Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

I'm not going to get too deep into this again, but I got shitty whoscored ratings shoved down my throat the other day as some sort of evidence on how poor James is. I'm going to return the favour here.

13/14 Season Championship

James 7.17

Drinkwater 7.16

King 6.89

14/15 Season Premier League

James 6.87

Drinkwater 6.70

King 6.73

16/17 Season Premier League

Drinkwater 6.78

Benalouane 6.75

King 6.61

Gray 6.45

Musa 6.32

17/18 Season Premier League

James 6.69

Best rated CM championship season, best rated CM survival season (excludes cambiasso), his ratings that season beat most players last year. His rating this year still beat plenty of players last year despite playing two very difficult away games and being out injured for 18 months.

By absolutely no metric is or was he close to being one of our worst players, other than someones opinion. An opinion which I find utterly baffling after actually watching pretty much every minute of his career and all the stats actually backing up what I thought I saw. Maybe he won't get back to previous levels, but good god there is far more evidence pointing towards him being well worth the effort to find that out, than there is he's not good enough.

Anyway... Musa, someone needs to give him a cuddle and instill some confidence in him, calm him the hell down and tell him you can just play it simple sometimes.

46 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm not going to get too deep into this again, but I got shitty whoscored ratings shoved down my throat the other day as some sort of evidence on how poor James is. I'm going to return the favour here.

James 7.17

Drinkwater 7.16

King 6.89

James 6.87

Drinkwater 6.70

King 6.73

Drinkwater 6.78

Benalouane 6.75

King 6.61

Gray 6.45

Musa 6.32

James 6.69

Best rated CM championship season, best rated CM survival season (excludes cambiasso), his ratings that season beat most players last year. His rating this year still beat plenty of players last year despite playing two very difficult away games and being out injured for 18 months.

By absolutely no metric is or was he close to being one of our worst players, other than someones opinion. An opinion which I find utterly baffling after actually watching pretty much every minute of his career and all the stats actually backing up what I thought I saw. Maybe he won't get back to previous levels, but good god there is far more evidence pointing towards him being well worth the effort to find that out, than there is he's not good enough.

Anyway... Musa, someone needs to give him a cuddle and instill some confidence in him, calm him the hell down and tell him you can just play it simple sometimes.

Wouldn't bother replying mate, the bloke has an absolute vendetta against James. Can only think its something personal

No vendetta.  Not personal.  Just my opinion.  Don't care about stats from 3/4 seasons ago.

And for not wanting to, you went pretty deep in to it.

Still, I'm really not going to.  So have a good day lads.  Let's hope we hear confirmation on Silva soon.

I want to look at this in the most positive way possible... the lad backs himself and rates himself as more than a Championship player.

For him to drop down a level just a season after a £15m move would be pretty shocking personal PR.

So the way I see it is he's backing himself to compete for a place in the team, and hopefully by some miracle if he gets a chance he might just take it based on that!

28 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I want to look at this in the most positive way possible... the lad backs himself and rates himself as more than a Championship player.

For him to drop down a level just a season after a £15m move would be pretty shocking personal PR.

So the way I see it is he's backing himself to compete for a place in the team, and hopefully by some miracle if he gets a chance he might just take it based on that!

Moose is going to show everyone just what a boss man he can be..... at some point

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Thats my reading of it too.

If my potential employer employed me for a certain role but some time down the line tells me to cover another role temporarily, I'd do what I'm told, so that he knows I'm not being fussy or refusing to do it.

Same applies to Musa, really.

He should've gone to Hull as, had he impressed, Shakespeare would be notified of this and could make him still want him as part of his future squad.

But, as Musa apparently stuck his nose up at the opportunity at Hull, Shakespeare will now feel he's not doing himself any justice - as he's been given time to improve here, but really hasn't, and also Musa appears to not agree with something (going to Hull) that could help regain his confidence and ultimately get the skills back that made Leicester sign him in the first place.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

James 7.17

Drinkwater 7.16

King 6.89

James 6.87

Drinkwater 6.70

King 6.73

Drinkwater 6.78

Benalouane 6.75

King 6.61

Gray 6.45

Musa 6.32

James 6.69

Shoved down your throat?

Grow up

You bore everyone to submission constantly.

i watch it daily with different people, it's like if they don't agree with you, you don't stop.

you qouted some one 6 times in one post earlier.

As others have said, sometimes take a break.

??

Shame we couldn't see the Musa from that Barcelona friendly more often.

I oftentimes was under the impression that he was either holding back or simply tired. Either that or on a sharp decline in ability, nowhere near his form with CSKA.

Personally, I think he doesn't suit our system, as he is neither a proper striker nor a left/right midfielder.

It'd be great if we found a way to give him more game time elsewhere - at least on loan.

6 hours ago, Babylon said:

James 7.17

Drinkwater 7.16

King 6.89

James 6.87

Drinkwater 6.70

King 6.73

Drinkwater 6.78

Benalouane 6.75

King 6.61

Gray 6.45

Musa 6.32

James 6.69

lol

if that isn't going deep into it, I don't know what is!

Youve made a strong argument for James, tbf. However, when we get Silva, I wonder if he'll play that much. In a 4-4-2, it could be a Silva, Wilf pairing.

36 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

lol

if that isn't going deep into it, I don't know what is!

Youve made a strong argument for James, tbf. However, when we get Silva, I wonder if he'll play that much. In a 4-4-2, it could be a Silva, Wilf pairing.

If Silva is better, then he shouldn't... before all the injuries this season I just thought of him as potentially very decent 3rd / 4th choice midfielder, capable of pushing for a start if he'd retained the majority of his physical shape post injury, I still see him as such.

It just grates me to see him slated so badly by people when he was always a decent player for us IMO. Never a headline grabber due to his different style to DD, who tends to stand out due to his hollywood balls and the odd goal from distance. But I always liked him and rated him from day one, the stats for any year back up what I saw as well. If they didn't I wouldn't be so defensive of the bloke.

I appreciate a lot of time has past since he played and he's probably been forgotten about and just seen as "one of those players bottom of the league". But there were far bigger issues around the team and selections etc than James, to essentially level it all at his door, when others played a lot worse that season is unfair. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If Silva is better, then he shouldn't... before all the injuries this season I just thought of him as potentially very decent 3rd / 4th choice midfielder, capable of pushing for a start if he'd retained the majority of his physical shape post injury, I still see him as such.

It just grates me to see him slated so badly by people when he was always a decent player for us IMO. Never a headline grabber due to his different style to DD, who tends to stand out due to his hollywood balls and the odd goal from distance. But I always liked him and rated him from day one, the stats for any year back up what I saw as well. If they didn't I wouldn't be so defensive of the bloke.

I appreciate a lot of time has past since he played and he's probably been forgotten about and just seen as "one of those players bottom of the league". But there were far bigger issues around the team and selections etc than James, to essentially level it all at his door, when others played a lot worse that season is unfair. 

You might be surprised but I know exactly where you are coming from. And your defence of James is very commendable.

13 hours ago, Fox92 said:

What glimpses? Everton away in the FA Cup, that's it. 

He hasnt shown enough good performances to be 'inconsistent'. 

Barca friendly, and that three game run (palace to wba) last October where he got two goals. Guys had a torrid time and you couldn't make an argument for him starting, but pretending he's never shown anything is rubbish, he's shown the odd glimpse but either hasn't settled or had his confidence shattered by the first year...

16 hours ago, chicagofox said:

No vendetta.  Not personal.  Just my opinion.  Don't care about stats from 3/4 seasons ago.

And for not wanting to, you went pretty deep in to it.

Still, I'm really not going to.  So have a good day lads.  Let's hope we hear confirmation on Silva soon.

You don't care what happened 3 or 4 years ago, which essentially means you've hung him out to dry after 3 games.

10 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Barca friendly, and that three game run (palace to wba) last October where he got two goals. Guys had a torrid time and you couldn't make an argument for him starting, but pretending he's never shown anything is rubbish, he's shown the odd glimpse but either hasn't settled or had his confidence shattered by the first year...

Why has he had a torrid time? He's shit, end of.

Most players last season had a "torrid time", most players had their confidence shattered. But every other player has changed now yet he hasn't. He was given a full 90 at Sheffield United and still didn't impress, as I keep saying his basic skills of controlling the ball, running with it, shooting are shite. It's beyond belief for a player we paod £16mill for.

Nothing will change my mind. No doubt nothing will change the management's mind either. Nobody rates him and I'm not surprised. Get rid of him and his wages and get in actual quality.

I cba going over the same thing over and over again.

Archived