Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Exciting update emerges about Leicester City & Newcastle United's transfer pursuit of Rangers star

On 09/05/2020 at 18:30, pmcla26 said:

I’d rather Ryan Kent if we’re going for a hothead Rangers player, he looked good last season from what I saw but the impression I get this year is he’s gone off the boil a little

Rate him @henrik_62? Or did he just go through a bit of a purple patch in the SPL last season?

Kent is a funny one, he seems to be very good any time he plays against Celtic and causes us problems.  The issue with him seems to be he's not very good against the rest of the sides in our league, think he had something meagre like one league assist this season and only 1 or 2 goals.  Don't quote me on the accuracy of those exact figures but I know his return in terms of numbers has been meagre and the Rangers fans have been on his back a fair bit this season.  I think he also bombed at Bristol City in the past.

2 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Kent is a funny one, he seems to be very good any time he plays against Celtic and causes us problems.  The issue with him seems to be he's not very good against the rest of the sides in our league, think he had something meagre like one league assist this season and only 1 or 2 goals.  Don't quote me on the accuracy of those exact figures but I know his return in terms of numbers has been meagre and the Rangers fans have been on his back a fair bit this season.  I think he also bombed at Bristol City in the past.

He did indeed. Was atrocious at Bristol City but apparently pretty good on another loan spell (Barnsley?) and barely played on a slightly odder loan spell with Freiburg. 

When he was at Bristol he came across very much as a confidence player and when things didn't go well for him (pretty much from the beginning) he went into his shell and looked like a competition winner most of the time.

Doesn't feel like he's the sort of player who would improve the squad of a top 6 Prem team. 

On 06/05/2020 at 06:35, Lesta2014 said:

Yes please, still relatively young!  Trust Rogers to get the best from him and vardy to mentor him 

Vardy will give a nice ‘welcome’ crunching tackle and and it will all kick off and he’ll be transfer listed within 3 months for pulling a gun on him full on Faustino Asprilla style.

• Like 1