Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
OXUTD

Elliot Moore

On 30/07/2019 at 22:38, OXUTD said:

Hi all, Oxford United fan here!

We have been strongly linked with a permanent move for young centre half Elliot Moore this afternoon. 

Any thoughts from regulars that watch the under 23’s/have kept track of him? What’s he like? Good signing for League One!?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Best of luck for the new season! :)

I don't have a clear view of the level in the League One. But what i can tell you of Elliot is, that he was immediately important for us in his first season. Even though he clearly has his defects, he made a strong impression. But the second season, his level dropped significantly. After Pearson got sacked, he started to find his mojo again.

As for his defects, like i said last year, i don't think he'll ever play in the Premier League. I'm having trouble finding the best English word... Because of his size, he's very slow to get going, he's the opposite of agile. He does have good positioning and he's very strong in the air, wins his fair share of headers and then some. He's a threat with free kicks and corners. But when facing fast, quicksilver, technical players, he will probably suffer, as i don't see him become more agile or faster considering his current age.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lizhang said:

I don't have a clear view of the level in the League One. But what i can tell you of Elliot is, that he was immediately important for us in his first season. Even though he clearly has his defects, he made a strong impression. But the second season, his level dropped significantly. After Pearson got sacked, he started to find his mojo again.

As for his defects, like i said last year, i don't think he'll ever play in the Premier League. I'm having trouble finding the best English word... Because of his size, he's very slow to get going, he's the opposite of agile. He does have good positioning and he's very strong in the air, wins his fair share of headers and then some. He's a threat with free kicks and corners. But when facing fast, quicksilver, technical players, he will probably suffer, as i don't see him become more agile or faster considering his current age.

This is one of our resident OH Leuven supporters by the way, so will have a better take than most on him. 

• Like 1