Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

26 minutes ago, Bozman said:

I will probably get slated for saying this, I think our goalkeeper doesn't command his box enough and a lot of that is down to poor decision making on his part, plus he is 3 to 4 inches too small to be able to do it..

Even during his best season and spells of form, he's not been good at commanding his box. 

Vardy specifically isn't the problem but the strikers in general are I think. Just the fact we have a load, none of whom's strengths seem to fit our team at all. Or, at least, they never get a run in the team so they look crap in the 20 minute cameos they get when we're chasing a game. The Iheanacho signing looks completely weird now, even Shakespeare never played him and now we don't start two strikers much.

Friday wasn't great, especially second half but Puel is clearly still working us out. We just have a bizarre squad that doesn't really suit any style of play. It's not fast any more, it's not technically good enough, it's not really creative, but it's not physical either. We're kind of fine at stuff and that's it.

4 hours ago, Bozman said:

I will probably get slated for saying this, I think our goalkeeper doesn't command his box enough and a lot of that is down to poor decision making on his part, plus he is 3 to 4 inches too small to be able to do it..

Couldn't agree more - personal view but his decision making and organisation is second rate (Watford play off was a case in point - too much adrenaline and not enough thought).  Best virtue is the kicking and distribution which we shouldn't overlook but yes - not Lloris, De Gea or Courtouis.

Archived