Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bigboss204

Puel’s arrogance (or blindness).

Jordie Clasie: Player reveals communicating with Claude Puel was impossible at Southampton, spoke only in French.

“Koeman left after one season and Claude Puel came. From that moment on it became less and less,” he said.

“The new manager did not speak English at all, only French. Not that my English was so great in the beginning, but communicating with the trainer was actually impossible.

“Then you do not just step in with him to talk about your situation. Moreover, Puel had quickly made it known that I simply did not appear in his plans.”

http://sportwitness.co.uk/player-reveals-communicating-claude-puel-impossible-southampton-spoke-french/

He has now been in charge for a year. Are we better or worse now? What signs are there that things are going to get better?

Turgid slow football and not any sustained sign of improvement. We will be fortunate to pick up anything in the next few games. On borrowed time for me at this stage. Sometimes a change works, sometimes not but we seem to be regressing under Puel...

On 09/12/2018 at 10:10, Bigboss204 said:

Hi, 

Read this forum every week but rarely post. 

I get that we are lacking in creative players, or the players we have currently in those positions aren’t good enough, and it’s obvious we are lacking a striker, anybody can see that. 

But it it’s up to the manager to recognise that and adapt. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. 

Why does he CONTINUE to play Ndidi and Mendy together in the midfield? It’s got to be the most boring combination in the league. Give Hamza a chance. 

Why does he continue to player Iheanacho up top on his own? I feel sorry for the lad he can’t do it, help him out.

The players we have is SCREAMING out for 352. 

Can you save a copy of that FM formation and tactic then email it to me?

Just a quick thought....remember selections, formations and tactics are based on observations and performance during training...not just on what happens on match days....most of us only see a 90 minute stint of players ability and effort, its of course a very important part of selections etc., but still only apart of a much bigger picture

• Like 1