Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 4-1 West Ham - Vote Now

Leicester City 4-1 West Ham

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 7.3

Total Average Rating

120 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

Ricardo Pereira 8.5
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Kasper Schmeichel 6.2
  4. Manager Confidence 97% +9%

Season: 2019/20
Voting Starts: 22/01/20
Voting Ends: 25/01/20

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Ricardo Pereira
  3. Jonny Evans
  4. Çağlar Söyüncü
  5. Ben Chilwell
  6. Nampalys Mendy
  7. Ayoze Pérez
  8. Youri Tielemans
  9. James Maddison
  10. Harvey Barnes
  11. Jamie Vardy
  12. Wilfred Ndidi (sub)
  13. Kelechi Iheanacho (sub)
  14. Wes Morgan (sub)

Some really brilliant performances tonight.

Schmeichel 6 - Didn't have much to do. Doesn't fill me with confidence from corners and lost his rag a bit tonight.

Pereira 9.5 - I've called it 10 on the slider because it doesn't do halves. This man is truly world class, if it wasn't for TAA (who I think is going to be in the top 3 players in the world), he'd be the best right-back in Europe. He's got the lot and when he's in that sort of mood he's just unplayable.

Soyuncu 7 - Defended aggressively but tidily, outclassed the hammers attack.

Evans 7 - See Soyuncu, except he's the ice where Soyuncu is fire.

Chilwell 7 - Yeah, a few sloppy touches. But he carries the ball wonderfully and got up and down the line all night long. We're better when he plays well.

Ndidi 7 - We are just better with him in the side. He links the defence and midfield brilliantly, he's worked hard on his passing. Had the strength to manage their physicality.

Tielemans 8 - Much much better, he just looked fitter and sharper. I like him in that deep-lying role, I think he can really influence play from there. I actually really liked it in the first half where he was the deepest midfielder and Mendy was the one bringing the ball out.

Maddison 9 - An understated but classy performance, he constantly found pockets of space to dictate the play from. His performance might have passed you but watch the highlights back and you'll see our best moves starting with him time and again, turning players and feeding the ball through the lines.

Perez 9.5 - Again it's a 10 on the sliders. For the majority of the game he quietly worked his bollocks off. Pereira couldn't influenced the game the way he did without the graft of Perez. He was almost faultless in how he used the ball, held the ball up and in how he pressed and tracked back. And then a cool penalty and a lovely finish at the end. Really, really impressive.

Vardy 7 - He was running the channels a lot more than we've seen of late, I think we were trying to get runners going through the middle far more and Vardy was drawing the centrebacks out effectively. Hopefully back soon

Barnes 9 - If his end product stays like this he's got the lot. He's quick, good on the ball and intelligent. Really impressive performance, the assist for Pereira was magnificent.

Subs/Subbed off

Mendy 8 - Such a shame, he works hard and carries the ball beautifully, I think him and Tielemans had a lot of potential.

Iheanacho 8 - Another effective cameo, he's improved in every facet of his game.

Morgan 7 - Steadied the ship.

• Like 3

Chilwell is being affected by the old phenomenon of posters marking a player partly on recent form, not only on performance in the match IMHO.

He wasn't flawless, but I thought that was his best performance for months: more energy & a lot more positivity - looked as if he had recovered his self-confidence after a run of poor form.

Excellent energy levels, prepared to overlap (which he'd not done much recently), good crisp passing most of the time & even several good, threatening dribbles at the heart of their defence.

Well played, Ben. Not quite at the level of excellence that Barnes & Ricardo managed last night, but a massive improvement & major contribution. Worth an 8.

• Like 2

Schmeichel’s distribution was typically uneven last night, and led indirectly to the corner (which he made a mess of) which led to the penalty (which was soft beyond belief) which led to WHU playing with confidence for 10-15 minutes. So I gave him 5.

Everyone else 6 or 7, no one outstanding but several very good, in particular Ricardo, Barnes & Perez (vamos!). Team: 8+.

Great entertainment!

18 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Come on guys... Ricardo is brilliant but you can't in all honesty describe him as  the 2nd best right back in Europe unless you've regularly watched ALL of the right backs in Europe!

Let's just agree he's brilliant 😁

Absolutely no way is Ricardo the 2nd best right-back in Europe, he's far better than that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1