Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

Rugby Union 2020

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t see the problem ……

looked like a perfectly reasonable tackle ……

I worry for the future of rugby - it’s changed so much over the past thirty years.  The forwards used to fight it out amongst themselves and then the ball would occasionally arrive with the backs who used to try and side stel their way to the try line. It’s become more about running over your opponent at speed than around them.  Too dangerous !

Do you fancy standing in for the number 9 whilst we replicate the tackle to talk it through?!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, FoxyPV said:

JFC!!!! What a win!! What a match!!!!

IRELAND 🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪

A great win, we looked good and I was convinced they were going to win until we went 9 ahead. Dont think I drew breath in over 2 hours....

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 1

Just now, Nalis said:

A great win, we looked good and I was convinced they were going to win until we went 9 ahead. Dont think I drew breathe in over 2 hours....

My nerves were wrecked.

The ABs were bullied today but had several moments of absolute class. Their defence in spite of getting beaten was amazing. We threw away so many opportunities within 5m 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just heard on Radio 4, the joint bid from the BBC and ITV worth £460million has secured terrestrial coverage of the Six Nations for the next four years. This will also filter down to teams and increase prize money. As senior partners, ITV get to show home matches of England, Ireland, France and Italy, BBC get Wales and Scotland, the former being particularly significant to the deal given the proportional popularity of the game amongst the Welsh public. Very good news this, but it took a colossal sum to wrest it from the evil all reaching tendrils of pay to view TV. 

• 7 months later...

Citing means it's being reviewed, will most likely get a noteworthy ban. Its not legal no and more than that, its something WR have asked refs to watch out for (targeting legs at rucks) for exactly this reason. 

It should have been picked up. The ref is notoriously poor, the standards of French refereeing in general aren't great in the sport and he made a complete pigs ear of the entire match. 

Owens made a fair point in saying its a borderline yellow/red that can go both ways and is subjective to a point, he argued we should be careful making a ruling based on the outcome. Whilst he's right, the injury is so bad that I think it's unavoidable that it will end up putting a bias on the verdict, especially given - as I said - world rugby have specifically looked to reduce these incidents. 

• Like 1