Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

Billy Kee

5 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Local lad too isn't he? I know he never played a league game for us, and never had a top flight career, but a full career in the lower end of the Football League is definitely something to be proud of (And something most of us on here could only dream of)

It looks like Accrington have been fantastic supporting him. I hope he gets through it.

SIDE NOTE: Riyad Mahrez needs to watch this before throwing the word Depression around willy nilly. If he can relate to this, he's truly depressed about missing out on his move. I know depression, i see it every day (I don't suffer from it but my wife does) and i know its not a word to be used lightly when you just don't get your way.

100% this, the misuse of the word depression is one of my absolute pet hates and detracts from the people who really suffer from it. Wouldnt surprise me if publicists of certain celebrities encourage its use in order to gain public sympathy.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

SIDE NOTE: Riyad Mahrez needs to watch this before throwing the word Depression around willy nilly. If he can relate to this, he's truly depressed about missing out on his move. I know depression, i see it every day (I don't suffer from it but my wife does) and i know its not a word to be used lightly when you just don't get your way.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

100% this, the misuse of the word depression is one of my absolute pet hates and detracts from the people who really suffer from it. Wouldnt surprise me if publicists of certain celebrities encourage its use in order to gain public sympathy.

1) Mahrez has said nothing. Some highly questionable source from Sky who claims to be close to Mahrez has given HIS/HER OWN perception on it.

2) Feeling depressed and being diagnosed with depression are two distinguishable things. Stop equating one to the other, you're only making it worse by mis-/overinterpreting things.

*Rant over*

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TiffToff88 said:

Local lad too isn't he? I know he never played a league game for us, and never had a top flight career, but a full career in the lower end of the Football League is definitely something to be proud of (And something most of us on here could only dream of)

It looks like Accrington have been fantastic supporting him. I hope he gets through it.

Yes. Local lad. He’s done very well at Accrington.

15 minutes ago, shen said:

1) Mahrez has said nothing. Some highly questionable source from Sky who claims to be close to Mahrez has given HIS/HER OWN perception on it.

2) Feeling depressed and being diagnosed with depression are two distinguishable things. Stop equating one to the other, you're only making it worse by mis-/overinterpreting things.

*Rant over*

I'm sorry but if anything you are mis/overinterpreting my post. Not going to get into a back and forth but for the record, I didnt equate one to the other.

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

I'm sorry but if anything you are mis/overinterpreting my post. Not going to get into a back and forth but for the record, I didnt equate one to the other.

"100% this, the misuse of the word depression is one of my absolute pet hates... "

Except that word has multiple definitions and wasn't necessarily misused in the context of that (irrelevant) statement by the (unverified) Mahrez source.

Please clarify how you intended you comment to be interpreted.

Edit: Also, this is not solely directed at you. I addressed it in another Mahrez thread because it misleads people and makes a mountain of a mole hill.

Edited by shen

7 hours ago, shen said:

"100% this, the misuse of the word depression is one of my absolute pet hates... "

Except that word has multiple definitions and wasn't necessarily misused in the context of that (irrelevant) statement by the (unverified) Mahrez source.

Please clarify how you intended you comment to be interpreted.

Edit: Also, this is not solely directed at you. I addressed it in another Mahrez thread because it misleads people and makes a mountain of a mole hill.

My comment was more in the context of its potential misuse in general with a small minority of cases rather than specifically with Mahrez so on reflection I probably should have made that clearer in my initial post but there you go.

Wow. That actually made me well up a bit. As someone who's seen what depression can do to people, the lad is mega brave for doing this to help raise awareness and that about depression. One of them things the world would be better off without. Massive respect to him and anyone who's going through depression.