Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dave-Foxes

Man v Fat Football

Tomorrow night is the 1st night of the new season for the man vs fat football that I take part in. It has been very successful for me and my weightloss. When I first thought about signing up I chickened out and didn't bother as I thought I would be alone and not enjoy it,  I could not have been more wrong !!!! I have played for 2 seasons made some great friends with guys that in normal circumstances would never have crossed paths with. We all have that one thing in common we wanted to lose weight. If any of the guys from Foxes Talk want to tryit and see for themselves then come along tomorrow to Beaumont Leys school @ 6.45pm it's a free taster eve. Only condition is that you want to lose weight and be part of a team. 

https://www.manvfatfootball.org/leicestercity

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dave-Foxes said:

Tomorrow night is the 1st night of the new season for the man vs fat football that I take part in. It has been very successful for me and my weightloss. When I first thought about signing up I chickened out and didn't bother as I thought I would be alone and not enjoy it,  I could not have been more wrong !!!! I have played for 2 seasons made some great friends with guys that in normal circumstances would never have crossed paths with. We all have that one thing in common we wanted to lose weight. If any of the guys from Foxes Talk want to tryit and see for themselves then come along tomorrow to Beaumont Leys school @ 6.45pm it's a free taster eve. Only condition is that you want to lose weight and be part of a team. 

https://www.manvfatfootball.org/leicestercity

Sounds like a good idea and good on you for making a positive change.

• Like 1

This sounds tempting, I am approx. 16 and a half stone so could certainly do with losing some weight. I've recently started assisting with coaching U16s and it would be nice to be able to do a bit more in training as my stamina is shocking.

How much is it to join? It says you can get 50% off registration fee and the person gets £5 who recommended you? @Dave-Foxes

I've recently joined up to my local version of this, only a week in to it but enjoyed last week. I'm not huge but need to lose a bit of weight, teams are made up of people of varying sizes and abilities. The weekly weigh-in adds a bit of responsibility that you don't have when your dieting normally, I don't want to be the guy who puts weight on and loses the team a goal. Taps into a mans competitive instinct.

• Like 3