Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

North Korea

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

I'll wait until it's reported officially, but yes, this doesn't sound great.

Also I can only speak for myself but AFAIC I don't give a flying whatever about who is responsible for peace there so long as it happens with a minimal body count...so I'm not sure the generalisations are called for?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44133308

11 hours ago, Buce said:

Am I right in thinking you have hiked the Hadrian's Wall footpath, as Alf plans to, DT?

Perhaps you might have some useful tips for him.

Yes, around 30 years ago, myself and a good friend walked the line of the Wall, although most of it has been robbed of stone. We travelled east to west, from Wallsend,  to Bowness-on Solway, a distance of some eighty miles. We used both a tent, and bed and breakfast facilities. It took 12 days, but that included such places as sites, and museums.

I have always vowed that I would do it again one day, but it never happened. Too unfit now sadly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MattP said:

Link? This isn't on the news.

Baffled, makes no sense for Kim to do this at all, he should be carrying on talking and waiting for another Obama type President in the Whitehouse. 

Because whilst Kim has been demolishing buildings at his nuclear site (confirmed by us intelligence), the US and South Korea thought it was a good time to start military drills again.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Because whilst Kim has been demolishing buildings at his nuclear site (confirmed by us intelligence), the US and South Korea thought it was a good time to start military drills again.

You told us that KJU had got everything he wanted without giving up a thing? Now you're telling us that N Korea has destroyed it's testing facilities and America hasn't given anything up? Has Trump out thought KJU?

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

You told us that KJU had got everything he wanted without giving up a thing? Now you're telling us that N Korea has destroyed it's testing facilities and America hasn't given anything up? Has Trump out thought KJU?

At which point has Trump been calling any of the shots?

Just now, toddybad said:

At which point has Trump been calling any of the shots?

I think he'd have a say over the military drills in S Korea or aren't you blaming him for that?

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I think he'd have a say over the military drills in S Korea or aren't you blaming him for that?

So the thing that the Koreans are blaming for talks stalling?

Which actions of repproachment over the past few weeks have been as a direct result of something Trump has done rather than what Kim has done?

1 minute ago, toddybad said:

So the thing that the Koreans are blaming for talks stalling?

Which actions of repproachment over the past few weeks have been as a direct result of something Trump has done rather than what Kim has done?

What's your point Toddy?

You were delighted when you kidded yourself into believing that N Korea had tricked America into giving something up, based on nothing but prejudice it seems to me. Now N.K has destroyed it's testing facilities you're saying how terrible it is that America has tricked N.K, threatening a peace process that you never believed in anyway.

Guest MattP

Kim gets the deal of the century -- genius, totally outsmarted Trump. 

Kim withdraws from deal of century - genius, totally outsmarted Trump.

Not too obvious guys. What next? Kim assassinated, totally outsmarted Trump?

Edited by MattP

Guest MattP
58 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I'll wait until it's reported officially, but yes, this doesn't sound great.

Also I can only speak for myself but AFAIC I don't give a flying whatever about who is responsible for peace there so long as it happens with a minimal body count...so I'm not sure the generalisations are called for?

Sorry, missed this.

Friendly Ram definitely, a couple of others probably.

Not you though, you've made it clear you want peace whatever from the start pretty much, even if the Donald is a part of it.

25 minutes ago, Webbo said:

What's your point Toddy?

You were delighted when you kidded yourself into believing that N Korea had tricked America into giving something up, based on nothing but prejudice it seems to me. Now N.K has destroyed it's testing facilities you're saying how terrible it is that America has tricked N.K, threatening a peace process that you never believed in anyway.

At what point did America trick them?

I don't recall any promises about no military drills being made?

2 minutes ago, toddybad said:

At what point did America trick them?

I don't recall any promises about no military drills being made?

So what are you complaining about?

What did KJU trick Donald Trump out of?

1 minute ago, Dr The Singh said:

Well I'm glad you and Dangerous Tiger are happy together, I will be there for you, when he dumps you for a younger man

Are we still talking about food?

8 hours ago, Webbo said:

So what are you complaining about?

What did KJU trick Donald Trump out of?

Explain where I said this last night?

You're just making up an argument on your own.

You're a very strange man.

41 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Explain where I said this last night?

You're just making up an argument on your own.

You're a very strange man.

You've been saying it for months toddy, as you well know.

I'd stick to posting Guardian articles you don't understand if I were you. You're not really up to intelligent argument.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

You've been saying it for months toddy, as you well know.

I'd stick to posting Guardian articles you don't understand if I were you. You're not really up to intelligent argument.

Facts change. Kim was moving towards meeting with Trump far more quickly than I'd expected.

I'm not sure why you're so desperate to give Trump credit for things he hasn't done.I'm not criticising him, nor giving him credit at this stage. If he gets to meet Kim and they agree something worthwhile and lasting then I'll give him credit for that.

In the meantime, Kim is the only one of the two who had really done anything in recent weeks.

He agreed with Moon that neither side would do anything provocative during this period. 

Moon and Trump have then carried on wargaming. I'm critical as that wargaming has always been called a provocation by the north. If it scuppers talks then it clearly wouldn't be Kim to blame.

I can't work out which part of this is confusing you.

Edited by Guest