Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

On 01/09/2017 at 11:02, Fox92 said:

What glimpses? Everton away in the FA Cup, that's it. 

He hasnt shown enough good performances to be 'inconsistent'. 

Palace at home. Spurs away he gor us a point.  Everton away as you mentioned. 

I never rated him, even when we were linked with him in January 2016. He has the 2 attributes I hate them most in football. Useless pace and being a "confidence player". 

I suspect Musa will be used as a punchline joke for years to come like Akinbiyi.

55 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Why has he had a torrid time? He's shit, end of.

Most players last season had a "torrid time", most players had their confidence shattered. But every other player has changed now yet he hasn't. He was given a full 90 at Sheffield United and still didn't impress, as I keep saying his basic skills of controlling the ball, running with it, shooting are shite. It's beyond belief for a player we paod £16mill for.

Nothing will change my mind. No doubt nothing will change the management's mind either. Nobody rates him and I'm not surprised. Get rid of him and his wages and get in actual quality.

I cba going over the same thing over and over again.

He's had a torrid time because he's not played well for the most part - last season was a bad season for him, no-one's going to argue that. But I disagree re Sheffield United game - people focused two much on two (admittedly abysmal) sliced crosses, but when he drifted in field he linked up well with Slimani.

As I said, he doesn't seem to have settled, he definitely doesn't warrant a starting berth: currently 4th choice winger, 5th choice striker; but he has had a few good games and shown glimpses of why we were after him Jan '16 and would have shelled out to get him in. 

12 minutes ago, Koke said:

Useless pace and being a "confidence player". 

Two attributes being talked about 4 years ago iirc about a lad we'd signed from non-league who'd struggled first season. Doesn't mean he'll come good, but a confidence player with confidence can be a major threat.

12 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Barca friendly, and that three game run (palace to wba) last October where he got two goals. Guys had a torrid time and you couldn't make an argument for him starting, but pretending he's never shown anything is rubbish, he's shown the odd glimpse but either hasn't settled or had his confidence shattered by the first year...

He is a absolute shit. If he last name was akinbiyi you wouldn't be forgiving the season he's just had. We need to get rid. Hoping he doesn't make our 25 man squad tbh.

7 hours ago, Babylon said:

You don't care what happened 3 or 4 years ago, which essentially means you've hung him out to dry after 3 games.

I haven't hung anyone out.  I simply don't think he's good enough.  I can't understand why that is such a controversial opinion or so hard to understand.  And telling me he was good in he Championship or good in a season when we were for the most part absolutey crap isn't going to change that.

And in all the talk and ridicule of me not thinking James is good enough, not one person has actually told me what they think his qualities are, and/or what he brings to the side.

6 hours ago, toddybad said:

He is a absolute shit. If he last name was akinbiyi you wouldn't be forgiving the season he's just had. We need to get rid. Hoping he doesn't make our 25 man squad tbh.

Eh, a lot just had a poor season in the league for the most part last year (what was it for Vardy - 3 months without a goal on two occasions?) and didn't come good until Shakespeare started. Musa didn't even then, but to my memory didn't get more than a few late sub appearances. Maybe he won't come good, but the hate people seem to have for him is baffling.

Archived