Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James the Fox

All Eliite Wrestling (AEW)

As we're approaching the Double or Nothing event held on May the 25th, i doubt there's any fan in the world that's not eager to see how that event is going to unfold. I wanna say i'm so hyped up about it, but on the other hand i also want to be sceptical :cool:

They already announced more signings: 

https://whatculture.com/wwe/aew-sign-four-new-talents

Curiosity is becoming greater as we enter the last 30-days-period before the big event :glare:

cody-rhodes-aew-1-696x392.jpg

It doesn't fill me with confidence that of all the UK indie talent available they brought in Jimmy Havoc. Hope it's enough of a success that it forces the WWE to treat their employees like human beings though. I'll probably stick with ICW.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Yes me. They have recently pushed Kenny Omega big time and started a partnership with Impact wrestling (formerly TNA). Its worth a watch. Roster is inconsistent and booking can be too but worth it for the good shows.

Yeah seen that i normally watch impact to be honest, think the promotion working together is good for the wrestling business after wcw went 

The booking is fairly dreadful at times but they still have the ability to put on great matches because they are still more interested in putting on actual wrestling matches BUT their writing needs to improve. It's  so inconsistent at times, they just drop programmes like that. 

Iv just started watching it after being talked to about it endlessly. 

first match I watched was fantastic, young bucks v 2 young guys having their first match. Really nice, impressed with the actual matches Iv seen, I know all the ex WWE guys and Omega but apart from them they are all new to me. 

hope the story lines are good, I need some new wrestling in my life as WWE is utter garbage 

14 hours ago, NorthWalesFox said:

Iv just started watching it after being talked to about it endlessly. 

first match I watched was fantastic, young bucks v 2 young guys having their first match. Really nice, impressed with the actual matches Iv seen, I know all the ex WWE guys and Omega but apart from them they are all new to me. 

hope the story lines are good, I need some new wrestling in my life as WWE is utter garbage 

Just enjoy the matches. The matches are great. Their writing is often all over the place and you have to overlook it at times but hopefully that gets better as the company matures. 

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Just enjoy the matches. The matches are great. Their writing is often all over the place and you have to overlook it at times but hopefully that gets better as the company matures. 

Anyone one I should be looking out for? I know the ex WWE guys and what they are about but apart from them they are all new to me

21 minutes ago, NorthWalesFox said:

Anyone one I should be looking out for? I know the ex WWE guys and what they are about but apart from them they are all new to me

Darby Allin, Sammy Guevarra, Orange Cassidy, Ricky Starks,Eddie Kingston and MJF are all capable of great matches. 

Alot of strong tag teams like Santana and Ortiz, Jurrasic Express, Private party, Best friends, the Lucha bros. 

MJF and Orange Cassidy are my personal faves of the newer guys. Cassidy has a great gimmick and MJF is a future star. His mic skills are great. He's great in the ring and as a heel, you genuinely dislike him. 

Their womans division is piss poor though. 

28 minutes ago, NorthWalesFox said:

5 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Darby Allin, Sammy Guevarra, Orange Cassidy, Ricky Starks,Eddie Kingston and MJF are all capable of great matches. 

Alot of strong tag teams like Santana and Ortiz, Jurrasic Express, Private party, Best friends, the Lucha bros. 

MJF and Orange Cassidy are my personal faves of the newer guys. Cassidy has a great gimmick and MJF is a future star. His mic skills are great. He's great in the ring and as a heel, you genuinely dislike him. 

Their womans division is piss poor though. 

Hangman Page too actually. Really like him, he has an air of early Austin about him. Before he went bald and became Stone Cold. 

2 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

lol too many matches feature lower card bums.

Past two weeks the quality has been utter shite, this weeks episode was one of the worst I’ve seen them produce.

They are too inconsistent to strongly care about them, I wouldn’t bother @NorthWalesFox you’ll enjoy it for a few weeks, then you’ll realise they are nothing more than inconsistent, and you’ll be left wondering why you even bothered.

49 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Past two weeks the quality has been utter shite, this weeks episode was one of the worst I’ve seen them produce.

They are too inconsistent to strongly care about them, I wouldn’t bother @NorthWalesFox you’ll enjoy it for a few weeks, then you’ll realise they are nothing more than inconsistent, and you’ll be left wondering why you even bothered.

Like I said, the writing is underwhelming at the best of times but it doesn't need to be consistent to hold good matches and that's all I'm in it for. Bucks V TH2 was good this week. Cassidy/MJF was decent. 

If I wanted an over infatuation with storylines, I'd watch WWE. I don't. I wan't to watch decent wrestling matches and AEW deliver most weeks. 

54 minutes ago, kingfox said:

As for "lower card bums". 

The company decides who is lower card and who are main eventers. Not ability. Guys like Jack Evans, Matt Sydal  Kaz and Scorpio Sky have been putting on 5* matches all over the world for years. Give me any one of them over crap like Hager, Wardlow, Cage and Dustin Rhodes who all find themselves higher on the card anyway of the week. 

13 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Like I said, the writing is underwhelming at the best of times but it doesn't need to be consistent to hold good matches and that's all I'm in it for. Bucks V TH2 was good this week. Cassidy/MJF was decent. 

If I wanted an over infatuation with storylines, I'd watch WWE. I don't. I wan't to watch decent wrestling matches and AEW deliver most weeks. 

So you watch a weekly wrestling show just for matches and no storylines, weird. 

If you care about matches so much go watch NJPW, quality is far better.

They had bloody Omega vs Janela as their main event this week, that’s the equivalent of McIntyre wrestling Tozawa in the main event of Raw, hardly anybody would care. Hence why their ratings continue to flip flop.

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

So you watch a weekly wrestling show just for matches and no storylines, weird. 

If you care about matches so much go watch NJPW, quality is far better.

They had bloody Omega vs Janela as their main event this week, that’s the equivalent of McIntyre wrestling Tozawa in the main event of Raw, hardly anybody would care. Hence why their ratings continue to flip flop.

Obviously, a good programme would be nice but wrestling takes priority. It's like going to Indy shows. The wrestling is the main course. Your not going to get much continuity from a company like say ICW. 

As it stands, AEW are one move away from cracking it. Someone like Heyman or Regal in a senior creative spot would elevate that company to no end. 

Just need to be patient with them until they get there. It's still a ridiculously young promotion. They've not got it all figured out yet but I guarantee they will. As soon as they figure out that an addition  like a Dean Malenko or a Billy Kidman is worth a 1000 Matt Hardys or Taz's as far as what they bring to the company.