Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tringfox

Slimani

15 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

He doesn't suite out style of play, and he never will unless we become more of a passing outfit looking to get crosses into the box. Technically he's not that good, first touch isn't great, he's not particularly strong for his size, and his hold up play isn't effective. He does a fair bit of donkey work but it isn't productive, Okazaki is far more effective at that job.

Slimani has one use, in the penalty area the one thing he is good at is finding the back of the net. However we've failed to utilise this, and subsequently he is wasted in our side...we either build our attack around him, or flog him to China for a few mill....personally I'd do the latter if we can find a replacement. 

Quite a good record for us though considering the amount of time he's been out injured and AFCON duties.. 

Poor slimani, he had to become the punching bag.... Wes and huth are injured, Kasper and simo are our top 2 performance, fuchs is liked here, drinky is this forums golden boy, marc is also very liked here, shinji "runs a lot" and vardy no matter how bad he is in a game, a goal or an assist and its all forgiven (unlike slimani! ain't that something). And mahrez, oh well, its like screaming at a person that's just walking away from you, it says more about you than him.

36 minutes ago, the fox said:

Poor slimani, he had to become the punching bag.... Wes and huth are injured, Kasper and simo are our top 2 performance, fuchs is liked here, drinky is this forums golden boy, marc is also very liked here, shinji "runs a lot" and vardy no matter how bad he is in a game, a goal or an assist and its all forgiven (unlike slimani! ain't that something). And mahrez, oh well, its like screaming at a person that's just walking away from you, it says more about you than him.

Absolute twaddle.

I have to agree in the sense that slimani gets unjustly slagged off on here. For the amount of time played and bearing in mind injuries his stats say he has done a great job. 

Not saying he is super awesome amazing right now but he has defiantly shown potential and warrants getting a break. 

2 hours ago, Redouane said:

Pogba is right. People need to stop talking about the transfer cost. The price is tag is one thing, and the performance on the pitch is another. 

Has he gone anything really though this season?

17 minutes ago, Johnthefoxrayner said:

Shinji is hard working and IMO great player. Slim also Good  player he will score goals need to keep nothing of them 

I couldn't have put it better myself ...    :thumbup:

ATM, I would take kantè over him. But I believe pogba has a lot more potential and technical ability.

Looking at the intangibles, pogba is the superior player, big, fast, strong, can defend and and attack, can play as a box to box and as a deep laying playmaker.

He is (like they say in the NBA) a unicorn, he has the body of a midfield destroyer but the technical ability of a world class "small" box to box.

I truly think that united are not tapping into his full potential, in a midfield 3 with a proper strong DM, Herrera and him, he can be a top 5 player in the league,

12 hours ago, the fox said:

All the players that are liked on here you have named have earned legendary status at this club after last year, slim has done nothing that compares for leicester. The snide you had at vardy suggests you havent seen us play ever as well, very rarely since ranieri departed has he played badly in a game unlike slim 

personally i think slimani with a full pre season behind him and a run in the team will shine next season , he does work hard and is up there with the best of them for hitting the back of the net from his head hes also powerful and strong . i still think him and vardy could be lethal next season with some hard work between them before august. 

i would keep slim and okazaki and use shinji for games we need to press hard and also to come on in the last 20 mins or so when their backline is tired to run them ragged , 

ulloa and musa can leave and bring in a good young back up player to learn 

19 minutes ago, eblair said:

The snide you had at vardy suggests you havent seen us play ever as well, very rarely since ranieri departed has he played badly in a game unlike slim 

lol at this. sometimes people like to be excessively critical just for the sake of being contrary. i don't blame ya, i'm very much like that too sometimes, but with ranieri instead of slim.

I think the manner of his missed header in the last game is why Slimani gets a lot of negative critics. And our record fee for a player as well does not help. As has been mentioned his goal record for the number of games played is pretty good for his first season. A decent pre season ahead of him, gets injury free, no AFCON, one year in the prem now and supply him with crosses he will score goals next year. 

21 hours ago, the fox said:

I've good time for Slimani but why have a go at everyone else there?

7 minutes ago, HKFox said:

I think the manner of his missed header in the last game is why Slimani gets a lot of negative critics. And our record fee for a player as well does not help. As has been mentioned his goal record for the number of games played is pretty good for his first season. A decent pre season ahead of him, gets injury free, no AFCON, one year in the prem now and supply him with crosses he will score goals next year. 

I think he is a very good player and still hasn't shown his best.  He has had a slight niggling injury which hasn't helped. Undoubtedly his price tag has been the major factor in people's animosity towards him. I'm not sure why people say he doesn't fit our style as for me he is an upgrade on Leo ...    And he fitted fine.  If we ever had to rest  JV and Shinji then Slim and (say) Deeney would be an excellent alternative ...     And all 4 would be interchangeable.   If we got Sigurdsson as well our attacking options would be well and truly sorted.  

• 3 weeks later...

Archived