Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James the Fox

All Eliite Wrestling (AEW)

2 hours ago, kingfox said:

Not watched any Wrestling in months, started to completely go off it, AEW signing Punk & Bryan though will definitely get me back watching, the types of signings that can make a real difference.

I just wish AEW would stop showcasing their shitter talent though, that’s the problem with Dynamite, sometimes it’s basically the equivalent of AEW Dark.

Seeing Bryan or Punk take on the likes of Janela has zero appeal to it.

Problem is their shitter talent run the company 

54 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Problem is their shitter talent run the company 

I would only remotely apply that to Cody and Brandi Rhodes. The Bucks and Omega are three of the outright best wrestlers in the company. 

41 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

No they aren't lol, Cody is the only semi talented one tbh 

We're going to have to agree to STRONGLY disagree. 

Cody is a good all rounder but not as good as Omega and as far as the ability to bust out a 5* match, neither are anywhere near the bucks. Their mic skills suck but in-ring they've been one of the best tag teams in the world for about 10 years. 

• Like 1

Cody/Omega and the Bucks are all executives yes - however all the talent who have talked about how the company is actually run say the same thing - Tony Khan makes all the decisions, he’s just known to be more receptive to wrestlers ideas and happy to work with wrestlers on their vision - much more so than Vince McMahon. 

I semi agree with one point about talent used on Dynamite, they’ve actually in some ways got too much good talent for two hours, a lot of good guys miss out on certain weeks, it’s always  balance - and the fact they don’t have to wrestle every week is also a benefit long term to the wrestlers. I’m just hoping once Rampage starts they can finally fit everyone a bit better generally. Still the last two weeks of Dynamite have been very good, it’s almost become a weird feeling watching matches that mean something week to week after years of WWE half assing it 😂 

I think it’s a good thing they have so much talent. It allows them to explore new feuds and matches. 

I saw a stat a couple of weeks ago regarding rematches on Raw / Smackdown / NXT / AEW. 

There’s 30/40% less rematches on AEW than the others, which is a massive plus for me. It keeps things fresh. 

2 hours ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

I think it’s a good thing they have so much talent. It allows them to explore new feuds and matches. 

I saw a stat a couple of weeks ago regarding rematches on Raw / Smackdown / NXT / AEW. 

There’s 30/40% less rematches on AEW than the others, which is a massive plus for me. It keeps things fresh. 

It's because of the "ranking system" they have. It gives them a reason to have random matches without any reason behind it. WWE seem to think that there need to be a reason for two guys to have a match. 

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

It's because of the "ranking system" they have. It gives them a reason to have random matches without any reason behind it. WWE seem to think that there need to be a reason for two guys to have a match. 

I like the ranking system it's something different and like you say it's good that you can have random matches. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scotch said:

We're going to have to agree to STRONGLY disagree. 

Cody is a good all rounder but not as good as Omega and as far as the ability to bust out a 5* match, neither are anywhere near the bucks. Their mic skills suck but in-ring they've been one of the best tag teams in the world for about 10 years. 

You don't know what wrestling is then, FTR on their own roster are miles better than the bucks, they know how to actually construct a match. Omega and the Bucks, the bucks especially  are a great personification of why the majority of fans don't watch anymore, myself included. Theres a reason why it's taken the bucks to get their own fed to be booked to the moon as well lol

Edited by The Horse's Mouth

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You don't know what wrestling is then, FTR on their own roster are miles better than the bucks, they know how to actually construct a match. Omega and the Bucks, the bucks especially  are a great personification of why the majority of fans don't watch anymore, myself included. Theres a reason why it's taken the bucks to get their own fed to be booked to the moon as well lol

The reason the Bucks never made it elsewhere is because they are notorious cvnts. That's why they never made it past a trial at WWE. Go and watch their tag match with Omega and Hangman (I think it was end of last year) and come back and tell me they don't know how to contract a match. The story telling there is unbelievably good. 

It's amusingly ironic that you claim I don't know what wrestling is whilst championing Cody over Omega. A guy who couldn't make it past lower mid card at the fed (although having a friend whos met him on several occasions, supposedly one of the nicest guys ever) against a guy who is literally as I type this a main eventer in the biggest promotions in Japan and Mexico as well as AEW and Impact. 

The reason folk turned away from wrestling isn't because of supposed spot monkeys. It's because of merch machines like John Cena taking spots over folk who can actually put on an entertaining match. That's why I stopped watching for years before AEW and I have many friends who like me, in their mid to late 30s and have been watching wrestling their whole life, done the same. 

6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

The reason the Bucks never made it elsewhere is because they are notorious cvnts. That's why they never made it past a trial at WWE. Go and watch their tag match with Omega and Hangman (I think it was end of last year) and come back and tell me they don't know how to contract a match. The story telling there is unbelievably good. 

It's amusingly ironic that you claim I don't know what wrestling is whilst championing Cody over Omega. A guy who couldn't make it past lower mid card at the fed (although having a friend whos met him on several occasions, supposedly one of the nicest guys ever) against a guy who is literally as I type this a main eventer in the biggest promotions in Japan and Mexico as well as AEW and Impact. 

The reason folk turned away from wrestling isn't because of supposed spot monkeys. It's because of merch machines like John Cena taking spots over folk who can actually put on an entertaining match. That's why I stopped watching for years before AEW and I have many friends who like me, in their mid to late 30s and have been watching wrestling their whole life, done the same. 

The reason the fed weren't interested in the Bucks is because they're small, have no character and look like shit lol, they couldn't even make it in TNA when that was the gimmick for a lot of the teams.

Cody understand wrestling he's not a main eventer but neither is Omega lol, in AEW alone, the march against Dustin and the feuds with Jericho and MJF is miles better than anything Omega has done. Main eventing in Impact and Mexico isn't an accomplishment lol

No it's not, John Cena is a star and will lead to more eyes being back on the fed on his return, people have turned away because all these new people are utterly boring, there's absolutely no star quality and every match is the same 10 false finishes no psychology. Cena at least knows how to work as well lol

Nonsense. WWE have plenty of small guys and or guys with no personality what so ever. It's never stopped them before. The reason they weren't picked up is that when they went up to NY, they pissed alot of folk off backstage with their attitude. 

My point about Omega being a top guy all over the world right now wasn't to highlight his accomplishments, it was to draw attention to the fact that according to you, my opinion of him means I don't know wrestling yet almost all the biggest bookers and promoters in the world outside of WWE seem to be of the same opinion on him. 

You're points about Cena couldn't be anymore opposed to what I think. Yes, Cena is a star but putting guys at the top because of their star appeal is exactly what I personally feel is wrong with wrestling. Cena had the exact same match for about 15 years. His technical ability is trash in comparrison to other guys they had at the same time. 

Just out of curiosity, I'm interested to know, if I asked you to give a rough list of your top 5 ever, who would it be? I only ask as I have a suspicion that we are miles apart on out opinion as to what wrestling is (only I'm not conceited or arrogant enough to claim you don't know anything about it). 

50 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Nonsense. WWE have plenty of small guys and or guys with no personality what so ever. It's never stopped them before. The reason they weren't picked up is that when they went up to NY, they pissed alot of folk off backstage with their attitude. 

My point about Omega being a top guy all over the world right now wasn't to highlight his accomplishments, it was to draw attention to the fact that according to you, my opinion of him means I don't know wrestling yet almost all the biggest bookers and promoters in the world outside of WWE seem to be of the same opinion on him. 

You're points about Cena couldn't be anymore opposed to what I think. Yes, Cena is a star but putting guys at the top because of their star appeal is exactly what I personally feel is wrong with wrestling. Cena had the exact same match for about 15 years. His technical ability is trash in comparrison to other guys they had at the same time. 

Just out of curiosity, I'm interested to know, if I asked you to give a rough list of your top 5 ever, who would it be? I only ask as I have a suspicion that we are miles apart on out opinion as to what wrestling is (only I'm not conceited or arrogant enough to claim you don't know anything about it). 

Mate it's just the truth, only maybe recently I could've seen them signing them to stop AEW getting them. The young bucks have absolutely no appeal.

He's not a top guy all over the world right now, he holds the Impact and AAA titles which are companies tony khan is directly paying and also companies in not the best financial situations. This isn't a peak environment to be bragging about lol.

Do you know how daft this statement is, would your attitude era being regal and malenko on top of the card lol. The business is always about star power lol else nobody watches. Cena is a very good wrestler, the only big criticism I think is justified is that his booking was a bit too far at times and he did bury some people who probably deserved to be elevated.

What do you mean top 5 ever, wrestlers or matches?

18 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Mate it's just the truth, only maybe recently I could've seen them signing them to stop AEW getting them. The young bucks have absolutely no appeal.

He's not a top guy all over the world right now, he holds the Impact and AAA titles which are companies tony khan is directly paying and also companies in not the best financial situations. This isn't a peak environment to be bragging about lol.

Do you know how daft this statement is, would your attitude era being regal and malenko on top of the card lol. The business is always about star power lol else nobody watches. Cena is a very good wrestler, the only big criticism I think is justified is that his booking was a bit too far at times and he did bury some people who probably deserved to be elevated.

What do you mean top 5 ever, wrestlers or matches?

Wrestlers. 

@The Horse's Mouth @Scotch really interesting debate - pretty much sums up the radical differences of opinion in modern wrestling fans, ie workrate vs entertainment.

@The Horse's Mouth you have got to be a definite Jim Cornette listener! I agree with you on the Bucks - total trash - however Omega is talented and although smarmy and pretentious, can entertain, talk fairly well, has some sort of charisma to him and is brilliant in ring. Cody - he's OK but not in a Hulk Hogan role, featured far more heavily than his talent should permit.

The guys I really rate from AEW can be counted on two hands: Pac, Miro, Omega, Moxley (sometimes), MJF, Hangman, Ricky Starks and Kazarian. Only elite tag team are FTR.

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

@The Horse's Mouth @Scotch really interesting debate - pretty much sums up the radical differences of opinion in modern wrestling fans, ie workrate vs entertainment.

@The Horse's Mouth you have got to be a definite Jim Cornette listener! I agree with you on the Bucks - total trash - however Omega is talented and although smarmy and pretentious, can entertain, talk fairly well, has some sort of charisma to him and is brilliant in ring. Cody - he's OK but not in a Hulk Hogan role, featured far more heavily than his talent should permit.

The guys I really rate from AEW can be counted on two hands: Pac, Miro, Omega, Moxley (sometimes), MJF, Hangman, Ricky Starks and Kazarian. Only elite tag team are FTR.

Yeah I do occasionally listen to Cornette, defo agree with a lot tbf it's more the actual matches for me. I think if the Pinnacle was in the Elites position right now I'd be watching again, I just really dislike all three of them. Omega to his credit does at least have a look. Cody started off red hot in AEW tbf to him, the match with Dustin was amazing that's that kind of wrestling I want. Plus the fued with Jericho and MJF even had me doubting whether he was more than a midcarder.

How the booked Miro as some goofy video game player rather than the brick shithouse he is on a roster made up of a lot of midgets it beyond me.

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Yeah I do occasionally listen to Cornette, defo agree with a lot tbf it's more the actual matches for me. I think if the Pinnacle was in the Elites position right now I'd be watching again, I just really dislike all three of them. Omega to his credit does at least have a look. Cody started off red hot in AEW tbf to him, the match with Dustin was amazing that's that kind of wrestling I want. Plus the fued with Jericho and MJF even had me doubting whether he was more than a midcarder.

How the booked Miro as some goofy video game player rather than the brick shithouse he is on a roster made up of a lot of midgets it beyond me.

#KillingtheBuisness eh? 😂 it’s funny because there were similar views when the Luchas came across to WCW in the 90’s - people said they couldn’t work - and these guys were people like Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio.

Thats the great thing about wrestling for me, the variety that’s on display of different styles, different perspectives - different wrestlers having different ways of “getting over” but all having a platform to do so. That’s why I genuinely am so excited about AEW because they cater for everyone in a mainstream environment. Cody is for example a more classic style wrestler, the Bucks are spot monkeys with an amazing level of athleticism, Eddie Kingston is perhaps the greatest promo guy in the business right now - and they even have some proper hardcore wrestling - that Lights Out Match between Omega and Moxley way back was utterly insane 😲 it’s got a bit of something for everyone.

I can tell you’ve been put off AEW a bit due to some past booking but I’d still encourage you mate to have another look - your point about Miro at the end is what shows me that as you were right, he was booked badly when he first came in - but since then he’s turned on Kip and become an utter killing machine, AEW at least seems to learn from its mistakes as well, they got him wrong but they’ve put him right now - he just crushes everyone 👍 

2 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

#KillingtheBuisness eh? 😂 it’s funny because there were similar views when the Luchas came across to WCW in the 90’s - people said they couldn’t work - and these guys were people like Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio.

Thats the great thing about wrestling for me, the variety that’s on display of different styles, different perspectives - different wrestlers having different ways of “getting over” but all having a platform to do so. That’s why I genuinely am so excited about AEW because they cater for everyone in a mainstream environment. Cody is for example a more classic style wrestler, the Bucks are spot monkeys with an amazing level of athleticism, Eddie Kingston is perhaps the greatest promo guy in the business right now - and they even have some proper hardcore wrestling - that Lights Out Match between Omega and Moxley way back was utterly insane 😲 it’s got a bit of something for everyone.

I can tell you’ve been put off AEW a bit due to some past booking but I’d still encourage you mate to have another look - your point about Miro at the end is what shows me that as you were right, he was booked badly when he first came in - but since then he’s turned on Kip and become an utter killing machine, AEW at least seems to learn from its mistakes as well, they got him wrong but they’ve put him right now - he just crushes everyone 👍 

I don't mind different styles, but the basic of all wrestling matches is behind able to suspend disbelief, it's hard to do that when there's 12 finishers, no selling no psychology. People like that sure, but it's just not wrestling. 

That's the thing though it's too much of a mess, don't get me wrong it certainly appeals to their fanbase but have they really gained much fans since going on prime time on one of the biggest networks? If you're gonna compete you need to pick one, it's just a bit schizophrenic and it needs one booker, one vision. You cater to too many people, you're likely to lose people.

My rule is basically I'll watch the PPV (although last thing I watched was blood and guts). And if there's enough there I try and watch the next dynamite but usually get turned off tbh. I'm not coming at this from a WWE is better angle either, I'm a dormant wrestling fan really and even if the fed was much better there's far too much content to actually keep up with. That's the thing though you can't just change it like that, he'd have had so much momentum just coming in as a killing machine they've proper ****ed him and I think he was the best pickup they'd had from the fed so far. (maybe moxley off having a bit of an image beforehand)