Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mullet

Really!!??

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Unwilling to change anything from our once winning formula is a bit harsh. Last year we changed from it, to what I have no idea but whatever it was thank god it's gone. I don't buy that Shakespeare will stick to this current game forever. It can evolve with different players.

I think Ranieri actually went on to fook it up good and proper.

Genuinely I do. I don't think the players knew what their roles were, he was confusing them both off and on the pitch and Shakey was caught up somewhere in the middle I suspect.

Some of the players have been rubbish. I'm not having that they haven't. Despite one or two good games, Amartey, Musa, for instance, are just not good enough. You can see it.

I think Shakey has to have time to get rid of some of these players (I'm afraid I'm still yet to be impressed by Slimani) and to sign his own. Big names don't always mean success. We've done what we've done by recruiting great prospects and getting the best out of them. 

Ridiculous as it may sound, I think Shakey had to sort out the mess that Ranieri ultimately had left, in the same way as Pearson had to, after Sven. 

He did miraculously well.  Make no bones about it, we looked every bit like a relegation side. Now he's got to be given time to stamp his own imprint on the squad. The problem is, he won't get it. The media (and this forum) will be on him like a tonne of bricks if we start losing. And all the old chestnuts will come out (he was always out of his depth, he's too basic etc etc).

I hope for his sake we start next season well. At least that will give him a chance.

Just now, Col city fan said:

I think Ranieri actually went on to fook it up good and proper.

Genuinely I do. I don't think the players knew what their roles were, he was confusing them both off and on the pitch and Shakey was caught up somewhere in the middle I suspect.

Some of the players have been rubbish. I'm not having that they haven't. Despite one or two good games, Amartey, Musa, for instance, are just not good enough. You can see it.

I think Shakey has to have time to get rid of some of these players (I'm afraid I'm still yet to be impressed by Slimani) and to sign his own. Big names don't always mean success. We've done what we've done by recruiting great prospects and getting the best out of them. 

Ridiculous as it may sound, I think Shakey had to sort out the mess that Ranieri ultimately had left, in the same way as Pearson had to, after Sven. 

He did miraculously well.  Make no bones about it, we looked every bit like a relegation side. Now he's got to be given time to stamp his own imprint on the squad. The problem is, he won't get it. The media (and this forum) will be on him like a tonne of bricks if we start losing. And all the old chestnuts will come out (he was always out of his depth, he's too basic etc etc).

I hope for his sake we start next season well. At least that will give him a chance.

What I found quite striking about the season just gone is that Ranieri had become everything we were warned he'd be before we'd appointed him. The more I think about it, the more I think it's a good job we appointed him when we did and here's why..

He arrived in mid July, less than 4 weeks before our first game of the season. That's no proper pre-season. We hadn't played any friendlies by that time, but it was nowhere near long enough for him to really put his marker on the team. We did change formation in the first game of the season - but who is to say that wouldn't have happened anyway given our signings? Did we really sign Fuchs to play in a 3-4-3? I highly doubt it. I think all along Pearson / Shakespeare would've reverted to 4-4-2 that year anyway. He arrived late and as a result, he largely went with what his staff (Shakespeare, Walsh et all) said. Consider as well that he didn't even want to sign the star player of that season and had to be talked into it. Something tells me he went with the flow that year - made sense to given how we started and he kept it going really well.

Last year was following him having a proper pre-season. He tried to change things to how he did things pre-Leicester and it didn't fit us what so ever. Sure enough you got disjointed performances. There was an interesting article a few weeks ago about how his style of management didn't really fit our dressing room and I think there's a lot of truth in it. While I can't definitively say it, something tells me he really did walk into the most fortuitous possible scenario in 2015. How is it even possible to go from winning the league to being as bad as that without something drastically wrong in the management?

Shakespeare comes in and all of a sudden we look that team again. Overnight we were back to the 2015/16 side, minus Kante, plus Ndidi. We didn't keep it up this time although given the CL we had more to contend with, and we failed to get a squad that was really ready for it. I'm quite excited to see what Shakespeare can do if he gets the right squad together for this season. Was February/March just a honeymoon period or is he the real deal?

Lazy journalism, we were poor, will there be 3 teams worse than us next season, probably.

Will Shakespeare struggle, his first big gig, maybe at times, will he get us relegated, I can't see it, depends on recruitment.

So easy to say a side that had a shocker in the league, with an inexperienced manager is going to struggle, all I know is, if we are not to struggle next season, I worry more about recruitment over the summer, than I do Shakespeare being manager.

Archived