Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

West Ham post match 1-1

I like what puel is trying I just think that vardy gets too isolated in that system. It worked for 30 mins then the system needed changing because wh did. I'd like to see us play with 3 at the back and then with wing backs (Albrighton chilwell). We lacked creativity second half but who can we bring on in midfield? - King offers nothing. I just wish puel would of been flexible and brought okazki on for mahrez then vardy would of had some support. 

I think if we are to play this "passing game" we need to play 3-5-2 ...a midfield 3 of Ndidi, Iborra ,Silva could be good  ( Ndidi,Iborra,Kante ..if only !)   after watching last nights second half sooner or later we have to give this a try. Vardy is too isolated the way we are playing at the moment.

Thought that Fuchs and Simpson both did well defensively last night but we are too predictable and something needs to change

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Mahrez needs to learn to release the ball earlier if he is to thrive as a number 10. Too often he ignores good options to take more touches that inevitably turn him into trouble.

IMO we need to play 2 up front vardy on is own is not working, Vardy and shinji does work as we have all seen in the past. 

3 hours ago, Reg Vardy said:

Kasper, Simpson, Fuchers, Chilwell, Gray, Mahrez, Sl re iimani, Ndidi,Albrighton, have all been criticised in this thread.......all at different times by different people....we are 11th, two defeats in 11, and we are moaning.....at the risk of repeating myself, the very best we can finish is 7th....we have every chance of doing so, a run of home games coming up (Burnley, Palace, Huddersfield, Watford) where we could accumulate points...the outpouring of disgraceful, crap, disgusting type comments on here are miles off beam.....West Ham ain’t much worse than us.....get over it, any point away is a decent point, and they will get better.....personally, Hart, Carroll Ayew, Kouyate, Arnautovic,Cresswell would all add to our squad....Masuaku was also excellent....

So far and including anything I might of said....Best post on this topic...

Too many Misgogs and misery makers, every game...just deliberately finding players to hack off.

I know what we are..it seems @reg vardy is up to scratch and doesnt u s e the forum to get digs in every week...

When I 1st started on this forum, there were balance views, with individual game critic, the forum now seems a vehicle

For posters letting out their frustration on all and sundry, representing LCFC.

No I didnt like our 2nd half, but at this time there is too much over dramatics and spanish-inquisition mania,

aimed at the players and team...We are a mid-of-the-table team, who have their ups and downs....

Too many criticising, not from ambition, but putting higher expectancy values, of where we presently are as a team. 

We still have tocrebuild c from c Ranieri, Shakespeare unfortunate lack of team recognition.

Puel is the new start...lets give him and team time

19 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

And we drew. Against a side who created nothing from open play. I'm not knee-jerk, I'm certainly willing to give Puel time and think tonight was just as much bizarre decision making from the players as it was his tactics, but here's no denying we should be beating these Football League sides.

Mahrez was atrocious. I'm not sure where he was playing but he's never suited being a number 10 / "in the hole" type as he is very one footed and can often slow down play when he's in the middle. He's a winger and doesn't provide the bridge between defence and attack that Shinji does. Iheanacho is a poacher. Slim is a target man. Nobody offers what Shinji does and it's invaluable to actually getting Vardy involved.

Fuchs is spent. I love the bloke, but he's had it now. This should be the season we're bedding Chilwell in - we aren't going down, put him in, let him get some valuable minutes and learn. Fuch has lost the legs but his brain is still there.

Kasper isn't what he was, either. I don't know what it is, but his authority in his box has completely plummeted.

We desperately need Silva or another body in the middle so we can switch to a three because at the minute we're leaving our most dangerous player completely devoid of any service.

It was a crap game and the best player on the pitch was Iborra by an absolutely country bloody mile.

Agreed.

Mahrez was West Ham’s best player.

10 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

His interviews are absolutely painful to listen to. I can’t bring myself to listen to the whole thing. Just imagine being a player and listening to him in the dressing room. 

Have we ever had a more boring manager?

Levein

22 hours ago, Kopfkino said:

These players are the problem. Half of them can't play football and the other half play for themselves. Absolutely scandalous that we have 5 points from West Brom, Stoke, Bournemouth, Huddersfield and West Ham.

Genuinely angry at the sheer ineptitude. 

I agree with your first two sentences. But we’ve not looked like a top half team in any of these games, and been unbeaten in all of them, with four being away from home. We could easily have lost all of them on another day and now be in the bottom three.

I’m not happy to accept the lack of ambition, but we could easily be in a much worse position.

Squad needs time and change to take it to a new level! 7 players from the title winning team still start. We don't need drastic change! But two modern fall backs would make the world of difference for starters. Mendy and Ben Arfa had there best seasons under puel and could be an option. And also we have the class of silva who could come in alongside Iborra and them two could be great for Ndidi who lets remember is 20 years old 

1 hour ago, Gerbold said:

Two players demonstrating unwarranted ''tude' -  exactly the opposite of what's required. Gray is an attention-seeker and Mahrez is operating in some kind of fantasy world. It's as if he's doing Leicester a service until some bigger side come to take him away to where he deserves to be. Vardy was denied opportunities by these two prima-donnas. I'm surprised he's not fuming as well. These two are the antithesis of what he is - a committed, unselfish team-player. Neither Iheanacho nor Slimani are ever going to be effective without supply from Mahrez and Gray. Albrighton again worked hard and effectively to provide ball. It's coming to the point where someone has to ask whether it's worth keeping either of them if they're not going to mature as players and men.

We clashed on here a while ago, but I’ve got to say this is a great post, and one in which you have raised some very valid points.

I think your comments stand out to me even more because we have witnessed Man City first hand recently, and I also heard Kevin De Bruyne talking about his goal against us, saying he preferred assists to scoring!

The same could be said of Silva perhaps, another very unselfish player. I know they have more quality than us, but they are the perfect example of working together. The emphasis on the whole body being greater than the parts.

Gray has undoubted talent, but he must be a nightmare to manage. His body language on the pitch, if things don’t revolve around him, surely sometimes kills that much needed togetherness, and I’m already sick of hearing his off the pitch comments. Mahrez of course seems to give off similar vibes.

As I said above, we could easily be in a much worse position in the league this season. That’s not the point here though. It’s just great when all the players are fighting together, it helped us punch way above our weight to win the league. That is certainly missing at the moment.

Does Spurs 1-1 draw with West Brom:

a) Make our point against West Brom better.

b) Spurs are as shit at this forum makes us to be?

c) West Brom like allPremiership teams are more than capable of nicking points off everybody.

When you have answered it, then

d) Can we get something on Tuesday?

Of course we can....come on you foxes.....

15 minutes ago, Gerbold said:

Thanks for your compliment - glad you've forgiven me (I hope)!

I watched Watford on MotD - they were showing those traits City were exhibiting in the title-winning season - the sense of being a team committed to each other was palpable. That cohesion has been lost at City and I believe it's Gray and Mahrez who are allowing their egos to affect the potential of the team.

Your report on de Bruyne's comment is very revealing as to why Man City are running away with the League. He is the pivotal figure in their set-up and I suspect Guardiola has played that card to its full worth. Without that kind of lynch-pin you can have the best forwards in the world and still not achieve. I hope Silva is all you would wish him to be. He could indeed be the commanding presence we need. It might not turn out to be a bad thing - this enforced wait. As you state we could have been in a worse position so his absence hasn't been a disaster and he will have had several months to assimilate into the squad.

I also watched the Chelsea game last night - Drinkwater has become first pick there and he and Hazard were (from the MotD coverage anyway) creating a string of opportunities between them.

Three things you can't have enough of in team sport - team spirit, teamwork and confidence. It must be a joy playing for Man City at the moment.

Again, wise words, although I’ve confused you with mention of Silva! I meant David Silva the Man City player.

It is no coincidence to have two such unselfish players in what looks like an unbeatable team at the minute. To have this and team spirit can only take you so far though. Quality is obviously needed alongside it. But if we won the league with a mix of both, then the title race could be all over in the quickest time ever this season.

And back to your original point. There is a lot of negative comments about Leicester at the moment. Some justified, some not, but I think you are onto something.

Who likes being in a workforce full of egos? You can’t work as a team with that, or reach your potential. Professional sport is obviously full of them, but on the pitch it becomes clear very quickly if that has become a problem. For me it seems it is sometimes with Gray and Mahrez, although they were superb against Everton, but things went well for them that day. When they don’t that’s when they quickly seem to throw the dummy out.

On 25/11/2017 at 09:50, Ian S said:

You must be joking , I don't think he got a decent pass in the 2nd half,the service to him was non existent and he barely had a team mate within 30 yards of him.I am all for criticising where justified but what the heck was he supposed to do.Furthermore,if he had tracked back that would have been all 11 of our players defending in our own half instead of just the 10.Why did he need to track back when we already had 10 men behind the ball.

First of all I think Vardy is a fabulous striker, never mind his massive role in the winning of the prem, his goals against MUFC and even more so against LFC will be forever etched in my memory as the most fabulous moments I’ve experienced in live sport. I Didn’t say he had to track back. At his best Vardy harasses goalkeepers, Centre Backs, full backs et al. That’s not tracking back, that’s attacking forwards and being the 1st line of defence. He has also missed a few clear chances this season. At least two against West Ham. He had similar misses for England and have you forgotten the 1 yard miss from early this season? If you think that Vardy is untouchable due to the style of play we are currently playing then that’s fine. I personally think like the rest of the team, he isn’t quite performing at his usual standard but he appears to have avoided any criticism on here - until I posted and you shot me down straight away! 

Okay, I’ll bite - Vardy is playing well by the standards of others, but somewhat off by the standard he has set in previous seasons. 

He’s not untouchable, either - I agree. I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing what else is out there at some point.

Vardy doesnt get criticised so much because even if he doesnt quite perform he is always a team player. We've got one or two who are not so much, so naturally and rightly they soak up the criticism.

Plus, he is not playing badly, albeit not scoring as much as we'd like. As last season, this is not entirely his fault. We know when the team plays well and feeds him he bangs them in

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The team is still vulnerable in defending set-pieces, which is surprising given the presences of Maguire and Morgan tbh.

I will probably get slated for saying this, I think our goalkeeper doesn't command his box enough and a lot of that is down to poor decision making on his part, plus he is 3 to 4 inches too small to be able to do it..

Archived