Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beliall

Vape kit advice

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

So I could use a little, help. I'm thinking of building my own coils, I have an RDA deck buut wondering if this kit looks good value for money. feel it will be cheaper than buying coils in the future

https://www.ukecigstore.com/vaping-outlaws-tool-kit-20478.html

_dsc3977.jpg

Cheers :thumbup:

That kit looks like it has everything you need. And includes an ohm reader, which whilst isn't vital, because you can just set up your deck whilst it is on your mod, it's just easier to use an ohm reader. 

You could get this tfv8 rba to go into your current tank and build on that?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282533600143 

i used to buy coils from china, they take around 3 weeks to get here but it cost like £7 for 48 coils, and they were good quality coils too. 

Or you can buy a 20m roll of wire from wire & stuff for around £4 and make your own. 

Using a site called steam-engine will really help you when making your own coils as it works everything out for you. 

Youtube is definitely your friend. 

You will I'll need some cotton too. I use either muji cotton or cotton bacon, but I'm sure there are others out there just as good. 

Edited by stix
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, sk3since03 said:

I have a Uwell crown and a Cleito 

Could be the juice i'm using though the bloke at the shop did mention it destroys coils

try this site mate, awesome sauce i have never gone back after trying. I started with totally wicked juice and tried it since it tastes like shit and you cant get the taste out. I'm certain the herbal tides juice contributes to me coil life expectancy

http://www.herbaltides.co

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

just got a Smok Mag kit to replace my ageing evic primo back up. thing is absolutley gorgeous looking and feels great in the hand, haven't vaped on it yet as its charging but im very glad i got iy

SMOK Mag Kit - Vape UK

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 05/04/2018 at 13:37, Beliall said:

just got a Smok Mag kit to replace my ageing evic primo back up. thing is absolutley gorgeous looking and feels great in the hand, haven't vaped on it yet as its charging but im very glad i got iy

SMOK Mag Kit - Vape UK

How you getting on with this?

1 hour ago, stix said:

How you getting on with this?

its really great, i wont be replacing the coils on the tank, although the tank iis as good as you could expect, i prefer RDA's. but the mod itself is solid, but the battery release button has loosened slightly, and there has been one instance of the mag coming out in my coat pocket, that may have something to do with me smashing it down on the table when i lost a game of fiifa

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

its really great, i wont be replacing the coils on the tank, although the tank iis as good as you could expect, i prefer RDA's. but the mod itself is solid, but the battery release button has loosened slightly, and there has been one instance of the mag coming out in my coat pocket, that may have something to do with me smashing it down on the table when i lost a game of fiifa

Good stuff the mod looks the bollocks mate. Did it come with pre made coils? The pre made coils I’ve had with the smok tanks I’ve got have been great. Real big clouds and loads of flavour. Smok make real quality products, probably one of the best on the market imo. 

Edited by stix

18 minutes ago, stix said:

Good stuff the mod looks the bollocks mate. Did it come with pre made coils? The pre made coils I’ve had with the smok tanks I’ve got have been great. Real big clouds and loads of flavour. Smok make real quality products, probably one of the best on the market imo. 

yeah the tank and coils are great, but why pay £15 for a new set, when i can buy a new RDA for £20 and make my own. its comes with  coils btw

1 hour ago, Beliall said:

yeah the tank and coils are great, but why pay £15 for a new set, when i can buy a new RDA for £20 and make my own. its comes with  coils btw

Mate if you can be arsed to constantly re-drip an RDA then the flavour benefits are enough to justify it alone. Me personally, the Smok RBA decks are great because I can put my own coils in, they’re big enough to get decent size coils in so you can vape at a good warm wattage and get good flavour from them, and the tank sizes are good too. Do you vape in Wattage mode or TC mostly? 

12 minutes ago, stix said:

Mate if you can be arsed to constantly re-drip an RDA then the flavour benefits are enough to justify it alone. Me personally, the Smok RBA decks are great because I can put my own coils in, they’re big enough to get decent size coils in so you can vape at a good warm wattage and get good flavour from them, and the tank sizes are good too. Do you vape in Wattage mode or TC mostly? 

i use watts, and a decent wick will give you 15-20 puffs between drips so its no hassle at all, the trouble is making coils and wicks can be  ballache

9 hours ago, Beliall said:

i use watts, and a decent wick will give you 15-20 puffs between drips so its no hassle at all, the trouble is making coils and wicks can be  ballache

Which dripper tanks do you have? 

I have made myself a coilmaster clone out of aluminium so making coils is a doddle. I’ll just sit whilst watching a film/tv and wrap 50-60 coils at a time. 

Edited by stix

3 minutes ago, stix said:

Which dripper tanks do you have? 

I have made myself a coilmaster clone out of aluminium so making coils is a doddle. I’ll just sit whilst watching a film/tv and wrap 50-60 coils at a time. 

i have a coil jig too, and RDA's dont have tanks. i have a troll V RDA, going to get another for the Smok Mag, but dont know what yet

Vaping should be used short term to quit smoking. Its safety or otherwise is unproven. You'd have to be nuts to treat it as a hobby. Personally think it needs regulating as the number of vaping shops setting up makes it appear to be a lifestyle choice despite the aforementioned lack of evidence regarding its effects on the human body.

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Vaping should be used short term to quit smoking. Its safety or otherwise is unproven. You'd have to be nuts to treat it as a hobby. Personally think it needs regulating as the number of vaping shops setting up makes it appear to be a lifestyle choice despite the aforementioned lack of evidence regarding its effects on the human body.

Compared to the number of shops that sell tobacco products, vape shops don’t come close. The products used to vape I.e the liquid IS regulated now. The TPD regs were enforced May 2017. Of course, if you like, you can still buy some cheaper e juice off ‘Dave in the pub’ if you like, but only in the same way you can buy some knock off fags off ‘John at work’

I’m pretty sure the safety aspect of vaping has been discussed either earlier in this thread or another one somewhere on the forum. 

25 minutes ago, toddybad said:

I was driving through Loughborough the other day and I saw a lad, maybe 13 or 14 vaping. If you're going to be a rebellious youth you smoke. Perhaps this kid missed out the smoking but and went straight to vaping? Why?

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I was driving through Loughborough the other day and I saw a lad, maybe 13 or 14 vaping. If you're going to be a rebellious youth you smoke. Perhaps this kid missed out the smoking but and went straight to vaping? Why?

because of twats on the you tube making vape trick videos.. my 17 year old son asked me to buy a vape on behalf of his mate, who wanted it to "look cool". i told him no, obviously

Edited by Beliall
  • Like 1

On 01/04/2017 at 01:35, Buce said:

Not at all.

The vaper heats to a temperature that releases the thc without incinerating the herb, so no smoke, no coughing.

but but... its the cough that gets you off!  lol

I must look at this

1 hour ago, toddybad said:

It's proven to be a lot safer than smoking and probably a lot safer than drinking. Surprised you'd want to crack down on it  on principle tbh. Does everything people do that might present a small risk to the user need regulating? 

4 minutes ago, Rogstanley said:

It's proven to be a lot safer than smoking and probably a lot safer than drinking. Surprised you'd want to crack down on it  on principle tbh. Does everything people do that might present a small risk to the user need regulating? 

Nobody knows how small the risk is, there's been a lack of testing is my understanding.  What needs regulating is the compounds being used being tested and passed as safe. Users have a right to know new mixes introduced aren't gong to be harmful. 

1 hour ago, stix said:

Compared to the number of shops that sell tobacco products, vape shops don’t come close. The products used to vape I.e the liquid IS regulated now. The TPD regs were enforced May 2017. Of course, if you like, you can still buy some cheaper e juice off ‘Dave in the pub’ if you like, but only in the same way you can buy some knock off fags off ‘John at work’

I’m pretty sure the safety aspect of vaping has been discussed either earlier in this thread or another one somewhere on the forum. 

Fair enough I'm obviously behind the times, of their now on top of regulating the compounds used then fair enough.