Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bald reynard

Papy Mendy - coming back ?

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Hasn’t Mendy been crap at Nice? As in rarely in the first team?

If so, why on earth would he come back to the Prem and make an impact?

Because he could play in the correct formation for the same manager that turned him into a coveted player in France. 

End of the day, he's our player and nobody will buy him because of all his injuries. What is to lose by giving him the summer to see if he can work his way into the managers plans.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

You miss the point, people are right to say Silva needs more. Why people do it for one player and not others is beyond me. Mendy misses three passes in a game he was carrying an injury "we won't want him back", Silva misses endless passes "give him time".

Is two seasons for Mendy not enough? One here where he was injured a lot and then poor when he did play, and one in France where he's been fit and pretty poor by most accounts.

If Silva is still doing poorly in 12 months time, I won't be saying give him time, I'll be saying no thanks.

Edited by Abrasive fox
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Is two seasons for Mendy not enough? One here where he was injured a lot and then poor when he did play, and one in France where he's been fit and pretty poor by most accounts.

If Silva is still doing poorly in 12 months time, I won't be saying give him time, I'll be saying no thanks.

People were saying it before Mendy had even played a competitive game and long before his season at Nice.

His form at Nice concerns me. If he really is a top 6 CM that we should be aiming for, he surely would be having more of an impact in that league right now. 

He of course did at one point in time, but I do wonder whether his injury and experience here, severely knocked his confidence and I just don't see him coming back here and making any kind of impact, not the levels we should be looking for anyway. 

Perhaps there is no harm in giving him a pre-season so the coaches can take one last look at him, but I think chances of him staying our now very slim. 

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Never thought he got a real chance to show what he is about, thought he looked pretty good at times and has a good pass on him something which is key in the middle of the park.

I'd bring him back

I don't think we will have a choice.  I can't see Nice wanting to keep him.

If they did, I would wash my hands of him straight away.  Not just because of his dismal performances when fit but because of his comments and unseemly haste to get out of here as soon as he possibly could.  No desire to prove himself in the prem with his new club or to repay his transfer fee.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Because he could play in the correct formation for the same manager that turned him into a coveted player in France. 

End of the day, he's our player and nobody will buy him because of all his injuries. What is to lose by giving him the summer to see if he can work his way into the managers plans.

Nothing really. But just in the same way as you are correctly asserting he’s been made out have played worse than he really did, neither is there much reason to be overly optimistic either.

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Nothing really. But just in the same way as you are correctly asserting he’s been made out have played worse than he really did, neither is there much reason to be overly optimistic either.

I'm not, I've said since he was signed he wouldn't fit a 442. I'd need to see a change of formation before I think he can offer too much.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, murphy said:

I don't think we will have a choice.  I can't see Nice wanting to keep him.

If they did, I would wash my hands of him straight away.  Not just because of his dismal performances when fit but because of his comments and unseemly haste to get out of here as soon as he possibly could.  No desire to prove himself in the prem with his new club or to repay his transfer fee.

We didn't stop him from going though either by the looks of it, maybe under Puel he will be a different player if Puel is even here. but your right about the desire I don't think hes that hungry

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Like 1