Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

The Ultimate Pie

Build your ultimate pie  

65 members have voted

1. 1. The pastry/top

• Shortcrust
    • Puff
    • Flaky
    • Hot water crust
    • Filo
    • Mashed potato
  2. 2. Primary Filling

• Steak
    • Chicken
    • Cheese
    • Pork
    • Lamb
    • Game
    • Fish
    • Minced Beef
    • Minced Lamb
  3. 3. Secondary Filling

• And onion
    • And mushroom
    • And ale
    • And potato
    • And kidney
    • And gravy
    • And bacon
    • And leek
    • None
  4. 4. The shape?

• Plate / Shallow Dish
    • Deep Dish
    • Individual
    • Pasty
    • Deconstructed ie. slice pastry on top with no base

2 minutes ago, Buce said:

It really brings it home to you that you never really know what you're eating, unless you make it yourself, doesn't it?

I never get the people who give waiters a hard time either.

I was a waiter once Bucey and you are spot on ...     I could fill a book with what I saw  ....    And it was a top hotel.

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

Seems like a big steak pie with puff pastry is the runaway favourite. May do a curry one of these soon

Mugs ...    Short crust is far better ....    People don't understand what the right answer is ...     I demand a revote ....     

Och aye !!!  ....     Freedom !!!!      Hoots mon !!!   ....            I'll nae give up !!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Back in the seventies, a guy I went to school with went to work at Pukka Pies after leaving school (I won't mention his name, but he was/is probably known to a few of the older guys on this forum - a bit of a 'face' at the time).

He was sacked a few weeks in for squeezing his zits into the pie mixture; I have never eaten one since.

Mate, I worked in Coombs bakery when I was 16 with my mates. 

I witnessed a lad pissing in a bucket of glace cherries, spitting in bread dough, locking a guy in the freezer, falling into a drain and then wiping hands on uncooked pastries... it goes on... 

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Back in the seventies, a guy I went to school with went to work at Pukka Pies after leaving school (I won't mention his name, but he was/is probably known to a few of the older guys on this forum - a bit of a 'face' at the time).

He was sacked a few weeks in for squeezing his zits into the pie mixture; I have never eaten one since.

Probably nothing to worry bout as Pukka used to carry out spot checks

5 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Probably nothing to worry bout as Pukka used to carry out spot checks

I will never understand why idiots do such disgusting things with other peoples food.  What is wrong with you to pee or pop pimples in food? Bad parenting possibly mixed with being straight  up tw@tish.

Hope any w@nker who does that eats fecal contaminated food and dies a horrible death.  Ok,  maybe thats a tad wayyyyy over the line but these idiots should be beaten severely and shamed.

Back to pies..... lol...

Archived