Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Ahmed Musa - Possible Loan Move

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Not really if we had based judgements on first seasons most on here would've dumped vardy. To me I think Musa struggles with confidence, not sure abuse by your own fans helps that.

I wouldn't. You can go back and check, I always supported Vardy.... he had something about him, unlike Musa.

Musa struggles to control a football and struggles to run with it in his stride. Sheffield United away summed it up, it was one of the weirdest performances I've ever seen yet we sang his name for ages till he somehow scored. I sank into my seat when he ran with the ball then totally miskicked it but I'm use to him doing that.

There's no comparisons to Vardy though because Musa has all this World Cup and Champions League experience. He was never a "gamble" as such, which Vardy was sort of. 

Musa will never work here because he's not good enough. He hasn't even got the basics too look good - stuff like control is basic stuff especially for a player at this level. Obviously the management don't rate him either. I'd be willing to take such a significant loss just to get him off the books.

I'd never abuse a player or use a scapegoat - those two things are overused on here - it's simply just criticism and Musa ain't good enough. Get rid.

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I wouldn't. You can go back and check, I always supported Vardy.... he had something about him, unlike Musa.

Musa struggles to control a football and struggles to run with it in his stride. Sheffield United away summed it up, it was one of the weirdest performances I've ever seen yet we sang his name for ages till he somehow scored. I sank into my seat when he ran with the ball then totally miskicked it but I'm use to him doing that.

There's no comparisons to Vardy though because Musa has all this World Cup and Champions League experience. He was never a "gamble" as such, which Vardy was sort of. 

Musa will never work here because he's not good enough. He hasn't even got the basics too look good - stuff like control is basic stuff especially for a player at this level. Obviously the management don't rate him either. I'd be willing to take such a significant loss just to get him off the books.

I'd never abuse a player or use a scapegoat - those two things are overused on here - it's simply just criticism and Musa ain't good enough. Get rid.

Don't see how anyone can argue with this, he'll never be good enough, he's just not good enough at football to play at PL standard. He wouldn't stand out at Championship level either and would probably be an impact player off the bench at most.

4 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Don't see how anyone can argue with this, he'll never be good enough, he's just not good enough at football to play at PL standard. He wouldn't stand out at Championship level either and would probably be an impact player off the bench at most.

He is very inconsistent, but can do it occassionally. We have at times glimpsed that quality, but he needs decent coaching to do it a bit more often. Sadly he won't get it from us. 

2 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

He is very inconsistent, but can do it occassionally. We have at times glimpsed that quality, but he needs decent coaching to do it a bit more often. Sadly he won't get it from us. 

Very good point.  With the lack of integration/progress of players like Gray, Chilwell, Musa, Lawrence, Kaputska. I too question our coaching and management.

I was approached yesterday by a Hull City fan at the height of the Mahrez departure rumours who gloatingly suggested that I must be gutted. I replied that it was beyond that, I was inconsolable, disillusioned and furious. Thinking he'd touched a raw nerve, he suggested that there was at least a miniscule chance that Riyad might still be a Leicester player at 11.00pm. Who said anything about Mahrez? I replied - I'm talking about you ****ers reneging on the Musa loan ya silly ****. 

Actually, if anything the decision to retain him given the uncertainty yesterday was probably ours. Slutsky loves and trusts the guy from his time at CSK.

At least if nothing else his comedy value will have soared even higher after that attempted 'cross' at Bramall Lane last week. 

9 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

What glimpses? Everton away in the FA Cup, that's it. 

He hasnt shown enough good performances to be 'inconsistent'. 

He could be handy to have around but doubt he will make the bench most games so it is a strange one for him to reject a move.

Would have benefited us too seeing how he did in the Championship. Oh well, I am sure he will be off in January unless he truly shines in his limited chances here

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What glimpses? Everton away in the FA Cup, that's it. 

He hasnt shown enough good performances to be 'inconsistent'. 

I think Musa is not good defensively as a winger to work in a 442 system that needs discipline to keep shape out of possession. He would work better in a more possession oriented side or in an attacking position. 

He has performed at Champions League and World Cup level. He can play at that level, and it is frustrating that we cannot integrate him into our system. 

5 hours ago, foxinsox said:

I think Musa is not good defensively as a winger to work in a 442 system that needs discipline to keep shape out of possession. He would work better in a more possession oriented side or in an attacking position. 

He has performed at Champions League and World Cup level. He can play at that level, and it is frustrating that we cannot integrate him into our system. 

If he can't hold down a PL starting place then he is not at the level you mention.

I don't understand why you feel you have to defend him, when your argument rests on a minuscule portion of good play over 12 months, while the vast majority of it has been so bad it's comical.

You fail to appreciate that paying him £60k a week prevents us from employing another player who is worth that kind of outlay.

Its vital if we are to progress as a club that we sign better players; and to do so we need to get rid of the shit ones! 

2 hours ago, Worthington said:

Deal was set up....According to the Hull local rag he rejected the opportunity !

After his first season here he can't believe he's beneath the Championship? I was at the Sheffield Utd match and it was clear the fans had given up on him and any singing and encouragement of him was basically mocking him.

@Fox92assessment of him are unfortunately bang on. His technique and basic footballing skills are literally non league level.

He'll never be good enough for us and by refusing to go on loan to Hull probably means he'll sit his contract out here and just drain a wage and resources. I thought a season in the Championship under a familiar face would be a good indicator of his level but he'd rather stay here and will hardly get any minutes at all during the season. He can't be relied on at all and the best thing I can say about him is that he can be a wildcard and produce an extraordinary moment once in a while.

2 hours ago, chicagofox said:

I agree that the management clearly don't rate him so it would probably be better for all parties if he left.  But he is by no means the worst player in our squad.

Whose worse than him then?

Benalouane possibly but that's it.

2 hours ago, Worthington said:

Deal was set up....According to the Hull local rag he rejected the opportunity !

What? Shakey clearly doesn't rate him and no plan for him. He won't play here unless the sick bay is full.

Crap signing, really.

Archived