Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Owlstalk

George Hirst

9 hours ago, weller54 said:

Good to see the lad break into the 1st team... he's our future!

I'd love to see us sign Troy Deeney now... he'd be a great mentor for George and give us some badly needed backbone!

Deeney needs a knee operation. Won’t be ready for start of new season... still has a year left on his Watford contract so don’t think signing him will happen..plus I think he’s 32 and would want a fair wack...  it’s a no from me!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, MPH said:

Deeney needs a knee operation. Won’t be ready for start of new season... still has a year left on his Watford contract so don’t think signing him will happen..plus I think he’s 32 and would want a fair wack...  it’s a no from me!

If we were going to sign Deeney it had to be done a few seasons ago. Sadly it wasn't so the time has gone. I'd like to see Hirst slowly bled into the team over next season so he's fully established as a start the following season. 

• Like 2

On 28/07/2020 at 20:37, Hoopla10 said:

If we were going to sign Deeney it had to be done a few seasons ago. Sadly it wasn't so the time has gone. I'd like to see Hirst slowly bled into the team over next season so he's fully established as a start the following season. 

We were quite close at some point IIRC. There were definitely people tracking Vichai's helicopter around the Watford area.