Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James the Fox

All Eliite Wrestling (AEW)

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Obviously, a good programme would be nice but wrestling takes priority. It's like going to Indy shows. The wrestling is the main course. Your not going to get much continuity from a company like say ICW. 

As it stands, AEW are one move away from cracking it. Someone like Heyman or Regal in a senior creative spot would elevate that company to no end. 

Just need to be patient with them until they get there. It's still a ridiculously young promotion. They've not got it all figured out yet but I guarantee they will. As soon as they figure out that an addition  like a Dean Malenko or a Billy Kidman is worth a 1000 Matt Hardys or Taz's as far as what they bring to the company. 

“It’s like going to indy shows” that’s not a good thing mate. It’s like watching PWG sometimes, nobody really caters for that shit, hence why they dropped to 800k this week. When they feature their better talent along with good storylines, they post a good number, Sting debuting and Omega winning the title posted a good number. Then they produce a show full of nothing matches featuring lower carders, and unsurprisingly their ratings drop.

They need someone on board who knows how to book a good Wrestling show consistently, because right now they don’t know the meaning of the word.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

“It’s like going to indy shows” that’s not a good thing mate. It’s like watching PWG sometimes, nobody really caters for that shit, hence why they dropped to 800k this week. When they feature their better talent along with good storylines, they post a good number, Sting debuting and Omega winning the title posted a good number. Then they produce a show full of nothing matches featuring lower carders, and unsurprisingly their ratings drop.

They need someone on board who knows how to book a good Wrestling show consistently, because right now they don’t know the meaning of the word.

That was exactly my point when I said that they are a Reagal/Heyman away from being a great wee promotion. 

I wouldnt knock the Indies. If you haven't already and get the chance to go see ICW do it. I've never saw them put on a bad show and without them you would never have had the likes of McIntyre, Finn Balor or most of the guys on the UK show. Even the likes of Ciampa and Aleister Black owe a bit to Mark Dallas and the lads in Glasgow. 

Thought they showed some real class on this weeks dynamite and how they put it together. I especially liked the stuff with MJF and wee Brodie, just because you saw how much the wee man enjoyed it and you could see that for a few minutes atleast, he wasn't thinking about his dad. 

• 6 months later...

Anyone still watching AEW?

Very strong rumours circulating. that they have signed Daniel Bryan and CM Punk 😲 

There doesn’t seem to be any smoke without fire in this case either. Rumour is Bryan is debuting in a few weeks at their New York Dynamite Grand Slam - and if I was to hazard a guess Punk would debut in Chicago around All Out time.

Gotta give them major props as well their TV the past few weeks has been excellent, the Hangman Page/Kenny Omega story is really kicking off into a higher gear now after the slow build since the beginning of the promotion. Loving how the Dark Order have slowly evolved into being the support Page needed but couldn’t ask for himself. 

its so refreshing after years of WWEs 50/50 booking and dodgy storylines that on occasions make no sense to have a wrestling product that is hitting the majority of the marks and taking their time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Anyone still watching AEW?

Very strong rumours circulating. that they have signed Daniel Bryan and CM Punk 😲 

There doesn’t seem to be any smoke without fire in this case either. Rumour is Bryan is debuting in a few weeks at their New York Dynamite Grand Slam - and if I was to hazard a guess Punk would debut in Chicago around All Out time.

Gotta give them major props as well their TV the past few weeks has been excellent, the Hangman Page/Kenny Omega story is really kicking off into a higher gear now after the slow build since the beginning of the promotion. Loving how the Dark Order have slowly evolved into being the support Page needed but couldn’t ask for himself. 

its so refreshing after years of WWEs 50/50 booking and dodgy storylines that on occasions make no sense to have a wrestling product that is hitting the majority of the marks and taking their time. 

Yup I watch it every week (only Dynamite, not the YouTube shows) and think some questionable booking decision aside it's really good fun to watch, worlds apart from WWcbeebies

6 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yup I watch it every week (only Dynamite, not the YouTube shows) and think some questionable booking decision aside it's really good fun to watch, worlds apart from WWcbeebies

What I love about AEW is I can only think of a few wrestlers who are kinda under-utilised - perhaps one being Luchasaurus who I personally really like. The rest have either the opportunity to grow or at least get themselves out there. It’s a good thing they’ve got that second show Rampage coming in the autumn as I think their only difficulty was trying to fit everyone on the show. Yeah WWE is way way behind them now, it’s just got silly how bad the booking and storylines are over there. 

I reckon Page will probably beat Omega at All Out which will be a moment - and then that frees up Omega for some huge matches with Punk and Bryan 🤤 

Yup, still watching Dynamite every week. 

It has really kicked up a gear since fans came back. I think what initially made them stand out was the crowd due to the demographic it's aimed at and it really lost a step due to lockdown. Good to get that back. 

I agree that they are making less booking errors which were undeniable at first. The chopping and changing of stables and tag teams was a thing that really annoyed me and they are still doing it to an extent but not so much. 

The addition of Punk and Danielson (much better name) is VERY exciting. Pretty much the two biggest wrestlers of the last 15 years.  I just hope to god they book it right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scotch said:

Yup, still watching Dynamite every week. 

It has really kicked up a gear since fans came back. I think what initially made them stand out was the crowd due to the demographic it's aimed at and it really lost a step due to lockdown. Good to get that back. 

I agree that they are making less booking errors which were undeniable at first. The chopping and changing of stables and tag teams was a thing that really annoyed me and they are still doing it to an extent but not so much. 

The addition of Punk and Danielson (much better name) is VERY exciting. Pretty much the two biggest wrestlers of the last 15 years.  I just hope to god they book it right.

I think it’s interesting how the Bryan Danielson and CM Punk news has “leaked” out - AEW generally speaking has done a good job of keeping backstage stuff very quiet when it comes to debuts - Kingston/Christian/Gage (this week) all come to mind.

While these two coming in is humongous news it’s no doubt in their favour to have this slip out - Punk has followed AEW today on twitter as have Living Colour (which suggests we know what music is gonna hit around the area) this shows they all wanted this to happen - they are guaranteed now some extra viewers the next few weeks as people anticipate the inevitable happening. All Out as a PPV could draw a mega buy rate just on the basis that people know the secret that CM Punk is gonna debut in Chicago. That pop he got at MITB vs Cena all those years ago was literally insane - and it’s coming again. 

• Like 1

Booking has been much improved, great to see them pull 1m + viewers live over the past couple of weeks and be the #1 show on cable. 

Tony Khan has done a fantastic job and have led the way in the industry where crowds are concerned. 

Final Countdown to hit in the Arthur Ashe stadium, the roof comes off. 

Cult Of Personality hits in Chi Town at All Out, we’re talking Austin 98 / Road Warrior / HHH MSG ‘02 pop. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

Booking has been much improved, great to see them pull 1m + viewers live over the past couple of weeks and be the #1 show on cable. 

Tony Khan has done a fantastic job and have led the way in the industry where crowds are concerned. 

Final Countdown to hit in the Arthur Ashe stadium, the roof comes off. 

Cult Of Personality hits in Chi Town at All Out, we’re talking Austin 98 / Road Warrior / HHH MSG ‘02 pop. 

I honestly think they should save them both for all in. 

Picture it...

They build up Danielsons appearance at all in for weeks. On the night, final countdown hits. Out he comes. The crowd go wild and he milks the entrance for as long as possible. Finally, after what seems like forever, the crowd settle down. He brings the mic to his lips, takes a breath to speak and...... 'Cult of personality' plays! Out comes Punk! 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Picture it...

They build up Danielsons appearance at all in for weeks. On the night, final countdown hits. Out he comes. The crowd go wild and he milks the entrance for as long as possible. Finally, after what seems like forever, the crowd settle down. He brings the mic to his lips, takes a breath to speak and...... 'Cult of personality' plays! Out comes Punk! 

That would be absolutely insane. 

I wondered if they’d go for both on the same night myself - however I think they both have different programs to start off as they’ve both worked together in WWE. 

I see Hangman Page defeating Kenny Omega for the title at All Out - and the Dark Order carrying him to the back victorious leaving a devastated Omega being consoled in the ring by Don Callis - when Cult of Personality hits and Punk comes down. Punk soaks it up, takes his time before grabbing a microphone and standing across from Omega - “Kenny Omega...my name is CM Punk - and I’M (emphasis on the I’m) the best in the world!” GTS from Punk rubbing salt into the wound of the fallen ex-champion.

Punk/Omega is such a big feud it doesn’t need the title - and makes perfect sense to jump straight in - also allowing Page to get his World Title after the years of build as well, win/win

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

I wondered if they’d go for both on the same night myself - however I think they both have different programs to start off as they’ve both worked together in WWE. 

I see Hangman Page defeating Kenny Omega for the title at All Out - and the Dark Order carrying him to the back victorious leaving a devastated Omega being consoled in the ring by Don Callis - when Cult of Personality hits and Punk comes down. Punk soaks it up, takes his time before grabbing a microphone and standing across from Omega - “Kenny Omega...my name is CM Punk - and I’M (emphasis on the I’m) the best in the world!” GTS from Punk rubbing salt into the wound of the fallen ex-champion.

Punk/Omega is such a big feud it doesn’t need the title - and makes perfect sense to jump straight in - also allowing Page to get his World Title after the years of build as well, win/win

Assuming they will both be face. I imagine Danielson certainly will be but Punk is a far better heel. 

Saying that, the initial pops they will get, it will make it hard for either to be anything but face, they will need to build up some heat and if they need a monster heel... Brawn Strowman is right there. I could see (like you say) Hangman winning the title and the Dark Order eventualy turning on him under their new leader Strowman. Which would be a nice nod to Brodie. 

Also, if Punk DID make his debut in Chicago, I would like to see Cobana involved. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Assuming they will both be face. I imagine Danielson certainly will be but Punk is a far better heel. 

Saying that, the initial pops they will get, it will make it hard for either to be anything but face, they will need to build up some heat and if they need a monster heel... Brawn Strowman is right there. I could see (like you say) Hangman winning the title and the Dark Order eventualy turning on him under their new leader Strowman. Which would be a nice nod to Brodie. 

Also, if Punk DID make his debut in Chicago, I would like to see Cobana involved. 

Yeah I don’t see any way either will be anything but faces when they come in. Punk will eventually turn no doubt about it as he loves the freedom a heel persona brings - but in someways AEW has a more modern take I think, technically Britt Baker is their top female heel right now but she draws a face-type reaction. They blur the lines a bit more and have more character-driven focus than the stereotypical face/heel dynamics I feel. 

Saying that I’m loving the face Dark Order, I dunno if I want them to have another top star lead them myself - perhaps somewhere down the line, make it like a decent, “higher power”

storyline where there’s someone else pulling the strings who’s already on the roster and there’s a big reveal (perhaps Malakai Black fits the mould?) but I kinda like how they’ve evolved into this plucky little face/underdog group. I’m genuinely looking forward to see how they book the 5 vs 5 elimination tag verses the Elite next week, the sort of match AEW could randomly highlight say John Silver who’s been excellent and give him a decent run. 

The Punk/Cabana thing is interesting but I’m guessing they’ve probably already had a chat and have put things to rest a bit, led by Tony Khan no doubt. I can see a backstage moment the first few weeks where they “bump into” each other and say a few words.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2021 at 10:10, Scotch said:

Picture it...

Love this. If it happens like that would be insane. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

I need to start watching AEW again is the most recent dynamite the best place to start?

I would go back a couple of weeks. Just to ease yourself in. I suppose, either way you'll be jumping into certain fueds half way but tou can't really avoid that. 

• Like 1

Not watched any Wrestling in months, started to completely go off it, AEW signing Punk & Bryan though will definitely get me back watching, the types of signings that can make a real difference.

I just wish AEW would stop showcasing their shitter talent though, that’s the problem with Dynamite, sometimes it’s basically the equivalent of AEW Dark.

Seeing Bryan or Punk take on the likes of Janela has zero appeal to it.

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

I would go back a couple of weeks. Just to ease yourself in. I suppose, either way you'll be jumping into certain fueds half way but tou can't really avoid that. 

Thanks mate really appreciate it! I see that rumours are flying round that Tony Khan could be announcing a UK tour this week.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Thanks mate really appreciate it! I see that rumours are flying round that Tony Khan could be announcing a UK tour this week.

I've not saw that but I wouldn't be surprised. They do really big numbers over here due to the fact it's on terrestrial TV. Cody put a tweet out about it a wee while back. 

• Like 1