Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bigboss204

Puel’s arrogance (or blindness).

Hi, 

Read this forum every week but rarely post. 

I get that we are lacking in creative players, or the players we have currently in those positions aren’t good enough, and it’s obvious we are lacking a striker, anybody can see that. 

But it it’s up to the manager to recognise that and adapt. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity. 

Why does he CONTINUE to play Ndidi and Mendy together in the midfield? It’s got to be the most boring combination in the league. Give Hamza a chance. 

Why does he continue to player Iheanacho up top on his own? I feel sorry for the lad he can’t do it, help him out.

The players we have is SCREAMING out for 352. 

• Like 4

Just now, Bigboss204 said:

So we have 3 def mids on the pitch with a back 4, 1 on the bench alongside Fuchs and Maguire. 

Says it all.

Who would you prefer us to play? As has been said countless times by posters and Puel, we have a seriously unbalanced squad from previous regimes full of aging pros who aren't wanted by other teams.

• Like 2

Just now, Bigboss204 said:

So we have 3 def mids on the pitch with a back 4, 1 on the bench alongside Fuchs and Maguire. 

Says it all.

What it says is that previous managers bought in a lot of players who aren't really suitable and are very similar and one summer isn't enough to rebalance a team. 

• Like 2

Puel doesn't come across as arrogant or blind,but the defensive decision to bring in the third midfielder yesterday strikes me as lacking in ambition.We need to play to our own strengths with quick movement as we saw only last week against Watford. A week later Albrighton is back on the bench, Diabate had a run in midweek for no clear reason in a game where Fulham were there for the taking,and Iheanacho is playing on his own again woefully short of confidence.When we start worrying about other teams rather than playing fast forward looking football we are not going to win.Having said all this most pundits thought we would lose by 2 clear goals,just a shame we didn't make them work a bit harder for it. 

Not sure what the solution would be to alternating Ndidi/Mendy as partnership. Iborra  is very similar and Silva who has struggled bar the odd fleeting moment of quality. I don't see how bringing Hamza in will offer much different. We obviously need a more attack-minded CM option and think we all hoped Silva would grow into that role, but thus far he just hasn't. 

I agree with not playing Iheanacho up top on his own. Both he and Okazaki are better as deeper lying forwards with another ahead of them but with Vardy injured, there isn't an effective alternative available in the current squad. Over the next few windows, we will certainly see progress towards fixing that. If there was a suitable and financially viable option to address that in the summer, I'm sure the club would have. Again, it comes back around to affording time in an transitional period imo. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Not sure what the solution would be to alternating Ndidi/Mendy as partnership. Iborra  is very similar and Silva who has struggled bar the odd fleeting moment of quality. I don't see how bringing Hamza in will offer much different. We obviously need a more attack-minded CM option and think we all hoped Silva would grow into that role, but thus far he just hasn't. 

I agree with not playing Iheanacho up top on his own. Both he and Okazaki are better as deeper lying forwards with another ahead of them but with Vardy injured, there isn't an effective alternative available in the current squad. Over the next few windows, we will certainly see progress towards fixing that. If there was a suitable and financially viable option to address that in the summer, I'm sure the club would have. Again, it comes back around to affording time in an transitional period imo. 

Hasn't had the chance. This is the problem. People call for strikers and midfielders but they get slated if they don't kick on straight away. Silva missed a pre season, missed half a season and then was chucked into the side once every two games. You can't expect anything of players doing this to them. Thankfully Madison started well for us otherwise he'd have been quickly slated.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Hasn't had the chance. This is the problem. People call for strikers and midfielders but they get slated if they don't kick on straight away. Silva missed a pre season, missed half a season and then was chucked into the side once every two games. You can't expect anything of players doing this to them. Thankfully Madison started well for us otherwise he'd have been quickly slated.

I don't think Silva has had enough pitch but at the same time he hasn't shone when he has been playing. Last night for example, I'd rather he was on the bench than Hamza just because he offers something slightly different and that flexibility might well have given us the chance to avoid those bizarre substitutions.

Without wishing to write him off, for one reason or another, it seems from the first moment he arrived that things haven't gone to plan for him here and that is by no means entirely his fault.

We should be grateful and credit to Puel for steadying the ship after Shakespeare. Not sure that any competent manager could have done that so park that one for now.  The evidence on the pitch is that minimal progress is being made and, worse still, it's so damned painful to watch. Jush wish that some posters keep saying that it's better than Levein, Holloway, Megson blah blah but that's like comparing apples with pears. Todays Leicester bares no similarity to those dark days. Nothing wrong with aiming high. Just don't see the end game under this guy. 

In the games in which we anticipating to concede possession I agree with an ndidi/mendy partnership as long as there are 4 creative players in front. 

When we are expecting to have possession I would persist with silva in a deeper role (which he plays for Portugal) alongside one of them to give us more creativity. I still think he can come good if given the chance.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

And they call Claudio the Tinkerman.  I cannot be arsed to look, but has Claude fielded the same team back to back this season.

Not sure but to be fair we've had 4 suspensions to our Captain and key players and a sack full of injures to key players too.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 2

The best we have played this season was first half at the Emirates ....... yet we won’t see that formation again 

more relevant was that it doesn’t  rely on Vardy putting the opposition defence under pressure or chasing balls down the channels - it’s useful against the better teams and imo was perfect for last night 

how can the the manager not see that ?

Then what should we do? Have we creative player with good workrate? Silva is struggling while Iborra lack of mobility will cause problem, while he's often misplaced pass as well

Nacho upfront?who should we put there? We tried gray, we tried okazaki, both didn't go well. Vardy is injured, should we put benaloiane there? 

Somebody seems more blind than the accused ones lol

• Like 3

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the decisions regarding selection and tactics  (yes, some of them baffling) that Puel takes, I believe we as fans have the right to be informed as to why he has taken them.

This seldom happens. We are often in the dark because either the interviewers' questions are banal or (more frequently) Claude's answers are.

And yes, if I could ask him one question, it would be:

Why don't you play 3-4-1-2???????

Ricardo and Chilwell are natural wing backs (and better than any of our wingers), Maddison works best in the central No10 role, and we'd also get to have TWO strikers, not one isolated figure who never gets the ball.

• Like 1