Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bigboss204

Puel’s arrogance (or blindness).

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I just don’t see how after this season he’s going to take us above mid table when we play such boring football, all the teams doing well at the moment play quick attacking football and we just move it side to side with no quality 

We need to mix it up a little. The counter attack worked well against Watford. We do need possession as well, if we played like we did at Man Utd ( which i think was our best game all season), but with a clinical edge, we'll do brilliantly. 

3 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Well, the owners have often spoken about European qualification and 6th/7th is feasible. I would deem that success. I deem 9th as underachieving if we are still some way off 6th/7th, especially when you look at some of the other teams that have and will finish around those places.

Their tone changed entirely in the summer though did it not, to one of consolidation, stability and rebuilding the squad. Even if they didn't change their tone, anything more than that on a regular basis is a pipe dream, because we simply do not invest enough to make it a regular thing. The only team above us who don't outspend us is Bournemouth.

I can understand complaints about out style and entertainment, but I really think people are going to be annoyed no matter who we have as manager if they are expecting 6th/7th all the time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I just don’t see how after this season he’s going to take us above mid table when we play such boring football, all the teams doing well at the moment play quick attacking football and we just move it side to side with no quality 

Nobody will take us above midtable other than the odd freak of a season. We're an average team with an average squad, spending vastly less than all of the teams you want us to be.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Their tone changed entirely in the summer though did it not, to one of consolidation, stability and rebuilding the squad. Even if they didn't change their tone, anything more than that on a regular basis is a pipe dream, because we simply do not invest enough to make it a regular thing. The only team above us who don't outspend us is Bournemouth.

I can understand complaints about out style and entertainment, but I really think people are going to be annoyed no matter who we have as manager if they are expecting 6th/7th all the time.

I mean Bournmouth can't afford to spend. 

16 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Well, the owners have often spoken about European qualification and 6th/7th is feasible. I would deem that success. I deem 9th as underachieving if we are still some way off 6th/7th, especially when you look at some of the other teams that have and will finish around those places.

Net spend of about £25m last summer. Pretty sure Bournemouth, Everton, wolves all out spent more whilst we lost our best player also. If we want to finish 6th or 7th consistently we need to be spending £120/£150m most summers. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Two ends of the spectrum there, West Ham seem to have got it right, Fulham really struggling, shows the impact money can have positive and negative

They're struggling as much as us really, aren't they ?(if people consider 9th struggling, that is) Ok, Anderson seems to be finding his feet but they're not pulling up any trees.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Is that our net spend tho? If it is fair enough but we had to replace our best player leaving and thats without the budget for the season anyway

We replaced Mahrez with Ghezzal for £10m and spend kinda wildly in other positions. It's gonna be another hectic January and Summer Windows.

40 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I wouldn’t have mind us losing to spurs at the weekend if we had at least offered some goal threat but there was nothing there, I’m not expecting us to finish about these sides but we never will anyway playing the way we do at the moment 

I swear, I can't fathom what's going through your heads. We lost a key player, most of our new players are settling in and we're still are in top ten despite injuries and suspensions, only failing to score in two games. Yet you want us challenging teams which are head and shoulders above us and play some "nice attacking football" whilst having most of the team composed by bang average players? How deluded are you lot?

The hell is that all other teams play nice attacking football? Have you seen Newcastle, Fulham, Cardiff, Burnley, Southampton, Huddersfield, and the like? Have you seen the rags shit show at every single game despite having about half a billion on the pitch and on the bench?

Of course everything ain't rosy and there's lot to be improved but what we do get by sacking the manager every season? Don't you understand that the results won't come over night?

Get real.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Have you seen West Ham, Everton, Bournemouth and Watford as well? Pretty sure I can ask for my team to have a go and create chances, ffs we were able to do that in the 14/15 season when we bottom of the league. I’m fed up under Puel watching us roll over against the bigger sides, it never used to be like that since we’ve been back in the prem. I don’t think I ever said we should be beating spurs, but if we had scored another goal and lost 3-1 I’d rather that than a boring 2-0 

Watford are absolute dog shvt rn. Despite a good solid start to the season. Anyway I have to go lesson now. Bye

• Haha 1