Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Heymister2015

Time to change blind modern football fans!

1 minute ago, broughtonblue said:

So as fans we are sh1t. Right oh mate 

Since October yes! The attitude of some people is ‘ oh he died ages ago’ terrible attitude! Why didn’t he have a song before? Why hasn’t top still not got one? Why create a poisonous atmosphere when we don’t have the personnel on the field? I’d understand if we didn’t have loads of average players in central midfield! A championship right back! It’s a slow process building a team! 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

I think regarding this season we write it off! The Vichai helicopter crash was a very traumatic moment for the club. I think bombarding the team/manager with a negative atmosphere isn’t the right thing to do. People can moan about the fact that they’ve paid for season tickets etc! This moment was literally life and death and well beyond football! . Puel was apart of this moment and would of been shaken by the fact he’d regularly boarded this helicopter on many other occasions. Pushing the board to a sack a man within months of such an event when the teams secure in mid table would look bad on the club and also Top has a lot on as well as grieving for his father. Also the club is in transition with a big job on clearing past it out of contract players that no one would take on these salaries! Leaving us to have to use them as part of our first team. I think all the fans have done is create a song for Vichai that should of been sung when the 5000-1 achievement was accomplished and created a poisonous atmosphere! Also the fans have done nothing regarding raising funds for a statue for the king and no song has been created for Top! Who is a living legend! 

I agree with your sentiment, but not with every point you make. 

Regarding the statue I think fans have tried to suggest that we pay for a statue but the club have said they would rather do it. It's up to them. 

The song is not the best, but it's what we have, and we sing it with love. Unfortunately we struggle as a fanbase to sing songs for our players, so we were never going to sing about our owners before what happened. 

I wholeheartedly agree that Claude should be given more time. But I realise I'm also in the minority, and I'm not going over my reasons again, I'm bored of the subject tbqh. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Since October yes! The attitude of some people is ‘ oh he died ages ago’ terrible attitude! Why didn’t he have a song before? Why hasn’t top still not got one? Why create a poisonous atmosphere when we don’t have the personnel on the field? I’d understand if we didn’t have loads of average players in central midfield! A championship right back! It’s a slow process building a team! 

Do people really say that? if so that's messed up

1 hour ago, Heymister2015 said:

Why didn’t he have a song before?

Because he was a businessman. Football fans greatest affections will always be for footballers, followed by football managers. It's far easier to identify with, and celebrate, someone who is directly participating in the sport you love, than it is with someone who's investing in it. There's nothing shameful about that.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

I think regarding this season we write it off! The Vichai helicopter crash was a very traumatic moment for the club. I think bombarding the team/manager with a negative atmosphere isn’t the right thing to do. People can moan about the fact that they’ve paid for season tickets etc! This moment was literally life and death and well beyond football! . Puel was apart of this moment and would of been shaken by the fact he’d regularly boarded this helicopter on many other occasions. Pushing the board to a sack a man within months of such an event when the teams secure in mid table would look bad on the club and also Top has a lot on as well as grieving for his father. Also the club is in transition with a big job on clearing past it out of contract players that no one would take on these salaries! Leaving us to have to use them as part of our first team. I think all the fans have done is create a song for Vichai that should of been sung when the 5000-1 achievement was accomplished and created a poisonous atmosphere! Also the fans have done nothing regarding raising funds for a statue for the king and no song has been created for Top! Who is a living legend! 

You come on here basically calling us a bunch of ungrateful, bad fans for wanting the best for our club, tell me big guy, what have you done to honour Vichai or Top? What have you done for the club?

• Like 1

This season has been a weird one and whilst the crash was a defining point, the truth is we weren’t playing great before the crash, our wins were unconvincing and some of our performances were awful. This carried on the trend from the previous season where we were too predictable, too easy to beat, and too easy to force into a mistake.

Whatever has happened off the pitch on the pitch we are making the same mistakes and sticking with the same players that are not suited to this system and the players most guilty of making those mistakes. It comes down to the formation having no creativity in midfield, over reliance on our full backs and being wide open to the counter attack. It has been happening all season, Vichai’s death was tragic, but it should not make us blind to the failings on the pitch.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Captain... said:

This season has been a weird one and whilst the crash was a defining point, the truth is we weren’t playing great before the crash, our wins were unconvincing and some of our performances were awful. This carried on the trend from the previous season where we were too predictable, too easy to beat, and too easy to force into a mistake.

Whatever has happened off the pitch on the pitch we are making the same mistakes and sticking with the same players that are not suited to this system and the players most guilty of making those mistakes. It comes down to the formation having no creativity in midfield, over reliance on our full backs and being wide open to the counter attack. It has been happening all season, Vichai’s death was tragic, but it should not make us blind to the failings on the pitch.

Spot on i personally think if the crash didnt happen he would have been gone by now. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Captain... said:

There seems to be some myth that the crash has been blamed for performance.  I dont think anyone is saying that.  Everyone knows our problems go back before the crash, they go back years ffs!

The point about the crash is some expected that noise around the club would be a bit softer in its wake, thats all, not that its the cause of player performance

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Not from why I am.

You're mixing with the wrong people

42 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Just put yourself in Top's shoes. He wouldn't want to sack a man his dad employed.

Good point. Top quite possibly has a mixture of emotions going on with the club right now and nobody but him can know what they are. 

You never know - he may decide to sell or step away from it.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Good point. Top quite possibly has a mixture of emotions going on with the club right now and nobody but him can know what they are. 

You never know - he may decide to sell or step away from it.

Also shouldn't forget that Vichai's funeral is still ongoing with Thai tradition. 

21 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Dont have the personnel? We’re capable of fielding 6 of the 11 that have won the premier league, the only one who doesn’t play regularly is being kept out of the side by one of the brightest young footballers in the country and we have spent tens of millions on the midfield.

We most definitely have the personel to not be dropping  a lot of the points we have been dropping as they’ve come against teams in the bottom five, that’s the frustrating thing.

21 hours ago, broughtonblue said:

So as fans we are sh1t. Right oh mate 

That's the sort of petulant and childish attitude that would constitute  a big yes.

If you can't see that the OPs point is both relevant and caring because of the horrendous circumstances then there truly is no hope. I have my frustrations with Claude but the vitriol and relentless bile is neither warranted at this point or fair on Top, senior management and players.

Proper fans would be pulling together like the vast majority stated in the post tragedy threads,  obviously that was just bullshit......disgraceful IMO. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

You use the crash as a reason to write the season off, and then slag the fans off because they have’nt created a song for top.

We created a song for vichai, and the city turned out in their thousands to grieve with the club, and create a very touching floral tribute, and gifts at the ground, so even though I agree for many reasons the season is a write off, but right or wrong people have the right to support or moan.

Fans will be fans, and will moan if they don’t like the football 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

You use the crash as a reason to write the season off, and then slag the fans off because they have’nt created a song for top.

We created a song for vichai, and the city turned out in their thousands to grieve with the club, and create a very touching floral tribute, and gifts at the ground, so even though I agree for many reasons the season is a write off, but right or wrong people have the right to support or moan.

Fans will be fans, and will moan if they don’t like the football 

The song for Top point I agree Monse, however, what were the majority of posters saying on here post tragedy? 

Do you think a matter of weeks after such a horrendous tragedy is really fair or sufficient time to justify the level of bile and abuse and expect the grieving son to make such a decision? 

• Like 2

Regardless on whether you like the board, manager or players there should be no excuse but to totally back your team when they trot out on the pitch. Ive seen some shocking teams we have put out, some dodgy boardrooms and dont get me started on the managers. However I have always sang my heart out on match day and will always cheer them on. I can start my bitchfest after the game or if the board and hierarchy are so dodgy that raiding the SPL for signings was the way forward!! Those were the days.

I dont think Puel is ambitious enough for us but whilst he is here we need to totally support the 11 he puts out on Match Day.

• Like 1