Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smiffy Fox

Away Tickets 18/19

13 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Yes it's still in place and basically just add 50 to last year's at a guess.

For the last couple of years the oldest priority points year hasn't dropped off. 

Doesn't affect me as I'm P1, but seems strange, if it stays this way,  that it will just continue as an endless cycle. 

Therefore those on P1 can never be caught. I'm thinking mostly by children who are just starting off. There should be a priority system, and ours is a fair one I think  (although selling tickets for the priority point could be argued) but surely 3/4 years worth of points, for away games, is long enough.

Edit: Just seen your other post mate about the home/away match ticket forum at the club. Maybe a point to make? I'm not sure I'm right so would appreciate your thoughts, but certainly an issue.

Edited by Drew Peacock

3 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

For the last couple of years the oldest priority points year hasn't dropped off. 

Doesn't affect me as I'm P1, but seems strange, if it stays this way,  that it will just continue as an endless cycle. 

Therefore those on P1 can never be caught. I'm thinking mostly by children who are just starting off. There should be a priority system, and ours is a fair one I think  (although selling tickets for the priority point could be argued) but surely 3/4 years worth of points, for away games, is long enough.

Edit: Just seen your other post mate about the home/away match ticket forum at the club. Maybe a point to make? I'm not sure I'm right so would appreciate your thoughts, but certainly an issue.

I have a foot in both camps mate. I'm also p1 and have been for many a year. 

I had the fore sight to register my kids for season tickets 7 and 5 years ago respectively even tho they were 2 at the times and had no interest in football because I wanted to them to have the option in the future and the seats next to me became avaliable.

However they have next to no away points because tickets for 2 of those seasons were hard to come by at the lower end. I know the club are keen to try reward loyalty that goes back years. But I have raised the point that it's hard for me to risk waiting until lower down just to buy my lad a ticket and risk missing out myself.

He's managed to get to the likes of Sunderland on his own ticket. But unless demand remains at last season's level where it was down, and I start taking him at every opportunity for the lesser games he's never gonna see old Trafford or anfield anytime soon under his own steam.

But I don't know what the answer is. There's some stubborn people who won't want to see their priority diminish.

• Like 1

On ‎14‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 16:53, Footballwipe said:

Away pre-order scheme has been discontinued, fyi.

EDIT: just realised I wrote this completely wrong! P1 pre-order scheme disbanded, not the priority scheme!

Anyone here get asked about it? It says the majority of away fans were asked but I never knew anything about it till the letter came, it goes on to say because they wanted to pick there own seat but then they could just leave the scheme to do that.

Just now, red5 said:

Anyone here get asked about it? It says the majority of away fans were asked but I never knew anything about it till the letter came, it goes on to say because they wanted to pick there own seat but then they could just leave the scheme to do that.

To be fair we tended to get decent seats when we were on it. When we asked for the back they tended to give out decent seats including using their brain at places like selhurst and giving us the last few rows before the roof completely knackers the view.

But we left after we won the league as we wanted Europe more than domestic that season and didn't want to be stuck with tickets.

I have heard since they started with all this selling order nonsense it seems tickets being handed out are a bit more random. Them again I know a lot on p1 that now hold off buying for the same reason as they seem to always have to sell the shit blocks 1st.

3 hours ago, red5 said:

I had heard rumours about it but I was never asked and have been on it since the return to the Premier league.

It suited me, as not being a desk jockey all day, getting tickets through the post was ideal when you didn't have to go online to buy them.

Regarding seats, I've never had that bad a time of it, Stamford Bridge is the only one that springs to mind, but I used to tick 'back' on the form so got back of lower tier. Other than that we have had decent views, plus being around same faces outside of your mates every game.

Aren't the club told in which order to sell blocks, that's why some maybe hold off in P1? Also it was worth it for the mad scramble to get a Bournemouth ticket the first couple of times, I know a few in P1 that missed the boat on that one first time.

Pain in the arse now you've got to buy online, I might have a word see if they're still doing a few, I bet coach 1 regs still get it that way!