Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
merlin1969

Exciting update emerges about Leicester City & Newcastle United's transfer pursuit of Rangers star

Leicester City transfer news: Colombian striker Alfredo Morelos has also been linked with Premier Leagur rivals Everton, West Ham United, Crystal Palace as well as Aston Villa

Leicester City are at the front of the queue for Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos, according to reports.

The Scottish Sun say Brendan Rodgers' side are leading the race for the Colombian hot-shot with Newcastle United, Everton, West Ham United and Crystal Palace all credited with an interest in the 23-year-old.

Morelos continues to be linked with City around a year after he was first mentioned as a possible signing for Brendan Rodgers.

It wouldn't have been unfair to assume it could be someone on the wind-up after Rodgers moved from Celtic to the King Power Stadium in February last year but Morelos is being heavily linked this time after rumours started doing the rounds again a month ago.

Leicester City latest

This is your round up of all things Leicester; the one-stop shop that will keep you updated on the latest goings on at the King Power Stadium and beyond.

Transfers, injuries, match-days and managers, we’ve got you covered.

We’ll be bringing the very latest on the Foxes throughout the week and around the clock.

Make sure you keep yourself updated with our handy daily catch up...

JS195025006.jpg

Rangers, meanwhile, are determined not to sell their prized asset for lower than his market value despite what the coronavirus pandemic might do to the transfer window and how it might affect their financial situation.

"We definitely don't want to be selling anybody on the cheap," said Rangers sporting director Ross Wilson last week

He added: "When you don't know what anything's going to look like, everything is on the table.

"It could well be the case that that is the situation with Alfredo.

"Until this market opens and starts to move, whether you are Rangers or Borussia Moenchengladbach or Crystal Palace, nobody is going to know what the landscape is.

"Hopefully, as the weeks go past, that will become much clearer.

"I would be amazed if we are having a conversation like this in the middle of July and the answers are still the same."

Morelos has scored 29 goals in all competitions this season, netting an impressive 77 times in 137 career appearances at Ibrox.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-transfer-leicester-morelos-news-4104442

Has good technique and skill, but his persona is like a bull in a China shop.

If he potentially does come and Rodgers, somehow, manages to make him more sensible in terms of aggressive behaviour - then great.

However, can't help but think he's a tough player to manage at times, which makes me question if this would be a good signing to make.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

We've all read the reports. I'd rather have a player who's not technically the best but works hard and listens to instructions that Messi with the work ethic of a brick.

My grandad is a QPR fan and this has shades of Taraabt all over it. 

Guest SO1
10 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

What a sh!thouse front 2 that would be with Vardy, can imagine it now. 

No. Iheanacho showing his talent now. No way do I want to see that moron Morelos in a Leicester shirt.

We need something special for our front three and Morelos has been at Rangers for 3 or 4 yrs. Save the money.

I read some time ago clubs will also look beyond playing ability eg will they adapt to their new environment, , will they fit in with other players, knowledge of language etc. Although Morelos has played in Scotland, I doubt he seems a good fit for City. From what I read, this sounds like an agent's story to increase any sale price - if Rangers want to sell. To me he does not appear to fit in with usual City profile of signings and I think it unlikely.

I see West Ham may have similar doubts:

https://www.footballinsider247.com/pl-club-warned-about-signing-rangers-player-as-pursuit-stepped-up-ibrox-exclusive/

Guest SO1
7 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if we picked him up....then we will legitimately need to question the wisdom of Rodgers and Congerton!!!!

Very worried indeed, if this should ever happen.

This won't happen to Rodgers again. Its a bull shit story anyway.

He got stuck with a choice of Balotelli(head case) or Eto'o(34 and past it) with 2 weeks before the deadline. To cover the departure of Suarez to Barca.

Makes me seethe with anger just thinking about it.

I think he'd be worth the risk if the price was right and Rodgers could work on his mentality. 

His game would need to improve because of the obvious step up in league quality but I feel the potential is there and seeing as he is fairly young we would recoup most, if not all of what we paid for him if it didn't quite work out.

Absolutely no chance.

He gets himself sent off at places like Motherwell where they get about 12 people watching.

Imagine in the Premier League with the scrutiny that surrounds it? He won't be able to hack it.

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely no chance.

He gets himself sent off at places like Motherwell where they get about 12 people watching.

Imagine in the Premier League with the scrutiny that surrounds it? He won't be able to hack it.

I agree that he is a shambles and should be no were near our club but as for your point on the scrutiny of the EPL, I disagree. 

He's currently playing in a city/league that's known as a "goldfish bowl" were football is concerned. Rangers and Celtic and their players are not only on the back pages of every paper in scotland every single day but often the front pages as well. The intensity of the media surrounding those two teams in Scotland is like NOTHING that any EPL team has ever experienced. 

If ANYTHING, an argument could be made about a move south getting him OUT the limelight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Absolutely no chance.

Yes, but you have to admit that sniffing around players who would actually improve if games were played behind closed doors is next level scouting.

Edited by turtmcfly

17 minutes ago, Broxi-Bear said:

Players wind him up and he cracks.  Behind closed doors matters not.  He'll stomp on your nuts if you wrong him. You'll all luv him, but he def is a red card liability. 

Forgetting to mention the fact that he cracks under pressure?