Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

North Korea

11 minutes ago, toddybad said:

Has one side continued with provocations and the other not?

I don't see the relevance. 

Whilst I admit, the military game should probably be postponed, it doesn't take away from the fact that the grand gesture from North Korea of dismantling the test site, which you are highlighting, is nothing of the sort.

9 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

Whilst I admit, the military game should probably be postponed, it doesn't take away from the fact that the grand gesture from North Korea of dismantling the test site, which you are highlighting, is nothing of the sort.

It was always clear that if Kim was giving up something he didn't need or want.

34 minutes ago, breadandcheese said:

23 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

It was always clear that if Kim was giving up something he didn't need or want.

This is the irrelevant part. I was merely noting that he did appear to be setting the site up for journalists to attend the destruction of the tunnels - this is findings of us intelligence. It isn't a grand gesture, but it is a sign that he was following through on his commitments to moon.

What is relevant is that, on the verge of significant talks, moon has reneged on his commitment to not raise tensions, in league with the US.

In this particular instance Moon and Trump appear to be in the wrong.

Why is it so difficult to just say this without trying to caveat it? 

....About that nobel peace prize....

Say what you want about kim but someone has got to be the bigger man here considering kim is almost forced to come to the table with whats happened to his beloved mountain and scientists.

Why do military exercises when we could be headed to peace?

We all know kim is a bell end and that the usa could destroy NK if they wanted, so no need for these silly exercises.

Trump is a master  of douchebagery. Being outclassed by rocket man right now if you ask me........unless he goes and test fires a missile of course 

Edited by Jattdogg

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

I still don't get which bright spark thought it was a good idea to do some stupid drills right at the time where they wouldn't be needed.

Probably the same bright spark who chose to move the US embassy to Jerusalem. 

• Like 1

Guest MattP
6 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

Kim has played Trump like a little bitch here, tbf. 

finally got a POTUS to agree to sitting down and then mugged him off last minute.

certainly makes it looks like he's calling all the shots. 

I thought he had got the deal of a lifetime and has now withdrawn?

Like us signing Lionel Messi for a million, pulling out then saying "hahaha got you Barca you mugs" - we call the shots.

3 hours ago, MattP said:

I thought he had got the deal of a lifetime and has now withdrawn?

Like us signing Lionel Messi for a million, pulling out then saying "hahaha got you Barca you mugs" - we call the shots.

The deal of a lifetime? Kim said he wanted a sit down and Trump jumped at the chance. He's blatantly in control of the situation. NK have done similar things before, teasing the west then backing out. Trump probably shouldn't have fallen for it, but did, and now looks a mug.

It's more like us offering a new pro-contract to Levi Porter, then pulling out etc

If it wasn't so bloody scary it would be hilarious.

All Trumps grandstanding has basically left him with his dick on the table, standing alone with Kim laughing in the shadows.

Edited by wurmer
  • Like 1

As most of us thought, this was too good to be true.

Trump definitely over played his hand.

Combine this with the ZTE bizarre tweets combined with a $500m loan (loads of countries will be pulling similar stunts), and the Israeli Embassy issue, this has been a terrible week for the US on foreign policy.

His tenure is looking more dangerous by the day.

6 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

As most of us thought, this was too good to be true.

Trump definitely over played his hand.

Combine this with the ZTE bizarre tweets combined with a $500m loan (loads of countries will be pulling similar stunts), and the Israeli Embassy issue, this has been a terrible week for the US on foreign policy.

His tenure is looking more dangerous by the day.

According to Matt and Webbo he's like Churchill multiplied by Abraham Lincoln.

• 2 weeks later...

The North and South Korean leaders meet up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44265287

Not surprised North Korea are changing their stance to being more open outside of their territory more now, as they wouldn't be able to cope in the long-term if they continue to isolate themselves and their inhabitants. 

10 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The North and South Korean leaders meet up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-44265287

Not surprised North Korea are changing their stance to being more open outside of their territory more now, as they wouldn't be able to cope in the long-term if they continue to isolate themselves and their inhabitants. 

Agreed, but it's interesting that this has happened now rather than 10 years ago or 10 years from now. I wonder what the tipping point is/was? Guess it doesn't matter all that much - what matters is getting the NK's to (eventually) rejoin the world community in a way that frees up their people.

It may be an unpopular opinion, but from the point of view of the North Korean state, abandoning the atom seems pointless.
The US government has recently shown twice how much nuclear security deals are worth. I would like to remind you that Ukraine gave away its arms to the USA and Russia, instead of guaranteeing security from the USA. Currently, Russia occupied Crimea.
The US government broke the atomic agreement with Iran, despite the fact that according to all agencies Iran adheres to the rules.
Trump respects only the strong ones.