Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fuchsntf

One just Loves the media...!!!

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

It's quite nice in a way, it feels like they're starting to accept that this is where we belong.

After Liverpool beat us on Boxing Day some of their fans were goading us saying we're definitely not in a title race.

Guys, 7 years ago we were more used to the mid table of the CHAMPIONSHIP, let alone the ****ing Premier League.

We might be in a slump now but I hope we all appreciate that to even be where we are now, despite what happened in 2015/16, is ****ing insane for a club like us.

Agreed, but I hope we capitalise on the “Big club disarray” it’s a chance to solidify the clubs growth and turnover.

• Like 1

Is mad when you think about it. But it’s all relative! 

it’s okay saying but think how you felt when we were shit in the championship and look at how far we’ve come. Yeah that was then and this is now. Obviously I’d take being one of the best teams theoretically in the country as opposed to what can feel like being in a dog fight in the dungeon of the championship (and below) but the expectations have changed - we are where we are and our frustrations are born out of that. 

It’s fine to accept where we’ve come from but we’ve proved, more than once that we can beat the very best in this league with the resources we’ve got - which is probably why the past month or so has felt so shit. We know we can be a handful on our day but we just haven’t been and nobody really knows why so obviously it’s ****ing annoying haha 

For the record it isn’t being spoilt either it’s just baffling, like football almost always is. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

It's quite nice in a way, it feels like they're starting to accept that this is where we belong.

After Liverpool beat us on Boxing Day some of their fans were goading us saying we're definitely not in a title race.

Guys, 7 years ago we were more used to the mid table of the CHAMPIONSHIP, let alone the ****ing Premier League.

We might be in a slump now but I hope we all appreciate that to even be where we are now, despite what happened in 2015/16, is ****ing insane for a club like us.

3 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Agreed, but I hope we capitalise on the “Big club disarray” it’s a chance to solidify the clubs growth and turnover.

Both excellent points.

The downside however is expectation level has grown. And there's a part of our fan base is spoilt because of what happened. Also theres a few that know nothing but success. And I know theres plenty of young lads that just want to go for the day out, the atmosphere the banter with mates etc, like many of us used to. But theres a fair few bandwagoners as well that have cash so go more for the prestige than to support the club. 

They don't know Filbert St. They don't know the mid 2000s the high was great for those that did because they knew the real downs.

Also football culture in this country changed. Many think for the better. Some disagree. I fall half way between. If I'm honest I love being able to take my lad without the hassle I had as a kid. But it's also lost its edge, that feeling of nerves.

I will never stop going or supporting the club, but it has become very sterile recently. Next season the CL is the only thing I'm looking forward to right now if I'm really blunt.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

Saying we have slipped to third in the league is completely accurate. We were second and now we're not. What other verb would you have them use? lol

Plummeted. 3rd is basically bottom of the Mini Premier League at the minute anyway :ph34r:

• Haha 2

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Saying we have slipped to third in the league is completely accurate. We were second and now we're not. What other verb would you have them use? lol

This. It's just a standard verb for a team that was in one position but has fallen to a lower position. That's it. The level of paranoia about the media among some of our fans is quite something to behold ;)

• Like 2

Guest An Sionnach

The shambles of Ranieri's second season left a lot of scars and any downturn in form brings out the old worries but that's why we have Rodgers . He offers stability and a top six challenge every year . He has the players ( mostly) so it's basically down to him to deliver.

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Apparently according to All outlets...

Leicester City who have Slipped to 3rd in the Premier-League..!!!

Not long ago We would of sold our granny, to hear or read such reports..!!!

They just Don t get it, do they..!!

I think your being a bit touchy tbh over a single word which accurately describes falling from one position that you were in for a little while to one slightly lower.  It doesn't mean that anyone thinks your not having a fantastic season, the word 'slipped'. 

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Like I said..some Dont Really  get it..!!  F%&k The verb..!!:P

2 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

The pedantic nature of the OP and the fact it takes about 10 mins to decipher any of his post means I just tend to usually scroll past when I see his name. 

(Although I don’t mind bashing the media for being cvnts now and then, so thought I’d read anyway - just same usual sort of post from him tho :thumbdown:

Attack & Mob the poster...

Yup....hippy-ay-ye. ... In hysterics...:crylaugh:

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Glad I’ve given u a laugh today so you can stop crying over one word a journalist wrote :D 

Wrong....!!  Actually different  Reporters from various outlets.. "Said". 

With our History I found it funny....So it seems ,others also understood..!!!   But you have to take a Crack at the poster...

and they say Germans have no sense of humour...!