Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James the Fox

All Eliite Wrestling (AEW)

I was recommended to start watching this, being an old school wrestling fan, and I must admit I’ve been impressed. It seems like they’ve rolled back the clock to try and recapture the feel of 90’s and early 00’s wrestling, aiming it more at older audiences. I’ve not watched WWF since about 2004 but from hearing things it’s turned into a steaming pile of shit. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I was recommended to start watching this, being an old school wrestling fan, and I must admit I’ve been impressed. It seems like they’ve rolled back the clock to try and recapture the feel of 90’s and early 00’s wrestling, aiming it more at older audiences. I’ve not watched WWF since about 2004 but from hearing things it’s turned into a steaming pile of shit. 

Wrestling’s a funny thing - when it’s done well there really isn’t anything else like it. When it’s done badly (as sadly the WWE has been for a long, long time) it becomes unwatchable. WWE really forgot the basics of television a while ago, a lot of their storylines weren’t very well thought out - or would have no investment or payoff, so I lapsed away from it as there was no investment to be had. 

Compare that to AEW and they have storylines that have been going since day 1 and are still relevant to the show today (Adam Page here’s to your story 👍) as a lapsed wrestling fan I gotta say they’ve knocked a lot of things out of the park as a company. Futures bright so enjoy!

8 minutes ago, TAFKA Castroneves said:

Wrestling’s a funny thing - when it’s done well there really isn’t anything else like it. When it’s done badly (as sadly the WWE has been for a long, long time) it becomes unwatchable. WWE really forgot the basics of television a while ago, a lot of their storylines weren’t very well thought out - or would have no investment or payoff, so I lapsed away from it as there was no investment to be had. 

Compare that to AEW and they have storylines that have been going since day 1 and are still relevant to the show today (Adam Page here’s to your story 👍) as a lapsed wrestling fan I gotta say they’ve knocked a lot of things out of the park as a company. Futures bright so enjoy!

Yea I think you’re right. The best thing that happened two WWE was WCW, they bit off more than they could chew and simply stole all of the rotting old sweats and allowed the young talent to shine. Vince was lucky to have such an incredible pool of talent across all of the different sections of the company, and their ability, charisma and willing to do anything saved his company, since then they’ve just slowly stagnated to the point of over production and lifeless superstars. 

The last bits I saw were the Undertakers final days, and they were frankly pathetic for such a legend of the business, seemed like it was a decision made by someone losing their marbles. 

Like you say, when it’s done properly it can be such a great thing to follow, and AEW so far appear to be doing all of the right things. 

So last night's Dynamite beat Mondays RAW ratings in the 18-49 demo. That's massive and a massive step in the right direction. I'm actually expecting it to happen more and more. RAW's viewership will be getting split from now on because of the NFL's return and if AEW keep the momentum they have right now, I imagine they will smash the million and a half viewers that they nearly got last night. 

14 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The demo means **** all lol

All due respect mate, that's total bullsh!t. 

In modern day TV, networks almost exclusively base decisions purely on this demographic. 

In the 80s and 90s, the total viewership had all the focus but now, networks like TNT place far more importance on this age group as THIS is the age group that attacks advertising revenue. The more money they bring in for the network, the more money the company makes and the more money they can spend to improve the product. 

Not to mention, this demographic has more of an impact on things like PPV buys. 

1 hour ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

The demographic is what the dirt sheet marks used to give them victories when they lost, if dynamite was beating raw every week you wouldn't hear anything about the demographics

It's also what advertisers use to make money and that's the money that they pay to TV networks, which is the same money that they then pay Wrestling companies who give bumper contracts to names like CM Punk and Bryan Danielson. 

This isn't just a wrestling thing. Figures provided by companies like Nielsen litteraly shape the television industry because advertising is king. That's why TV shows in America traditionally start in the "fall". Because it coincides with new car models and it maximises sales directly acquired through advertising and THAT'S because they advertise to key demographics that are watch certain programing. 

Demographic is everything to TV companies and as long as wrestling is on TV, it will be everything to them. It's niave to think otherwise. 

• Haha 1

Another new one to watching here and yeah I'm sold already.

Was an avid wrestling fan during the Attitude era then popped in and out during the Punk v WWE days but nothing since but have been pestered to give this a go by a couple of mates at work.

All it took was a couple of videos of Jericho's entrance, the music cutting out and the entire arena giving it the full beans to every single word.....im in!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Another new one to watching here and yeah I'm sold already.

Was an avid wrestling fan during the Attitude era then popped in and out during the Punk v WWE days but nothing since but have been pestered to give this a go by a couple of mates at work.

All it took was a couple of videos of Jericho's entrance, the music cutting out and the entire arena giving it the full beans to every single word.....im in!!

On 09/09/2021 at 22:08, Pliskin said:

Great that AEW is getting new viewers! It is a new breath of life for pro wrestling which WWE was driving into an early grave. Keep watching, will get better and better over the next few weeks with the big names that have just come in. Just wish itv4 would put it on at a better timeslot!

1 hour ago, NuneatonFox1 said:

Absolute amazing from both AEW & Martha Hart. 

Pretty cool but I've never liked Martha Hart. In fact, there isn't many in the Hart Family that come across like decent people. Owen was too good for them. Helen and Stu seem decent too. 

15 hours ago, Scotch said:

Pretty cool but I've never liked Martha Hart. In fact, there isn't many in the Hart Family that come across like decent people. Owen was too good for them. Helen and Stu seem decent too. 

watch the Dark Side of the Ring ep on Owen, you'll change your mind on Martha also track down her appearance on Talk is Jericho

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

watch the Dark Side of the Ring ep on Owen, you'll change your mind on Martha also track down her appearance on Talk is Jericho

I read her book....

Her comments about Austin after he broke his neck were ridiculous. Also, she spent the whole book talking about how the lawsuit was about holding people accountable for their actions and not about money, them she settles. She came across as very disingenuous.

2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Aye. I like Stu from what I've read. Hos Mrs, Helen too. The daughters seem like total cvnts though. 

I like Bruce as well, he has a bit of a reputation but he had rough life too, seems like a nice bloke but a little bitter in certain areas, which does seem a bit of a hart family trait

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I read her book....

Her comments about Austin after he broke his neck were ridiculous. Also, she spent the whole book talking about how the lawsuit was about holding people accountable for their actions and not about money, them she settles. She came across as very disingenuous.

she explained on Darkside, she was dead set on dragging them through court but her Lawyers made her realise it was a civil case and was only ever going to be about money no one would be going to jail at that point she settled as she was never going to get what she wanted to it wasn't worth the time.

If you really think she is the bad person in all this then you are so far in the Vince bubble there is no hope for you

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

she explained on Darkside, she was dead set on dragging them through court but her Lawyers made her realise it was a civil case and was only ever going to be about money no one would be going to jail at that point she settled as she was never going to get what she wanted to it wasn't worth the time.

If you really think she is the bad person in all this then you are so far in the Vince bubble there is no hope for you

Mate, I despise Vince McMahon. I just don't get how you can go from "Owen deserves his day in court" to "I can do alot with that money" (both direct quotes from her book) and still come across as genuine. 

Also, like I said to call Austin a liar and accuse him of faking a broken neck to try and discredit him because of an accident caused by her husband is pretty poor form. Especially since she wasn't "smart" about the business until she met Owen and knew very little.