Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

The 2010s: Leicester City’s team of the Decade

Add Chillwell and Tielemans for Fuchs and Drinkwater.

Can this be set up as a poll? I don't know how to do that but it would be interesting to see where we landed collectively.

2 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Feel like a lot of people are bitter. For me though two years is too little time for a team of the decade.

Regardless, he was never anywhere near as good as Huth and Morgan were in our title winning season.

I don't think that's bitterness, he simply wouldn't get in this side, regardless of whether we include longevity or not.

26 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Go back to my posts on here, I'm not bitter, I never saw Maguire as this solid defender other people made him out to be. He used to make similar mistakes to Morgan but they'd get glossed over because it was Maguire.

Evans is better than Maguire and Soyuncu has that pace to get us out of trouble more (I remember conceding at Huddersfield when Maguire got turned and couldn't recover). Huth was indispensable to us in terms of staying up and then winning the league and Morgan was also solid when we won the league (well, two leagues).

Solid? He was the best defender in the country! Honestly, think people are forgetting just how good Morgan was in the title-winning side - he was better than Huth (not taking anything away from Huth's performances) who had a slow start to the season.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Sampson said:

Regardless, he was never anywhere near as good as Huth and Morgan were in our title winning season.

I don't think that's bitterness, he simply wouldn't get in this side, regardless of whether we include longevity or not.

Solid? He was the best defender in the country! Honestly, think people are forgetting just how good Morgan was in the title-winning side - he was better than Huth (not taking anything away from Huth's performances) who had a slow start to the season.

I would include Huth as well over him. I just find it slightly funny that a few months ago he was the best thing since sliced bread, now he struggles to get a complement on here.

On 27/11/2019 at 18:57, Steve Earle said:

Much to be said for picking the title winning XI, but where’s the fun in that?! The current side is significantly better anyway, it just happens to be competing against two outstanding teams. 

Going for Puel & Brendan’s 4141:

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Huth

Fuchs (just! Chilwell now better than Fuchs other than 15/16)

Ndidi

Mahrez (wouldn’t have him back, but the most skilful player I’ve ever seen in a blue shirt)

Tielemans

Maddison

Albrighton (might have to swap with Mahrez to help protect Ricky!) 

Vardy

oh and hello @ealingfox, from the Ealing Park Tavern!

I used to watch the London Broncos when they played at Griffin Park.I always popped in the Ealing Park Tavern on the way to and from the ground.Brillant Sunday dinner pub.Did an excellent Heineken Export 👍🍻🍻

5 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Feel like a lot of people are bitter. For me though two years is too little time for a team of the decade.

Wasn’t being bitter or gloating about it, just feeling joyful that we have a player valued that highly in the wider football world that comes roughly 5th in our ‘best centre back of the decade’ list...

Edited by Oxfordfox83

On 27/11/2019 at 08:22, ozleicester said:

Logan

Paintsill    Bakyogo    Mills    Ball

Gallagher     Wellens      Johnson

Beckford    Futacs    Kermorgant (decent)

What are you smoking?

Surely Michael Lamey in at right back and Leon Crnic for Futacs!

• Haha 1

On 28/11/2019 at 22:07, Heathrow fox said:

I used to watch the London Broncos when they played at Griffin Park.I always popped in the Ealing Park Tavern on the way to and from the ground.Brillant Sunday dinner pub.Did an excellent Heineken Export 👍🍻🍻

First ever visit, and don't know if I'll ever be in Ealing again, but it had some great beers on :beer:

• Like 1