Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

Do you own your own business / Self employed?

I've just sold my business that I spent over 20 years building up. I loved doing it at the time, some great experiencesand the sense of achievement was great but I also sacrificed a lot to get to this point and right now I'm questioning whether it was really worth what I put into it in the end. I loved the autonomy but I think size and money blinded me a bit

5 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

I've just sold my business that I spent over 20 years building up. I loved doing it at the time, some great experiencesand the sense of achievement was great but I also sacrificed a lot to get to this point and right now I'm questioning whether it was really worth what I put into it in the end. I loved the autonomy but I think size and money blinded me a bit

What did you do?

What was your business?

1 hour ago, Fosse93 said:

Having my own business really appeals to me, it's something I've wanted to do for a long time - trouble is, I've no groundbreaking idea to get things started lol

Having your own business doesn’t always require having a groundbreaking idea first mate.

As long as you enjoy doing whatever it is, as long as you’re good at it, and as long as you’re better than you’re competitors, you should be fine.

• Like 1

On 09/02/2020 at 11:40, Izzy said:

Having your own business doesn’t always require having a groundbreaking idea first mate.

As long as you enjoy doing whatever it is, as long as you’re good at it, and as long as you’re better than you’re competitors, you should be fine.

Theo Paphitis said this:

"I've never had an original idea in my life, I've just taken someone else's and executed it better than they did"

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, koop. said:

Theo Paphitis said this:

"I've never had an original idea in my life, I've just taken someone else's and executed it better than they did"

Exactly this. I got told by a former boss a similar thing. Just nick someone else's idea and do it better and/or cheaper. 

I took that mantra to the letter and worked for myself for 8 years (til.i got bored. Even your own business can be boring)

Edited by Paninistickers

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Exactly this. I got told by a former boss a similar thing. Just nick someone else's idea and do it better and/or cheaper. 

I took that mantra to the letter and worked for myself for 8 years (til.i got bored. Even your own business can be boring)

I also started a business, which is now 3 and half years young, with exactly the same mindset. I knew the area i was in could be done better than the company i'd previously been close to. It's just about biting the bullet and having the balls to give it a good go

• Like 1