Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

9 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Just got back thought I log in......we are unbeaten in 5 consecutive away games, taking 7 points on the way, people on here need to get real....we weren’t great, West Ham and the crowd got better.....but it’s another point on the way to 40 (remember that.) Ffs stop moaning and get behind the team....you can’t win em all, but if you don’t lose you are doing something right....

We didn't lose because it's the poorest West ham side for many a year. Get real.

No reasonable excuse for what was offered after the first half hour, we were completely outplayed after that both on the pitch and vocally in the stadium that "has no atmosphere". I fear there's a Relegation fight upcoming, and hope we can pull a few points out of our horrendous fixture congestion over Christmas. I expect Silva has put in a transfer request after having to sit and watch that. As others have posted, why no Shinji? with him in the side I reckon the game would have been ours by half time. Still, it's always a result to get away points (so we're told) :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

No reasonable excuse for what was offered after the first half hour, we were completely outplayed after that both on the pitch and vocally in the stadium that "has no atmosphere". I fear there's a Relegation fight upcoming, and hope we can pull a few points out of our horrendous fixture congestion over Christmas. I expect Silva has put in a transfer request after having to sit and watch that. As others have posted, why no Shinji? with him in the side I reckon the game would have been ours by half time. Still, it's always a result to get away points (so we're told) :rolleyes:

I know puel wants to move on with his changes - but he must not cut his shinji nosed off to spite his grey/mahrez face when what we are doing is not working

30 minutes ago, Manini said:

"Starting" - well he started against West Brom but that's about it? (I know he was injured before hand) 

Well it's difficult to start an injured player and he was utterly woeful in the cup for his first performance.

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

i dont consider chilwrll great and never have done but i am in a small minority

I don't mind Chilwell. I like his energy and his commitment. He seems a good lad. 

But his final ball is absolutely shocking for a Premier League footballer. 

As usual I guess, I just don't agree with the bulk of the forum that he's 'the future of the club'. He's just ok.

Maguire is the future of the club imo

There was some back and forth with the police at half time when the West Ham fans were throwing beer over the concourse wall. One thing I did see was a cop actively punching back... absolutely lost his head the loser.

Shit game and shit atmosphere. At least we can say I've ticked off the ground...

immediate thoughts after the game.

-Mahrez and Gray cannot play centrally, leave them out wide.

-We massively need a Lanzini player. Is silva that player or is he more of a Drinky?

- Need a right back that actually get is capable of getting passed the half way line.

26 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well it's difficult to start an injured player and he was utterly woeful in the cup for his first performance.

I don't know what we're even discussing now to be honest. 

The point i was trying to make was that if Shakespear was still here it would be likely Andy King would still be starting - which would be shit - because neither king nor Shakespear had a clue respectively. 

You brought Iborra up 

The trouble is Vardy is on fire at the moment , has been all season, the fact he is getting no service

is criminal . We need a midfielder that can drive forward with the ball ... N'Didi and and Iborra although 

good players don't do that , Silva will not be that player and Mahrez is a winger.

Complete fiasco.

28 minutes ago, KFS said:

There was some back and forth with the police at half time when the West Ham fans were throwing beer over the concourse wall. One thing I did see was a cop actively punching back... absolutely lost his head the loser.

Shit game and shit atmosphere. At least we can say I've ticked off the ground...

What was our away end like? Heard the odd chant on the TV...

Very frustrating game. We had them beaten after half an hour- we should have ripped them apart, but the final ball just wasn't quite there. After that though, we seemed content to defend the 1-0 lead (and the 1-1 draw after we conceded). Sitting back allowed them to gain a foothold, their fans woke up and there was only going to be one winner in the second half- did we even have a shot? 

Also, the away end was pitiful. Genuinely, what has happened? Half the people around me couldn't even be bothered to applaud players, let alone sing. 

Outsung, and outfought by a Moyes team. Dreadful.

Positives: 

- We didn't lose

Kasper, Simpson, Fuchs, Chilwell, Gray, Mahrez, Slimani, Ndidi,Albrighton, have all been criticised in this thread.......all at different times by different people....we are 11th, two defeats in 11, and we are moaning.....at the risk of repeating myself, the very best we can finish is 7th....we have every chance of doing so, a run of home games coming up (Burnley, Palace, Huddersfield, Watford) where we could accumulate points...the outpouring of disgraceful, crap, disgusting type comments on here are miles off beam.....West Ham ain’t much worse than us.....get over it, any point away is a decent point, and they will get better.....personally, Hart, Carroll Ayew, Kouyate, Arnautovic,Cresswell would all add to our squad....Masuaku was also excellent....

Don’t often come on here after games but having just got back, what a load of cr4p!!

Sounds like it was a bit better on TV but we seemed to lack anything. Those sideways passes and lack of go forward was horrible to watch. Even more depressingly their atmosphere was a lot better than expected. 

The only highlight being the pre match pubs. I won’t go to the London Stadium again but if anyone does the Tap East is a decent close place for a drink beforehand. 

3 minutes ago, Muzzyfox6 said:

Don’t often come on here after games but having just got back, what a load of cr4p!!

Sounds like it was a bit better on TV but we seemed to lack anything. Those sideways passes and lack of go forward was horrible to watch. Even more depressingly their atmosphere was a lot better than expected. 

The only highlight being the pre match pubs. I won’t go to the London Stadium again but if anyone does the Tap East is a decent close place for a drink beforehand. 

Trust me. It wasn’t. 

I can understand people's frustration. Watching the game I couldn't understand why he didn't bring Sinj or Slim earlier I was screaming into my beer afterwards. But thinking about it today Puel isn't that manager he saw the way the game was going and it looks like he said 'I'll take a point here' and if I was honest with myself it was probably the right thing to do. I think we have to get used to a manager who will close a game out rather than gung-ho us to gloious defeats.

First 30 minutes we played some good football. Iborra is a beast and owned that midfield. It's a shame we gave away so many free kicks and West Ham got back in the game in the first half because without that I think we would have gone on to win comfortably. After the break West Ham really had a go and the crowd got right behind them we lost our confidence and we couldn't get our game going but for all that they didn't have any real chances and we saw the game out.

Dispointed we couldn't capitalise on our good start but 1-1 fair result.

43 minutes ago, RODNEY FERNIO said:

The trouble is Vardy is on fire at the moment , has been all season, the fact he is getting no service

is criminal . We need a midfielder that can drive forward with the ball ... N'Didi and and Iborra although 

good players don't do that , Silva will not be that player and Mahrez is a winger.

Complete fiasco.

This.
Our squad has too many defensive midfielders and not a single one AM or offensive CM let alone a proper number 10.

Since Kante's departure we let 3 transfer windows go by and still have not sorted that situation.

Our attacking builds-up are awfully ciche and painfully predictable : 

----> Simpson and Fuchs mandatory hoof forward alongside their own line 90% of the time, when in possession seems like the only available option in their football brain

----> Gray/Mahrez/Albrighton taking on players only to loose the ball before making the penultimate or decisive pass near the opposition box

----> Midfielders backpassing to Morgan who 9 time out of 10 hoofs it forward even when not being under pressure .....

Rince, repeat and hope for the best outcome

Yet, i am confident Puel has started to try and change the way we play when in possession of the ball; even though we went bobbins past the first 20 minutes yesterday, we have seen some glimpses of triangles, 1-twos and combinations.

But it will take time for our core of players to get rid of their stereotyped play and having an attacking midfielder would so much help us through that transition.

January window can't come fast enough.

Archived