Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

November 5th

Oh my god, The Walkers has got to wait a whole month until Ryan Smith graces his presence on the hallowed turf.

I'd be extremely disgusted if there wasn't 32,000 fans there to see it though. Just like all those Napoleans going wild when Maradona arrived.

Remember, Remember the 5th of November. Ryan Smith will unleash hell.

Personally I think he's crap!!! :D

Absolutely love him, he's a proper footballer.

If he is that good then perhaps we want him to play bad so Wenger might think "I'll just offload him to the 1st club who makes a resonable offer" Then we get out bidded by Sheff Utd in the last minute. Thats football

If he is that good then perhaps we want him to play bad so Wenger might think "I'll just offload him to the 1st club who makes a resonable offer" Then we get out bidded by Sheff Utd in the last minute. Thats football

Naaah i'd rather have him for 3 months and watch him rip every team apart that we come up against than him have a shifty time and we manage to sign him and he eventually comes good. He's got the minerals to kick start our season and perhaps knock a few monkey's off our backs that we've struggled to do so.

Collymore, you like a good footballer. Get a ticket for November 5th, you won't be disappointed. Old cod face will be history after Smudger takes them apart.

Naaah i'd rather have him for 3 months and watch him rip every team apart that we come up against than him have a shifty time and we manage to sign him and he eventually comes good. He's got the minerals to kick start our season and perhaps knock a few monkey's off our backs that we've struggled to do so.

Collymore, you like a good footballer. Get a ticket for November 5th, you won't be disappointed. Old cod face will be history after Smudger takes them apart.

Got a Fireworks display penciled in at Ashby road I’m afraid Ric! Only kidding, From the way your describing the guy we might have a fireworks displays from Smudger himself. Its sounds like it could be a performance to match Collys hatrick against the Mackams and Dudfields brace and two assists against Westham reserves to win the game 4-2 when we were 2-0 down at half time. Lets hope!

Oh my god, The Walkers has got to wait a whole month until Ryan Smith graces his presence on the hallowed turf.

I'd be extremely disgusted if there wasn't 32,000 fans there to see it though. Just like all those Napoleans going wild when Maradona arrived.

Remember, Remember the 5th of November. Ryan Smith will unleash hell.

:o

Sod's Law says he'll have a shocker now!

:o

Sod's Law says he'll have a shocker now!

Not sure he knows what playing badly means. He's seems like 24 carat pure gold and November 5 sounds an appropriate night for his type of entertainment - cos defenders will find it is just like trying to mark a jumping jack. I've seen yer Frank Worthington's, your Derek Dougan's yer Stan Collymore's, yer Gary Lineker's - msters every one - but I never expected to see anyone in a City shirt as good as Davie Gibson. Remember the day and hope it happens.... November 5!!! The day the Walkers darkness disappeared, the sunbeams broke through and we were all bathed in a fantasic light which illuminated our pathway to the future... a future based on excitement and a breathtaking commitment to attack led by The Goal-Smith!!

Not sure he knows what playing badly means. He's seems like 24 carat pure gold and November 5 sounds an appropriate night for his type of entertainment - cos defenders will find it is just like trying to mark a jumping jack. I've seen yer Frank Worthington's, your Derek Dougan's yer Stan Collymore's, yer Gary Lineker's - msters every one - but I never expected to see anyone in a City shirt as good as Davie Gibson. Remember the day and hope it happens.... November 5!!! The day the Walkers darkness disappeared, the sunbeams broke through and we were all bathed in a fantasic light which illuminated our pathway to the future... a future based on excitement and a breathtaking commitment to attack led by The Goal-Smith!!

He's got more front than Blackpool. His confidence shone through in a game where both teams were scared of making a mistake and under pressure. Smudger wasn't arsed with that prospect and served up a rare treat, which will soon turn in to a regular helping.

He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo, he always wants the ball and will always try and beat his man once he senses blood. He also made some quick, decisive passes that unlocked the Derby defence.

It's a shame he's got a 3 game ban as we need a couple of wins straight the way and the thought of having to wait a month to watch him again frustrates me. Don't reserve games count towards the suspension?

He's got more front than Blackpool. His confidence shone through in a game where both teams were scared of making a mistake and under pressure. Smudger wasn't arsed with that prospect and served up a rare treat, which will soon turn in to a regular helping.

He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo, he always wants the ball and will always try and beat his man once he senses blood. He also made some quick, decisive passes that unlocked the Derby defence.

It's a shame he's got a 3 game ban as we need a couple of wins straight the way and the thought of having to wait a month to watch him again frustrates me. Don't reserve games count towards the suspension?

Quick, City, arrange two more Reserve games around the Coventry game at Rugby and give him a minute in each wrapped up like Mr Blobby :):):)

He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo, he always wants the ball and will always try and beat his man once he senses blood.

So does this smilie.... :cry:

Quick, City, arrange two more Reserve games around the Coventry game at Rugby and give him a minute in each wrapped up like Mr Blobby :):):)

If you get sent off in a reserve game, surely you should serve the ban in the reserves. It shouldn't effect the first team. Even so, if there's a couple of reserve games coming up they should be part of the ban atleast. I want him back for the Cov game, Adams wouldn't know what's hit him.

You've certainly hyped this player up, it'll be interesting to see what he has to offer. If he's half the player you've made him out to be, then I for one cannot wait for 05/11.

Listen to your Uncle Jason young Jedi, He's as cool as a swim in a Czech paddling pool - I think you know what I mean.

:devil::o:devil:

He can't be that good surely?! Wenger likes to play the youngsters and if he's that good, he would be getting close to the Arsenal team. I can't wait to see him though!

This was said by Wenger only a few weeks ago. Nuff said.

Wenger: 'Smith will be a big success'

Ryan Smith

By Mohsin Khan

Slaloming his way through the Highbury ranks is a young Islington-born left-winger who is causing quite a stir with his performances for the Arsenal second-string — 18-year-old Ryan Smith.

If you take former Gunner Marc Overmars’ pace, add the grace and composure of Thierry Henry, throw in the vision and close control of Dennis Bergkamp and mix in the nimble turning ability, dribbling and crossing of another ex-Gunner, Sylvinho - before letting it simmer and garnishing with a level head, what do we have?

The recipe to a potentially potent addition to Arsène Wenger’s arsenal. And it’s a point not lost on the Arsenal boss:

“He [smith] has so many ingredients that you love to have when you’re a young player and I am confident he will be a big success,” Wenger told Arsenal.com.

“He’s creative, he’s quick, he can score goals, he’s left-footed as well, and he’s a great crosser of the ball.”

Smith, who joined Arsenal as a scholar in 2003, suffered a major setback at the start of the 2004/05 season, sustaining a career-threatening cruciate ligament injury. But he battled back to appear in the Carling Cup last term.

“He had a bad injury, Ryan, at a young age, but he’s now back to full fitness and he can be a very good support [player] for us,” said Wenger.

Smith himself spoke to Arsenal.com recently about his ambitions for this year’s campaign. “My main focus is to really, really push myself next season and try my best,” he said.

Another young Gunner, defender Ryan Garry - who himself overcame a long-term injury - thinks his more attack-minded namesake is destined for great things.

“He’s a terrific player,” said Garry. “Technically he is very good, he’s got a lot of pace and he’s very positive in the way he plays.

“Sometimes I’m fortunate enough to be playing behind him and obviously I can see him doing his stuff, and you know it’s wonderful to watch when he’s in full flow.".

For the younger players at Highbury, making the step up to a regular first-team berth is easier said than done - not least because of the world-class calibre of the players ahead of them. But Wenger had some encouraging words for his fledglings.

“We must focus on the young players we have and give them a chance,” he said.

If Smith gets his chance, and Wenger gets Ryan firing, Arsenal may have another real star in the making.

ric i believe you putting far too much pressure on the lad and i hope he doesnt read this, yes he looked quality but it was for around 30 mins against a tiring defence, i believe he could be outstanding for us but we must not pin all our hopes on a player who may only be here for 3 months, as wenger hasd to agree to the extension of the loan

ric i believe you putting far too much pressure on the lad and i hope he doesnt read this, yes he looked quality but it was for around 30 mins against a tiring defence, i believe he could be outstanding for us but we must not pin all our hopes on a player who may only be here for 3 months, as wenger hasd to agree to the extension of the loan

If he can't take the pressure of one fan then he isn't the player I thought he was/is. I'm only having a laugh anyway, i've seen plenty of players look good after one game and never materialise. But I think it's safe to say Smudger is the real deal and his performance has lifted my hopes and even if it is a false dawn it's just nice to feel optimistic for a while.

I'm fed up with being all pessimistic even if i'm not living in the real world. I'd rather think Smudger is the business and that he's about to start a revolution than to think he's a piss in the ocean and won't be able to help our situation at all.

If Wenger dares say he's a cross between Overmars, Henry, Bergkamp and Sylvinho I think me talking him up is small fry compared to that. He thrives on it.

you maybe the only one saying it, but i doubt your the only 1 thinking it, as i said i think he will shine for us but if he plays that well wenger may feel he needs him come january

I'd rather him play really well and help us to get a run going, than play ok in patches but have him for the season.

Levein surely wouldn't claim there's a possibility in signing him permanently if there wasn't would he? Plus I think you have to be UNBELIEVABLE to get in to Wenger's first team.

Arturo Lupoli scored 27 goals in 32 games for them in the reserves last season and has scored back to back hat-tricks in the reserve team for them this season and still isn't getting a sniff in the first team.

I reckon we could sneak Smudger out the back door and keep him without Wenger realising he's gone. But having said that Wenger does seem to rate the lad, let's hope it's a smokescreen and he can't resist a £1 million bid from Levein in January.

Archived