Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
shanetko

Away priority system

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Bayfox said:

I agree with this. But does it really alter anything. I've been p1 basically every season since o'Neill was here, probably dropped off once during the doldrums and hit 19 or 20 out of 23 in the league 1 season and haven't dared let it slip again ever since for fear of missing a big/important game and as you know trying to get my lad anywhere close to that mark means he does the shit games. But he's getting there. 

 

I don't see how the club can hit the reset button now. I get the arguement for Newcastle away on nyd or Southampton on a Friday maybe carrying more weight than sheff utd on a sat 3pm being worth more than 1 point. But then those that work, or whatever would complain in equal measure.

 

*but if you can give my lad 30 points for attending Norwich away Friday and having to skip school I would be grateful lol

 

What levels are we at now? What season did they bring in the 50 points? Are we at 6 years now? That's still 130 aways in that time. Hows anyone gonna catch up with that. You do 19 I do 9. You still take nearly a decade catch up with me. And I know plenty that have more than  me.

 

Still of the opinion that theres no system that will please anyone.

If everyone loses the same amount of points (300), then no one loses their spot, it just makes it realistic to catch up for new ST holders. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If everyone loses the same amount of points (300), then no one loses their spot, it just makes it realistic to catch up for new ST holders. 

I do get your point but I'm not sure it does. Unless really long term. Plus we know the club just move the  brackets as people rack up points. Even if you remove the 300 I'm still 130 points better off than a new season ticket holder. Say I attend 10 aways on a quiet season, hopefully like next year when, CL becomes the priority, someone does double that they still only make a next gain of 10 and the chances are the club just increase the banding by another 10 or 20 points anyway.

 

I'm not sure if the current system is ideal, I'm also not sure that they will ever get away with ripping the system up and starting again.

 

So I guess we are stuck with what we have for now. Sure a few of those p1, coach 1 blue rinse will disappear eventually. :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a full season of away games has to equal or be slightly more than the 50pts for a STH or that extra season of Prem STH's 2013/14 20,000 of them!!! Stops Away regulars or kids growing up being able to get to games.  The automatic 50pts for a home STH is too heavy a weighting for never leaving the KP to not going to an away game.

Even when you get to a points level to get tickets, at Anfield I was at the back & couldn't even see the kop end!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/02/2020 at 14:20, Bayfox said:

I do get your point but I'm not sure it does. Unless really long term. Plus we know the club just move the  brackets as people rack up points. Even if you remove the 300 I'm still 130 points better off than a new season ticket holder. Say I attend 10 aways on a quiet season, hopefully like next year when, CL becomes the priority, someone does double that they still only make a next gain of 10 and the chances are the club just increase the banding by another 10 or 20 points anyway.

 

I'm not sure if the current system is ideal, I'm also not sure that they will ever get away with ripping the system up and starting again.

 

So I guess we are stuck with what we have for now. Sure a few of those p1, coach 1 blue rinse will disappear eventually. :ph34r:

I think you are missing his point a little here. Basically if you remove any away points for having a season ticket it makes a huge difference for the new ST holders.

 

I will use my son as an example. 

 

Season ticket holder for the last 3 years = 150pts. Say he has been to about 30 aways in that time so sits on 180 points.

 

Season ticket holder for last 6 years = 300 points. Has been to 5 aways in that 6 years

 

Next year a champions league game or a big cup, or league game comes up and makes it to 305+ bracket on sales. This guy gets to go over the person who has been doing far more away games.

 

The ST points are completely redundant. If you want to give them some sort of loyalty then just do one seasons worth to give priority over members.

 

The people right at the top of the points totals are not the issue as they go to all aways and will continue to go to them. It's anyone else trying to catch up, they have absolutely zero chance and they are the next generation of fans we need to get to games more.

 

I am on 390 so can get a ticket for any game I want. But it needs to be changed for fans wanting to climb it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to work out someone's priority level whose assigned to me - however, the history is significantly cut down from where it was before, leaving me scratching my head how to calculate it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ironically, one of the other factors that has inadvertently made the situation worse is the £30 away ticket price cap (since 2016-17).

 

Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad they introduced it.   But the down side, is that it has artificially raised demand.

 

Up to the summer of 2016, there were a few away games in the £44-50 bracket ... and I bet that used to put quite a few people off.

 

(ok in 2015-16 I would've gladly paid £100 for our away games - but that was a one-off season)

 

So if the Premier League stop doing the £30 cap at some point in the future, it might "help" by killing off some demand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Ironically, one of the other factors that has inadvertently made the situation worse is the £30 away ticket price cap (since 2016-17).

 

Don't get me wrong.  I'm glad they introduced it.   But the down side, is that it has artificially raised demand.

 

Up to the summer of 2016, there were a few away games in the £44-50 bracket ... and I bet that used to put quite a few people off.

 

(ok in 2015-16 I would've gladly paid £100 for our away games - but that was a one-off season)

 

So if the Premier League stop doing the £30 cap at some point in the future, it might "help" by killing off some demand.

 

I doubt it. We still sold out some of those extortionate games in the first season we came up, before the cap came in.

 

All it means is our away ends would become even more populated by people only interested in going to the "big" games (those, generally, were the more expensive tickets pre-cap) and who aren't bothered about shelling out to do so - even if it screws supporters who can't afford the extra mark-up.

 

The demand for tickets is nothing to do with affordability and everything to do with the fact we're decent on the pitch at the moment. All the cap means is people who would go to as many games as they possibly could anyway, regardless of how we were doing in the league, can now hopefully afford to do more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Making tickets cheaper has "artificially raised demand"? Have a word. 

It has though caused people with no intention of going buying a ticket and then just biding their time to flog it on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Making tickets cheaper has "artificially raised demand"? Have a word. 

I've had a word.

 

And he said that reducing prices definitely increases demand, whilst increasing prices reduces demand.

 

Something to do with "elasticity of demand".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

No no no. The cap is one of the few ways football has changed for the better in recent years.

I agree.  The away ticket price cap is the only good thing i can think, that the Premier League has done.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the look at it wolves use the same points system as us for away games. However there into the thousands so good luck and stop your moaning. Where was you when we were struggling in league one and the championship?! All of a sudden we are up there and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Can’t support us when we’re shit don’t support us at all 

7BA27764-EC57-4F3A-986F-38DD7A6D2306.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Burtonfox1 said:

From the look at it wolves use the same points system as us for away games. However there into the thousands so good luck and stop your moaning. Where was you when we were struggling in league one and the championship?! All of a sudden we are up there and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Can’t support us when we’re shit don’t support us at all 

7BA27764-EC57-4F3A-986F-38DD7A6D2306.jpeg

Any idea how many points a Season ticket each season is worth?

If not then this means nothing here.

 

Edited by shanetko

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Any idea how many points a Season ticket each season is worth?

If not then this means nothing here.

 

I’m glad you asked. Wolves have recently updated there system this year apparently  and a season ticket is worth 1000 points and 10 points per away game. Hope this answers your question 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/03/2020 at 00:19, Burtonfox1 said:

From the look at it wolves use the same points system as us for away games. However there into the thousands so good luck and stop your moaning. Where was you when we were struggling in league one and the championship?! All of a sudden we are up there and everyone is jumping on the bandwagon. Can’t support us when we’re shit don’t support us at all 

7BA27764-EC57-4F3A-986F-38DD7A6D2306.jpeg

Wonder what the students and armed forces spend the £1 they save on?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Wonder what the students and armed forces spend the £1 they save on?

Mc Donald’s chicken mayo 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...