Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
michigan_fox

Question from first-time visitor to the KP

Hi all

Will be attending the Man City match on Saturday; it's my first LCFC match in person so I'm very excited. I'm wondering: is it allowed to bring a small rucksack or similar into the stadium? So that I can bring an extra jacket in case of rain, a camera, etc.

I'm in the UK on business from the States, and in the US, stadiums are becoming increasingly strict about bring anything whatsoever in. So I thought I'd ask in advance.

Thanks very much

4 hours ago, michigan_fox said:

Hi all

Will be attending the Man City match on Saturday; it's my first LCFC match in person so I'm very excited. I'm wondering: is it allowed to bring a small rucksack or similar into the stadium? So that I can bring an extra jacket in case of rain, a camera, etc.

I'm in the UK on business from the States, and in the US, stadiums are becoming increasingly strict about bring anything whatsoever in. So I thought I'd ask in advance.

Thanks very much

You should be fine, but there is a reasonable chance of the stewards conducting a search of it. This is usually done in a friendly way. Just have the rucksack ready (off your back) for inspection as you approach the entrance.

Should be fine with the camera unless it is a high end "professional" camera with zoom lenses etc!

Enjoy your visit!

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

You should be fine, but there is a reasonable chance of the stewards conducting a search of it. This is usually done in a friendly way. Just have the rucksack ready (off your back) for inspection as you approach the entrance.

Should be fine with the camera unless it is a high end "professional" camera with zoom lenses etc!

Enjoy your visit!

This is an accurate response, in my experience.

So long as you don't have obviously dodgy stuff like knives or fireworks in your bag, you should be fine (my wife once had a pair of scissors confiscated from her handbag at Fulham!)

The only other oddity is plastic bottles - they might demand that you take the top off in case the bottle is used as a missile.

There's also a fair chance that you won't get searched at all, depending on how busy the queue is, how lazy the steward is and how dodgy you look!

13 hours ago, michigan_fox said:

Hi all

Thanks very much

You poor thing. Who have you upset to deserve this?

42 minutes ago, adejo92 said:

You poor thing. Who have you upset to deserve this?

Before securing a ticket, I was planning to stay in London and go to the Brentford match instead. I've often enjoyed Championship matches in London given that it's quite easy to get tickets on short notice, etc. But even on our current form, I'm hoping the football on offer at the KP will be of a higher standard...

2 minutes ago, michigan_fox said:

Before securing a ticket, I was planning to stay in London and go to the Brentford match instead. I've often enjoyed Championship matches in London given that it's quite easy to get tickets on short notice, etc. But even on our current form, I'm hoping the football on offer at the KP will be of a higher standard...

You may be suprised my friend. Anywhoo, you'll have a wicked time!

Archived