurmaston about an hour after us even though we walked to town and bus from there

Apparently there's about 20 spaces, enter via Car Park B and show them your ST (or whatever ticket you have)

1 minute ago, TheReaper87 said:

Haha, never fell in but fell off twice and arrived back in Thurmaston about an hour after us even though we walked to town and bus from there

Apparently there's about 20 spaces, enter via Car Park B and show them your ST (or whatever ticket you have)

Haha to be fair I probably wouldn't have made it home at all of I had cycled from the Everton match.

Thanks for that, sounds like I will have to get down there nice and early.

There's one in the car park at the back of the East Stand with lockers for helmets etc.

Not sure if it's first come first served or you have to get a locker key from the club.

I considered it at the beginning of last season, emailed the club but didn't get a reply ( or it went into the junk/spam folder)

1 hour ago, Livid said:

There's one in the car park at the back of the East Stand with lockers for helmets etc.

Not sure if it's first come first served or you have to get a locker key from the club.

I considered it at the beginning of last season, emailed the club but didn't get a reply ( or it went into the junk/spam folder)

email the LCFC Help <[email protected]> or if on twitter use the help account as well, it's normally Jim manning it so you get a swift reply.

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

So, I'm sick of sitting in traffic for an hour when I could be at home in the same time on my push bike. Does anyone know of a bike park near the stadium? Surely the club/council would want to reduce traffic.

9 hours ago, TheReaper87 said:

20 spaces only! Blimey. No wonder not many people cycle. Great thread Costock_Fox.

We often walk to the ground from town but if they provided more cycle parking we'd definitely do that.

Certainly might address some of the traffic problems on match days if more people felt able to cycle...

There's more than 20 spaces! There is a cycle rack hub in the car park, it gets pretty busy on matchdays but I've cycled to quite a few matches and locked my bike there. It's great but you need to remember to bring your own D lock (and a separate padlock if you want to lock your belongings/cycling gear in the lockers) and after the match, it's pretty congested so you have to be careful when taking your bike around the ground. 

I'd definitely recommend using the car park cycling hub.

32 minutes ago, Anish said:

There's more than 20 spaces! There is a cycle rack hub in the car park, it gets pretty busy on matchdays but I've cycled to quite a few matches and locked my bike there. It's great but you need to remember to bring your own D lock (and a separate padlock if you want to lock your belongings/cycling gear in the lockers) and after the match, it's pretty congested so you have to be careful when taking your bike around the ground. 

I'd definitely recommend using the car park cycling hub.

Cool cheers. Guessed I would need a lock and something else to secure my helmet.

Yeah recon I would need to wait for 30 mins after the match before setting off or could just get a spike fitted to the front then the bastards will

move ha.

After what I said earlier, I got stung. All the bike racks were full by the time I got to the ground on Saturday. I ended up parking up by the steel fences at the back of the car park and my D lock fell through the fence and into the factory on the other side! :mellow:

Archived