Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Parking charge notice

10 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

This got me thinking about how I'd deal with that scenario, surely there's no law against encircling the vehicle with protective spike strips... you wouldn't want anybody trying to steal the person's car while they're on holiday after all.

Handbrake’s can fail causing a car to roll out into the road.

I parked near the Woodyard which I think is Evans cycles now for a city match about six years ago. Returned to find we had all been issued tickets. One chap said he gets one every home match and to ignore. Another just chucked it on the floor saying somithing similar.

i kept receiving letters and it went up from £60 to £800+ over 6 month period. In the end my last letter said they were willing to accept the original £60 if I paid within 14 days. They gave up after about 18 Months, I also read that what they had sent was basically an invitation to pay an invoice.

They sent me some great photos of my car tho and I wished I had called and requested digital copies saying I planned to put it on auto trader and it would save me a job.

• Haha 1

On 28 January 2018 at 17:45, stretch1965 said:

I parked near the Woodyard which I think is Evans cycles now for a city match about six years ago. Returned to find we had all been issued tickets. One chap said he gets one every home match and to ignore. Another just chucked it on the floor saying somithing similar.

i kept receiving letters and it went up from £60 to £800+ over 6 month period. In the end my last letter said they were willing to accept the original £60 if I paid within 14 days. They gave up after about 18 Months, I also read that what they had sent was basically an invitation to pay an invoice.

They sent me some great photos of my car tho and I wished I had called and requested digital copies saying I planned to put it on auto trader and it would save me a job.

I always took it has a good sign when a different company suddenly started sending me the threatening letters, clearly indicating that the fine had been sold to another company to try and collect, I'd sometimes receive letters from 3/4 different companies before they eventually stopped.

Edited by Vlad the Fox

• 5 weeks later...

I got one the other day at The Dry Dock. I've never parked there before and it didn't even cross my mind that there would be a pay and display. Incidentally, I was in the pub at the time of being issued the ticket. 

Tempted to ignore the £60 'invoice' but not sure if the inevitable threatening letters and chance of it going further (however minor) worth the stress?

My daughter got one a few weeks back and she had only passed her test a week before!!

Her friend works for Tesco ( part time after College )but doesn’t drive and as Tesco is next to the station she gives her friend a lift and they get on the train for college.

Her friend logged my daughters registration number at work so she could park there.

Got a ticket through the post 2 hour stay max,she managed 7 hours!

Her friend queried it with work and they said the women who logs them left,so tough.

Difficult as I don’t want to get her friend in trouble.

i read (Martin Lewis)they have 14 days to write to you from the date you parked,to the date of the letter.Hers is 22 days.

They can do one.

Daughter is 17 so cant give her a CCJ but I might still write to them.

15 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

My daughter got one a few weeks back and she had only passed her test a week before!!

Her friend works for Tesco ( part time after College )but doesn’t drive and as Tesco is next to the station she gives her friend a lift and they get on the train for college.

Her friend logged my daughters registration number at work so she could park there.

Got a ticket through the post 2 hour stay max,she managed 7 hours!

Her friend queried it with work and they said the women who logs them left,so tough.

Difficult as I don’t want to get her friend in trouble.

i read (Martin Lewis)they have 14 days to write to you from the date you parked,to the date of the letter.Hers is 22 days.

They can do one.

Daughter is 17 so cant give her a CCJ but I might still write to them.

I would advise zero correspondence.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

I would advise zero correspondence.

Thanks SL,

Protection of freedoms Act 2012

This is where I heard about the 14 day rule,hope it’s still valid.Might be of use to someone.The only correspondence I might have is with Tesco,Who are at the end of the day the landlord.

Really angry with how the manager dealt with my daughters friend tbh.

Just because she is part time and young there is no need for saying tough.Problem is I’m sure some small print says it has to be your car that you can register.

Although I have a motto “ no one out cvnts me”