Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
KingsX

The 2010s: Leicester City’s team of the Decade

12 minutes ago, KingsX said:

With the decade closing halfway through this most promising season, it's a difficult time to undertake such an exercise.  Rob Tanner fudged and went 4-3-3 in picking this XI:

2010sXI.PNG.e6a27fe057e9eaa01f338d141544d0d2.PNG

https://theathletic.com/1361852/2019/11/27/the-2010s-leicester-citys-team-of-the-decade/

Yours?

The same 11 but swap out Drinkwater for Ndidi

• Like 2

Only change I'd consider making to the OP is swapping Drinkwater for Cambiasso or Ndidi (Tielemans hasn't played enough yet), but Drinkwater is a fine choice too.

Can't argue with any of the rest.

Choosing Soyunchu over Wes or Tielemans over Albrighton based on less than 30 games is silly - Morgan and Albrighton have had more great game at the highest level this decade than Soyunchu or Tielemans even have had games - not to mention scored some of the most legendary goals in that time.

Can someone copy and paste the text article do I dont have to download the app?

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4

If you're judging on contribution to the club then it's got to be the title winning side but in ability terms alone you could argue a case for the likes of Evans and Youri.

Chilwell pushes Fuchs close for me as Chilwell has been really good for nearly two seasons now. I think Fuchs was really good for that one season.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

image.png.ae9f2fe6e4329c4f875fdf3a7b82a9d1.pngHard to argue with that really. Ricardo is a substantial upgrade on Simmo, and while we definitely have some better players in our current squad, they won’t be associated with this decade-they’re for the team of the 20’s!

The formation unnerves me slightly-it’s more like a 4-4-1-1, and this season we’ve done well with Perez, Barnes and Maddison cutting in and pushing up to support JV-not sure that’s so much in Albrighton’s game. But replacing DD or Maddison for Shinji seems a step too far... 

So in conclusion, I agree with Tanner...

53 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Only change I'd consider making to the OP is swapping Drinkwater for Cambiasso or Ndidi (Tielemans hasn't played enough yet), but Drinkwater is a fine choice too.

Can't argue with any of the rest.

Choosing Soyunchu over Wes or Tielemans over Albrighton based on less than 30 games is silly - Morgan and Albrighton have had more great game at the highest level this decade than Soyunchu or Tielemans even have had games - not to mention scored some of the most legendary goals in that time.

Can someone copy and paste the text article do I dont have to download the app?

I see your point but Cambiasso barely played more than 30 and lost most of them. Great player is a great player irrelevant of how many games they played Kante only played 37 and the first few were as a sub.

It really depends on how you look at the question.

Leicester City 2015/16 is the team of the decade it's the team of the century/millennium. But if you are picking the best 11 players to play for Leicester this decade Simpson and Okazaki don't get a look in. Drinkwater and Albrighton are very unlikely to get in. If you are picking a balanced team to play a game of football that is another thing entirely.

• Like 2

Team of the decade if done on achievement over the last decade has to be the title winning XI. Nothing else makes sense.

Schmeichel

Simpson

Morgan

Huth

Fuchs

Mahrez

Drinkwater

Kante

Albrighton

Okazaki

Vardy

The likes of Maddison, Ndidi, Tielemans, Ricardo, Chilwell etc will hopefully be in team of the decade 2020s.

Edited by Oswinner
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Logan

Paintsill    Bakyogo    Mills    Ball

Gallagher     Wellens      Johnson

Beckford    Futacs    Kermorgant (decent)

Lol. But in all seriousness, it shows how rapid and meteoric our rise has been that these players and then the players in the OP have played for our club in the same decade. 

It it took us less than 3 years to upgrade Johnson to Cambiasso!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Wellens and Gallagher should be nowhere near the same names as Ball and John Paintsill.

Wellens was our best midfielder for a while, Gallagher used to get at least 10 goals a season and both contributed to great success under Pearson when we finished 5th and that team shouldn't be forgotten.

To be fair.. i was a big Gallagher fan, he was a high point in some ugly games...( i put him in due to forum generalised dislike) and Wellens... well its his own fault :)

13 minutes ago, Bazly said:

I'd have the Argentinian over Drinkwater any day any year. Estevan Cambiasso was an amazing footballer and instrumental in our great escape. Worth 10 Drinkwaters.

There's no doubting Cambiasso was an "amazing footballer" but if we're going on contributions to the club then it's Drinkwater as he was an essential part of two title winning sides.

Edited by Fox92

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Amazed no one's put King in yet. If we're talking contribution over the decade then there's no one who contributed more over the prolonged period than him.

Schmeichel and Morgan have in fairness.

For me:

Albrighton     Vardy         Mahrez

King       Ndidi    Drinkwater

Fuchs     Morgan    Huth     Simpson

Schmeichel

Is it the best in terms of ability? No but these have given us consistently good seasons, Maddison, Tielemans, Ricardo et al are all brilliant but haven't been here long enough to be in a TOTD imo

Edited by Stadt