Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Heymister2015

Time to change blind modern football fans!

The season isn't a write off by the way. For those who think it is, prob best you go support someone else. We'll be sniffing around the europa league and cups for years to come, and there will be seasons just like this one a plenty.

Up the city

Edited by TheLittleBigMan

2 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

The season isn't a write off by the way. For those who think it is, prob best you go support someone else. We'll be sniffing around the europa league and cups for years to come, and there will be seasons just like this one a plenty.

Up the city

That isn’t at all depressing.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Because he was a businessman. Football fans greatest affections will always be for footballers, followed by football managers. It's far easier to identify with, and celebrate, someone who is directly participating in the sport you love, than it is with someone who's investing in it. There's nothing shameful about that.

It's nice to find that we actually agree for once.

23 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Because he was a businessman. Football fans greatest affections will always be for footballers, followed by football managers. It's far easier to identify with, and celebrate, someone who is directly participating in the sport you love, than it is with someone who's investing in it. There's nothing shameful about that.

Was Vichai your archetypal owner? 

Did the fans and Leicester public not truly connect, appreciate, respect/love him for who he was and what he had done for the club and community? 

I really do not get or agree with the point you are making Mark because he was no ordinary Chairman.

On 21/01/2019 at 19:42, Heymister2015 said:

I think regarding this season we write it off! The Vichai helicopter crash was a very traumatic moment for the club. I think bombarding the team/manager with a negative atmosphere isn’t the right thing to do. People can moan about the fact that they’ve paid for season tickets etc! This moment was literally life and death and well beyond football! . Puel was apart of this moment and would of been shaken by the fact he’d regularly boarded this helicopter on many other occasions. Pushing the board to a sack a man within months of such an event when the teams secure in mid table would look bad on the club and also Top has a lot on as well as grieving for his father. Also the club is in transition with a big job on clearing past it out of contract players that no one would take on these salaries! Leaving us to have to use them as part of our first team. I think all the fans have done is create a song for Vichai that should of been sung when the 5000-1 achievement was accomplished and created a poisonous atmosphere! Also the fans have done nothing regarding raising funds for a statue for the king and no song has been created for Top! Who is a living legend! 

Like you we all have a right to an opinion and most of us who are paying customers have every right to congratulate, criticise, moan and complain where it is thought fit.

14 hours ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

The song for Top point I agree Monse, however, what were the majority of posters saying on here post tragedy? 

Do you think a matter of weeks after such a horrendous tragedy is really fair or sufficient time to justify the level of bile and abuse and expect the grieving son to make such a decision? 

Puel was on borrowed time before the accident imo, but no I wouldn’t expect top to have any involvement in the club this season, and wouldn’t blame him if he decided he wanted to sell up, but he could and possibly has given the senior members of management to run the club in his absence, and probably make decisions they believe are in the best interests of the club.

Things are not good around the playing side of the club, the press are making life at the club harder with all the coverage about his job being under threat, and I personally think the players leaking the discontent to the press is more disrespectful, and is causing more dislike for puel amongst the fans, as they are clearly not performing for him, and unhappy players and fans, they are forcing top/ or whoever is in charge to make a decision.

My personal feelings are similar to the thread, I think things should be left until the summer, and then decide the move forward, wether that’s moving puel on, or the players that constantly moan about manager after manager, and are not good enough to play as puel wants.

The players need to stop complaining, and give they all for puel/ the club/ fans and vichai’s family until told of anything different, but find people slating the fans for moaning not right, as it’s painful to watch the way this team is performing, but agree with you the moaning is one thing, but abuse and a witch hunt is not right, but truly believe the players and press are fuelling the flames.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

Puel was on borrowed time before the accident imo, but no I wouldn’t expect top to have any involvement in the club this season, and wouldn’t blame him if he decided he wanted to sell up, but he could and possibly has given the senior members of management to run the club in his absence, and probably make decisions they believe are in the best interests of the club.

Things are not good around the playing side of the club, the press are making life at the club harder with all the coverage about his job being under threat, and I personally think the players leaking the discontent to the press is more disrespectful, and is causing more dislike for puel amongst the fans, as they are clearly not performing for him, and unhappy players and fans, they are forcing top/ or whoever is in charge to make a decision.

My personal feelings are similar to the thread, I think things should be left until the summer, and then decide the move forward, wether that’s moving puel on, or the players that constantly moan about manager after manager, and are not good enough to play as puel wants.

The players need to stop complaining, and give they all for puel/ the club/ fans and vichai’s family until told of anything different, but find people slating the fans for moaning not right, as it’s painful to watch the way this team is performing, but agree with you the moaning is one thing, but abuse and a witch hunt is not right, but truly believe the players and press are fuelling the flames.

Exactly how I feel on all points above and an excellent post bud!

• Like 1