Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Owlstalk

George Hirst

Seems to be thriving now he's in the U23s - 12 goals and 3 assists in 20 games; he's now training with the senior squad and might get some game time now that the youth leagues have been called off. He didn't have a great time at Leuven with Uncle Nige but they were struggling a lot last season anyway. Being with a senior squad in Belgium and not being frozen out does seem to have helped his development though.

All in all, exciting young player with hopefully a big future.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I fancy we might see George feature as soon as Champions League is guaranteed. He has attributes Brendan really values in a striker.

Is there a highlights reel of him anywhere?

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this may be a silly question, but how or why are you on foxes talk!!!

Just asking, serious question.

To ask how George Hirst is getting on after the dodgy way he joined us. You're right, it was a silly question :D

• Like 1

On 29/05/2020 at 14:06, Owlstalk said:

How is he doing for you?

I noticed he'd started scoring goals for your U23's? 

Have you seen him play yet? What are your thoughts on him?

On track to be one of our greats, how come you let him go so cheap? 

Guest An Sionnach
13 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Good to see the conversation is ongoing. The virus has changed everything , we must look closely at all our current assets including Hirst .

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/05/2020 at 18:59, SemperEadem said:

Hirst Snr still burnt his bridges with Wednesday fans? 

Kind of yeah

He's gone from all time hero and everyone's favourite ever legend to a mixed bag now. Some people still outright love him but many think he's a money grabbing dad who's spoilt his kids chances at Wednesday and ran off, and aiding Wednesday to get screwed over on the transfer of George.

Personally I know David well and to me he'll always be the legend, the best striker we've ever had, and I can see both sides of the transfer from Wednesday to you guys totally, especially given a massive fallout between the Hirsts and the Chansiri's which led to George being banished from training at the club.

On 31/05/2020 at 14:50, Costock_Fox said:

It's widely viewed that something happened at the club between his dad and Chansiri, which led to a huge fallout, George got banished, and then I think the agents got involved, Nigel Pearson is a good mate of David Hirst and things just went absolutely whacky.

On Owlstalk (our site same as this one) it went absolutely NUTS. Totally bezerk. Threads went on and on and on with fans absolutely livid, like their girlfriend had just ran off with their best mate.

I was more disappointed than angry at how George left. I was disappointed because he was a real prospect smashing goals in against pretty much any team put in front of him at U23 level and international levels.

There was a massive stubbornness from our chairman, mixed with a defiance from George and his people which led to the most controversial moves away from this club in my lifetime

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Owlstalk said:

It's widely viewed that something happened at the club between his dad and Chansiri, which led to a huge fallout, George got banished, and then I think the agents got involved, Nigel Pearson is a good mate of David Hirst and things just went absolutely whacky.

On Owlstalk (our site same as this one) it went absolutely NUTS. Totally bezerk. Threads went on and on and on with fans absolutely livid, like their girlfriend had just ran off with their best mate.

I was more disappointed than angry at how George left. I was disappointed because he was a real prospect smashing goals in against pretty much any team put in front of him at U23 level and international levels.

There was a massive stubbornness from our chairman, mixed with a defiance from George and his people which led to the most controversial moves away from this club in my lifetime

I mean fair play for not falling into that trap lol most Leicester fans recognise that we shafted you guys in a pretty underhanded way over the fee but other than that I don’t know a lot about what happened.

5 minutes ago, Owlstalk said:

I've always been on Foxestalk pretty much from day one. I know the admin on here as I run the Sheffield Wednesday version of this site over on another part of the internet :)

How many other clubs have “talk” format sites?

akways thought this one was unique.

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

I mean fair play for not falling into that trap lol most Leicester fans recognise that we shafted you guys in a pretty underhanded way over the fee but other than that I don’t know a lot about what happened.

It's hard for me to say what I really want to regarding Nigel Pearson, David Hirst, the massive bust up with Chansiri, the move from SWFC to Leicester, and the max damage impact possible on the SWFC chairman regarding the transfer fee ha ha. But you get the idea...

1 minute ago, HankMarvin said:

How many other clubs have “talk” format sites?

akways thought this one was unique.

There's not many at all. Maybe one or two more  max with 'talk' in the title/url etc

Other clubs boards have different names/styles/software.

This one is the best though.

1 minute ago, Owlstalk said:

It's hard for me to say what I really want to regarding Nigel Pearson, David Hirst, the massive bust up with Chansiri, the move from SWFC to Leicester, and the max damage impact possible on the SWFC chairman regarding the transfer fee ha ha. But you get the idea...

You mean Sir Nigel Pearson.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costock_Fox said:

You mean Sir Nigel Pearson.

Ha ha he's a legend at Wednesday too

Although has the reputation of being totally off his rocker now after his press conference meltdowns