Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tringfox

Slimani

Think he sums up last season for us. Took an eternity to sign him then he was not fully fit. Pretty sure I heard Ranieri state that. With a full pre season and being fully fit he has a chance to justify the price tag and show what he can do. 

1 hour ago, katieakita said:

Think he sums up last season for us. Took an eternity to sign him then he was not fully fit. Pretty sure I heard Ranieri state that. With a full pre season and being fully fit he has a chance to justify the price tag and show what he can do. 

Nice round up of the situation Katie .

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

How was Ulloa meant to get a better goal to minute ratio when he's hardly played? Slimani has been poor

And like I said Ulloa had the best goal ratio in his first season but you chose to ignore those stats. Interesting 

Also cost us £20m more let's not forget

Hate to think what you're going to expect from Maguire this season since he'll cost 16x more than Morgan did

2 hours ago, Walkers said:

Hate to think what you're going to expect from Maguire this season since he'll cost 16x more than Morgan did

Let's be honest for a £30m striker, we were robbed. Im sure the guy was a cracking player at sporting, but he struggles to even contend for a header outside the box. Ulloa's not been anywhere near as clinical but at least you know you've got a player that will challenge every ball that comes his way, can get it down to his feet and hold up play or lay it off, and does a very good job when we require him defensively. There's no way you can say £30m merits a poacher who struggles to stay fit. I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that what we have paid for Maguire reflects he's a young English centre back, and weve got him for what will hopefully be some of best years to come.

8 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We're not in the first season though. We've just finished the third. And Slimani's performances kept Ulloa out of the team.

That has to be the most stupid comeback in the history of FT 

lol

6 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Let's be honest for a £30m striker, we were robbed. Im sure the guy was a cracking player at sporting, but he struggles to even contend for a header outside the box. Ulloa's not been anywhere near as clinical but at least you know you've got a player that will challenge every ball that comes his way, can get it down to his feet and hold up play or lay it off, and does a very good job when we require him defensively. There's no way you can say £30m merits a poacher who struggles to stay fit. I'm pretty sure everyone is aware that what we have paid for Maguire reflects he's a young English centre back, and weve got him for what will hopefully be some of best years to come.

In fairness we must be the first club (of our size atleast) to spend so much on a player and not intend on making him our #1 striker. if we changed our game to suit him a bit more i'm sure he'd show his worth but with Shakespeare now in charge I don't see that happening at all

9 hours ago, Walkers said:

In fairness we must be the first club (of our size atleast) to spend so much on a player and not intend on making him our #1 striker. if we changed our game to suit him a bit more i'm sure he'd show his worth but with Shakespeare now in charge I don't see that happening at all

I thought the problem we had was trying to combine his and Vardy's game which took away from Vardy's effectiveness who I would still have as our number one striker.

24 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Have we not had the same sort of interest in him from China as we did in January?

The Chinese league changed some things in January so there is a limit to buying players from abroad. Not sure if the interest was ever real anyway.

Archived