Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James the Fox

All Eliite Wrestling (AEW)

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

See I'm completely the opposite. Over the last 18 months or so I've wound down my interest in wrestling, just tuning in for some of the big events, and despite all the hints of Punk arriving I just couldn't quite muster the excitement I usually would, but then watching those videos first thing this morning... Wow. lol Literally reminded me how great wrestling can be in an instant. I'm not getting ahead of myself, I don't think AEW will ever beat WWE, but it doesn't necessarily need to to be a success. With the likes of Bryan to come and apparently another major signing soon, it could be exciting times ahead.

Agree. I've always found CM punk overrated, until watching that, and his promo. Wow. Goosebumps.

I haven’t watched wrestling for years. 

A few weeks ago, I was scrolling through Twitter, when it flashed up about Chris Jericho being attack with a pizza cutter. 

That alone, made me go out of my way and watched, what was simply put, quite a brutal, attitude era type match. I enjoyed it and felt bad in equal measure. Maybe it was more nostalgic! 

I’d never heard of AEW, so I hit the series record button. Is it a great watch, not really. It does appear better than the short bit of WWE I cast my eyes over earlier today though. 

Then I caught the CM Punk thing this morning on Twitter, which I guess will drag in even more people.

**Jericho is in terrible shape and has developed full on dad bod**

4 hours ago, Sly said:

I haven’t watched wrestling for years. 

A few weeks ago, I was scrolling through Twitter, when it flashed up about Chris Jericho being attack with a pizza cutter. 

That alone, made me go out of my way and watched, what was simply put, quite a brutal, attitude era type match. I enjoyed it and felt bad in equal measure. Maybe it was more nostalgic! 

I’d never heard of AEW, so I hit the series record button. Is it a great watch, not really. It does appear better than the short bit of WWE I cast my eyes over earlier today though. 

Then I caught the CM Punk thing this morning on Twitter, which I guess will drag in even more people.

**Jericho is in terrible shape and has developed full on dad bod**

Haha, yeah, I can imagine it being a bit of a shock having not saw him in a while then tuning in to see him now. 

Still though, if I am in that shape when I'm 50, I'll be absolutely delighted... doubtful though, I'm not even in that shape NOW! lol. 

28 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Haha, yeah, I can imagine it being a bit of a shock having not saw him in a while then tuning in to see him now. 

Still though, if I am in that shape when I'm 50, I'll be absolutely delighted... doubtful though, I'm not even in that shape NOW! lol. 

Ha Ha ….. I didn’t realise he was 50.

• Like 1

Punk's return was just amazing. Every single time I watch it I get goosebumps. One of the loudest reactions ever for me I've not heard one like that. The pop was insane there were points where you couldn't even hear Cult Of Personality playing! Some of the fans reactions were amazing too. 

Edited by sharpylcfc
  • Like 1

On 21/08/2021 at 11:56, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Watching Rampage now. How anyone could choose to watch WWE over this is beyond me. I tried watching the WWE raw highlights thing on one of the Freeview channels. Not watched raw since 2009. Got through no more than 90 seconds before having to turn it off. It was some guy shooting water pistols at John Morrison who sold it like death and then Miz in a wheelchair who jumped out of it and the bloke who apparently wanted to attack Miz for whatever dastardly deed he's been up to just stood there pointing at Miz and gesticulating at the crowd for literally 20 seconds to hammer home the point LOOK HES NOT INJURED. Utter garbage. Who over the age of 10 watches that tripe?

On 21/08/2021 at 12:08, kingfox said:

AEW

WWE

Just goes to show what TV 14 gets you, over PG WWE kiddy shit.

This thread was all going so well but I knew it would turn into a WWE bash soon enough 😅. It’s not impossible for both to be good...

The pop for Punk was insane, best for years. 

But...hearing the crowd for Lynch/Lesnar last night was cool too. 

2 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

It’s not impossible for both to be good...

Ah, that remark :yawn:

What’s good about a company who has a woman dressed in a superhero cape, a woman slapping around a toy doll and a bunch of guys squirting water pistols at each other?

As for Becky Lynch’s return, they can’t even get that right.

16 minutes ago, kingfox said:

What’s good about a company who has a woman dressed in a superhero cape, a woman slapping around a toy doll and a bunch of guys squirting water pistols at each other?

If it helps at all my 6 year old loved all 3 of those things you mentioned, meanwhile I loved the Cena/Reigns and Edge/Rollins matches 👍🏼

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

If it helps at all my 6 year old loved all 3 of those things you mentioned 

Exactly my point.

WWE is a kids tv show nowadays, any adult who enjoyed the stuff I mentioned, probably has the brain age of a six year old.

Not watched wrestling since before CM Punk joined WWE in the first place but i've had Cult of Personality in my head all weekend and i've watched the video when he walks out about 5 times now and i've looked into AEW a bit more.

Looks exactly like the WWF in the 90s/early 00s. Genuinely fun and entertaining with some really talented people.

Might see if this will get me back into it all.

• Like 2

Don't think I've missed a Dynamite since AEW started. (FITE TV is great value if you want both Dynamite and Rampage) and its properly reignited my love of wrestling. It helps that they have been able to build their own stars in the short amount of time they've had too.

23 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Not watched wrestling since before CM Punk joined WWE in the first place but i've had Cult of Personality in my head all weekend and i've watched the video when he walks out about 5 times now and i've looked into AEW a bit more.

Looks exactly like the WWF in the 90s/early 00s. Genuinely fun and entertaining with some really talented people.

Might see if this will get me back into it all.

I think you might back into wrestling with AEW. It's really entertaining and keeps you interested. As well as AEW building their own stars there is names on the roster you'd recognise too which would help you get familiar with AEW such as CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Christian etc. I also think it's worth getting AEW Plus with Fite because Dynamite and Rampage are both included. Fite is only place you can watch Rampage at the moment in the UK because ITV haven't decided to air it yet for whatever reason. I think it's just under 4 pound a month for AEW Plus so the value in my opinion is brilliant and worth it.

Edited by sharpylcfc

2 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

I think you might back into wrestling with AEW. It's really entertaining and keeps you interested. As well as AEW building their own stars there is names on the roster you'd recognise too which would help you get familiar with AEW such as CM Punk, Chris Jericho, Christian etc. I also think it's worth getting AEW Plus with Fite because Dynamite and Rampage are both included. Fite is only place you can watch Rampage at the moment in the UK because ITV haven't decided to air it yet for whatever reason. I think it's just under 4 pound a month for AEW Plus so the value in my opinion is brilliant and worth it.

How does FITE.tv work in terms of rewatching stuff? Could probably find time to watch over the weekend but I wouldn't be interesting in watching live (assuming it's shown at around 3am).

18 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

How does FITE.tv work in terms of rewatching stuff? Could probably find time to watch over the weekend but I wouldn't be interesting in watching live (assuming it's shown at around 3am).

You can watch all episodes of Dynamite on demand on fite through AEW Plus same with Rampage aswell! Obviously the PPVs you do have to pay separately for though. I went back and watched Rampage and Punk's return again on Monday night. Hope this helps mate. If you go on Fite to AEW Plus it does tell what's included in the subscription too in case there is anything I've missed!

Edited by sharpylcfc
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

they are up pretty much straight away

On 22/08/2021 at 15:05, kingfox said:

Mate have you even watched aew lol

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

There's literally a bloke who thinks he's a t rex, they're both really silly programs 

That’s the gimmick.

At least they don’t piss about with Water Pistols, drive a scooter or even worse, cover other wrestlers in dog food.

11 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

There's literally a bloke who thinks he's a t rex, they're both really silly programs 

He calls himself that, his friends go along with it but the company don't say he is, same with Kris Statlander, she calls her self an alien, the commentators literally said that she obviously isn't and she does it to mess with her opponents so you have wacky people but not a wacky company

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They literally Did show tunes in one of their biggest feuds lol, it's amazing the mental gymnastics

What you wouldn’t get with WWE though, is matches like Britt Baker vs Thunder Rosa.

I’d rather watch badass matches like that, over the childish shit WWE produce, especially on Raw.

Both companies have problems, but AEW being TV 14 makes them more bearable.

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

They literally Did show tunes in one of their biggest feuds lol, it's amazing the mental gymnastics

In the storyline it was 2 arrogant heels paying for the TV time to show off and not the company's doing

What I think people forget sometimes is there SHOULD be an element of silliness to wrestling. It HAS to be wacky and ridiculous at times otherwise its just an elaborate, coordinated UFC. 

The problem comes when it's unbalanced. I've not watched WWE in about 6 years but I stopped watching it because the ratio between silly segments/promos and actual matches was way off. I don't know if it's still the same but there was the odd 5/7 minute match mixed in with about an hour and a half of senseless babbling. It became unwatchable so I stopped. 

One of the things that always makes me laugh when people claim wrestling should be edgy and hard hitting is they always use the attitude era as an example, conveniently forgetting that although it was more geared towards teens/young adults, it still had its silly side to it... Perry Saturn's love affair with a mop. May young giving birth to a giant hand,a 1950s sitcom character gimmick, William regal as a lumberjack etc etc.  

• Like 1