Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Miquel The Work Geordie

The Best Song You've Ever Seen Live

I saw Pulp at Reading or Leeds just before they released We Love Life and they played "Sunrise".  I remember thinking "**** me they've done it, they've written another classic, this is the best song ever".  Then when it came out it wasn't that great to be honest but oh well.

More recently probably "I Need You" by Nick Cave.  

Saw Arcade Fire at Edinburgh castle which in terms of Band/Venue/Backdrop combination was hard to beat.

Young Fathers this year as Barras was pretty incredible.  Only God Knows was a highlight probably.  X

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Showaddywaddy - Under The Moon of Love. - Some tiny village hall somewhere.

I was about 8 with me Mum and Dad somewhere near Burton on Trent, a tiny place but cannae remember where (I was born in '81 so this was waaaaaaaaay past their day).  First gig I ever went to and was too loud for me so my Mum sat with her hands on my ears for most the gig.  ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!! X

Edited by RumbleFox

9 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Showaddywaddy - Under The Moon of Love. - Some tiny village hall somewhere.

I was about 8 with me Mum and Dad somewhere near Burton on Trent, a tiny place but cannae remember where (I was born in '81 so this was waaaaaaaaay past their day).  First gig I ever went to and was too loud for me so my Mum sat with her hands on my ears for most the gig.  ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!!! X

....or "Hey! Rock and Roll!", as the aforementioned Showaddywaddy once advised us (was keen on this when issued, aged about 11 - and I wasn't even from Leicester)....

My best song ever seen live would surely have to be one or other performance of this....More "rock 'n' roll"!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hallowed be thy Name is phenomenal whenever Maiden play it, and was great at Download 2016. 

Zenith - Huntress. Saw them supporting Amon Amarth at Leeds students Union on the deceiver of the gods tour. They opened up with this, and Jill Janus came strutting out looking like Ozzy Osbourne had joined Gwar to just control the stage. The most charismatic performer I've ever seen.

Ballad of Brother Pain - Evil Scarecrow. First time they've played it live earlier at Rock City. For a band who mostly write stupid black metal songs about robots shagging crabs to come out with a ballad is ballsy, but it and the crowd response were great. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing Liam Gallagher do Slide Away at Leeds in 2017 was pretty special. Sun shining, Friday night and thousands of people belting out one of my fave tunes, great times. Admittedly not quite Oasis but as close as you'll get nowadays. 

• Like 1

PULP - Common People - Reading 2011

Alexisonfire - Accidents Nottingham 2007

Jay-Z - Numb / Encore & Paul McCartney - Hey Jude Isle of Wight 2010

Sigur Ros - Festival - Bestival 2012

Hard to name just one for Muse but Micro Cuts at Reading 2011 was out of this world.

There are a few more probably but can't remember. 

• 1 month later...

This is obviously rather subjective but here's 2 of my favourites from Gary Numan's Savage Tour leg 1. The light show got bigger and better on leg 2 and massive on leg 3, the orchestral shows. The 3rd clip is a compilation from the Royal Albert Hall which is very good for a fan video but doesn't show the scale of the light show, it misses what he had on the ceiling rigs. It does however show some of my favourite Numan track, the rather awesome Here In The Black.

https://youtu.be/078XBIiT10A

https://youtu.be/nEVH1ASmw9U

https://youtu.be/ng6TPmz-FqU

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/10/2018 at 09:02, lgfualol said:

PULP - Common People - Reading 2011

Alexisonfire - Accidents Nottingham 2007

Jay-Z - Numb / Encore & Paul McCartney - Hey Jude Isle of Wight 2010

Sigur Ros - Festival - Bestival 2012

Hard to name just one for Muse but Micro Cuts at Reading 2011 was out of this world.

There are a few more probably but can't remember. 

Nice, I paid about £300 to see their last ever British gig.... I mean the one before they actually played about 4 more here. So good.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Nice, I paid about £300 to see their last ever British gig.... I mean the one before they actually played about 4 more here. So good.

Fuuck, that's a lot of money. I remember them announcing they were going to split and then saw they were playing shows almost every year after.. Good live though. Pretty sure I saw them twice at Rock City, both awesome shows.